Pressing Shift and Enter at the same time causes Trainz 2019 SP2 to CTD

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
This has happen twice so I know it's a bug. When I try to capitalize a letter with the 'Shift' button, and I'm accidently holding down the 'Enter' button that sits below it at the same time, TRS19 SP2 completely crashes to desktop. I've done this twice and the same thing happens.

Perhaps Shift-Enter is a shortcut for alt-f4? Does it close the launcher and content manager as well?

This has happen twice so I know it's a bug. When I try to capitalize a letter with the 'Shift' button, and I'm accidently holding down the 'Enter' button that sits below it at the same time, TRS19 SP2 completely crashes to desktop. I've done this twice and the same thing happens.

I'm jealous. I just tried it and I did not get a CTD - it just accepted my text entry and closed the properties dialogue box. Where can I get this amazing new feature?

What's the 3rd component of that keypad combo, jordon412? Shift+Enter+(What letter were you trying to capitalise?). Example: Shift+X+Enter might have been remapped in TRS19 to be the functional equivalent of Alt+F4 as dundun92 surmised above...
Check that you haven't assigned that combo to Surveyor.
Warning - don't try that in this forum whilst you're editing a post either, unless you're prepared to use the Undo (Ctrl+Z) combo immediately thereafter! (Try it and see...) :)

To add on to this, I booted up SP2, and pressed Alt+Enter to go into full screen mode, and the screen went black, showed the main menu at like 480p, and the CTD. It might be related to the Shift+Enter issue, not sure.

To add on to this, I booted up SP2, and pressed Alt+Enter to go into full screen mode, and the screen went black, showed the main menu at like 480p, and the CTD. It might be related to the Shift+Enter issue, not sure.

That black screen is graphics-driver related. Some display drivers and video cards handle that operation better than others. If you do this often, you might want to consider running in windowed mode by unchecking the Full screen check box.

Getting back the shift-Enter thing, I couldn't get that to crash either. There's something else going on to cause that.

Yeah. I had that issue once yesterday. The temporary black-out has something to do with the NVIDIA graphics drivers (Reverting to a older driver version often works). I depend on alt-enter for full-screen and for recording my videos. I think its quite annoying to have to do that, as whenever I press the windows key, it goes back to windowed and ruins my recording, and prevents me from using game-capture (Unlike most games which stay in full-screen). Wish I could get it to STAY in fullscreen all the time...

Yes it also closes the Launcher and CM.
Ok. that's means its a bug.

Update: SP3 did not resolve this

This is still a problem with SP3 as I have updated to SP3 and that has not solved the problem.

This only happens to me in Surveyor. I haven't seen this happen to me in Driver. Bug report submitted. I tried to record it on a Bandicam video for my YouTube channel, but it wouldn't CTD for me.

Last edited:
Happens to me all the time on Surveyor, not really Driver. Honestly IDK how I'm always holding enter. It doesn't do much...

Back