Thread: Pressing Shift and Enter at the same time causes Trainz 2019 SP2 to CTD

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Pressing Shift and Enter at the same time causes Trainz 2019 SP2 to CTD

This has happen twice so I know it's a bug. When I try to capitalize a letter with the 'Shift' button, and I'm accidently holding down the 'Enter' button that sits below it at the same time, TRS19 SP2 completely crashes to desktop. I've done this twice and the same thing happens.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

Perhaps Shift-Enter is a shortcut for alt-f4? Does it close the launcher and content manager as well?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    This has happen twice so I know it's a bug. When I try to capitalize a letter with the 'Shift' button, and I'm accidently holding down the 'Enter' button that sits below it at the same time, TRS19 SP2 completely crashes to desktop. I've done this twice and the same thing happens.
    I'm jealous. I just tried it and I did not get a CTD - it just accepted my text entry and closed the properties dialogue box. Where can I get this amazing new feature?
    TRS19 Plus build 111951 and build 113142

What's the 3rd component of that keypad combo, jordon412? Shift+Enter+(What letter were you trying to capitalise?). Example: Shift+X+Enter might have been remapped in TRS19 to be the functional equivalent of Alt+F4 as dundun92 surmised above...
    Check that you haven't assigned that combo to Surveyor.
    Warning - don't try that in this forum whilst you're editing a post either, unless you're prepared to use the Undo (Ctrl+Z) combo immediately thereafter! (Try it and see...)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dundun92 View Post
    Perhaps Shift-Enter is a shortcut for alt-f4? Does it close the launcher and content manager as well?
    Sorry everyone for not replying, I’m not at my computer visiting relatives. Yes it also closes the Launcher and CM.

To add on to this, I booted up SP2, and pressed Alt+Enter to go into full screen mode, and the screen went black, showed the main menu at like 480p, and the CTD. It might be related to the Shift+Enter issue, not sure.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroi_Jenkins View Post
    To add on to this, I booted up SP2, and pressed Alt+Enter to go into full screen mode, and the screen went black, showed the main menu at like 480p, and the CTD. It might be related to the Shift+Enter issue, not sure.
    That black screen is graphics-driver related. Some display drivers and video cards handle that operation better than others. If you do this often, you might want to consider running in windowed mode by unchecking the Full screen check box.

Getting back the shift-Enter thing, I couldn't get that to crash either. There's something else going on to cause that.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    T:ANE Build: 94829
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 109641

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroi_Jenkins View Post
    Yeah. I had that issue once yesterday. The temporary black-out has something to do with the NVIDIA graphics drivers (Reverting to a older driver version often works). I depend on alt-enter for full-screen and for recording my videos. I think its quite annoying to have to do that, as whenever I press the windows key, it goes back to windowed and ruins my recording, and prevents me from using game-capture (Unlike most games which stay in full-screen). Wish I could get it to STAY in fullscreen all the time...

Quote Originally Posted by jordon412 View Post
    Yes it also closes the Launcher and CM.
    Ok. that's means its a bug.

Blog Entries

Default Update: SP3 did not resolve this

This is still a problem with SP3 as I have updated to SP3 and that has not solved the problem.

Cannot repro here - please provide a detailed report of the steps using this form; Trainz Bug Report
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Blog Entries

This only happens to me in Surveyor. I haven't seen this happen to me in Driver. Bug report submitted. I tried to record it on a Bandicam video for my YouTube channel, but it wouldn't CTD for me.
    Last edited by jordon412; May 10th, 2021 at 10:44 AM.

Happens to me all the time on Surveyor, not really Driver. Honestly IDK how I'm always holding enter. It doesn't do much...