Does Content Manager seem slower to you after the latest patch?

Actually, I just checked and my computer says that it automatically defragments the hard drive and it's on a set weekly schedule. It also says the hard drive was recently defragmented and that it is OK. On another note, I tried turning Kaspersky completely off and even that didn't work.

Do you leave your computer on all the time?

A scheduled defrag only works if you leave the computer on. :)

Run a manual one in between especially if you are doing a lot of Trainzing and database work. It doesn't hurt.

May be worth excluding the TRS19 folder and your userdata from Windows indexing as well as on access scanning from AV and things like Malwarebytes pro.

Have a look at process manager and see what else is accessing the TRS19 files at the same time as you are using TRS19.

Unable to lock dest path 'C:/Users/Amtra/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build 1nwt6nun1/local/hash-45/kuid 140046 102651.tzarc' "
I would work to resolve the bolded above.
If you have the room, I would move the whole of Trainz out from under Windows control and to a normal data area.

What would be considered a normal data area?

A folder outside of ../../App Data/local/N3V Games/TRS2019.

The procedure is this:

Put the build folder on another drive such as the D: drive, or in another location outside of this path.
Rename the folder to something like TRS2019_DATA so you know what it is and don't delete it.

Start up TRS2019.
At the Launcher, go into the Trainz settings.
Open up install tab.
Browse to where you copied your folder to.
Select the newly-named TRS2019_Data folder.

A quick-dbr-like thing will run.

Restart as requested.

Start up and check everything in Content Manager.

Note: If you do this, ensure you tell your antivirus not to scan the newly named folder in the new location.

Okay, I moved all the data to the D drive and told the antivirus not to scan that folder or any of the folders in it. It's still not submitting anything and the same error message is popping up. The only thing that seems to work is highlighting it and pressing "contr+shift+E" 100+ times. It freezes after 15 minutes and if I'm lucky, several hours later when I try to wake up the screen, it'll be submitted. If it hasn't submitted it in 2 hours, the only thing I can do is end the program, re-launch it and try again. It literally never works if I only make one attempt at a time. Making hundreds of attempts simultaneously seems to be the only way that works and it's still not 100 percent.

Okay, I moved all the data to the D drive and told the antivirus not to scan that folder or any of the folders in it. It's still not submitting anything and the same error message is popping up. The only thing that seems to work is highlighting it and pressing "contr+shift+E" 100+ times. It freezes after 15 minutes and if I'm lucky, several hours later when I try to wake up the screen, it'll be submitted. If it hasn't submitted it in 2 hours, the only thing I can do is end the program, re-launch it and try again. It literally never works if I only make one attempt at a time. Making hundreds of attempts simultaneously seems to be the only way that works and it's still not 100 percent.

Open up the logs and watch what's happening while stuff is being submitted.

To show the logs, click on Developer on the top menu bar in Content Manager.

Click Clear Logs first then click Show logs.

All activity while doing stuff will show there such as submitting assets.

It will indicate that there's something going on such as waiting for write-lock or other messages. If you are getting this message, then it means something else is grabbing the same file at the same time while you are attempting to submit the file in Content Manager.

The reason why multiple hits and waiting works is due to you being able to get a submit in between what's holding and locking the file open.

One thing that I will add is that saving larger routes (170MB+ as shown in CM) is noticeably faster using SP2.

For most actions the ContentManager opens a small activity window. To the left of the progress bar of this window is a small triangle. Click on this triangle to open the message panel below, which shows detailed information on the progress. Using the colored buttons and the text entry field, you could filter the displayed messages.
red - error
yellow - warning
green - success
black - general
You could select any line(s) with a kuid, and right click to get the popup menu. This feature is available in many other windows (like error listing).

Peter

Since the last update CM is so slow it's unbelievable
Trainz is on a SSD
EDBR has done nothing to improve it
Compared to what it was like before the speed seems to have gone really fast on my optical connection to the old dial up speeds I had years ago
At least I can now sit and watch the little thing spinning around trying to load to pass the time, it used to load almost instantly before

big_b - K. So what didn't you do? And what did you do properly?

Since the last update CM is so slow it's unbelievable
Trainz is on a SSD
EDBR has done nothing to improve it

There has to be a reason for your experience - which is totally different from that of many others, including me.
* Did you do a full back-up of your previous installation prior to this SP2 patch update?
* Did you have zero faulty assets showing in Content Manager prior to this SP2 patch?
* Have you run the TrainzUtil.exe prebuild command since patching?
* Did you exit and re-start TRS19 following your last EDBR?
* Did you subsequently check Content Manager for 'faulty' and 'Out-of-date' assets?
* Have you allowed for the fact that TRS19 will always pre-cache data again after any EDBR and that after first-run, everything will run smoothly again?
* How are you measuring/ quantifying this apparent lack of speed? Empirically or subjectively?

More detail is required so we can assist here...

Last edited:
Here's what I get when I view the logs:

TrainzAssetAccessorCached::OpenAssetFileForReading>missing file: config.chump
TrainzLockNativeFileSystem>resumable lock timeout: d:/trainz 2019_data/local/hash-8e/kuid2 59906 6001 1.tzarc 0
Unable to lock dest path 'D:/Trainz 2019_Data/local/hash-8E/kuid2 59906 6001 1.tzarc'

On a successful attempt, I get:

TrainzAssetAccessorCached::OpenAssetFileForReading>missing file: config.chump
<kuid2:59906:6001:1>submitted
TADCopy>Unable to copy file D:/Trainz 2019_Data/cache/internet/epkvs66q48.php to D:/Trainz 2019_Data/cache/thumbnails/kuid 49906 53000-3-0-245...
TADCopy>Unable to copy file D:/Trainz 2019_Data/cache/internet/ucrr2wcw49.php to D:/Trainz 2019_Data/cache/thumbnails/kuid 49906 54000-3-0-245...
TADCopy>Unable to copy file D:/Trainz 2019_Data/cache/internet/q6k77iwb14.php to D:/Trainz 2019_Data/cache/thumbnails/kuid 49906 55021-3-0-245...

Delete the Cache/Internet folders's contents, that should get rid of that problem.

Try deleting <kuid2:59906:6001:1> run a database repair, then download it again from the DLS, that should sort out whatever is wrong with it? Downloaded it here and run a DBR and no problems with it.

"Delete the Cache/Internet folders's contents, that should get rid of that problem."

It worked! I've never seen the game submit something so quickly! It literally blew me away! Thanks everyone for your help! I've had this problem for years and finally found the solution! So far, it has worked every time!
:'( These are tears of joy!

"Delete the Cache/Internet folders's contents, that should get rid of that problem."

It worked! I've never seen the game submit something so quickly! It literally blew me away! Thanks everyone for your help! I've had this problem for years and finally found the solution! So far, it has worked every time!
:'( These are tears of joy!

If we waited a week, then it will be come a New Year of Joy! :D

Congratulations on getting the mess cleared up.

Hi. i am still experiencing these issues... how do i run a data base repair? Is that the same thing as "rebuilding database"? Also noteworthy is that before when i would place my 3dfiles into the folder to be commited the CMP would generate a trainzmeshfile from them but will no longer do that. It says "unable to load indexed mesh.. trainzmeshfile" (thats because it will not generate one)

Last edited:
Data base repair is done by clicking on rebuild database (yes same thing). EDBR is done by holding down the CTRL when clicking on rebuild database.

Back