Does Content Manager seem slower to you after the latest patch?

janathan

I'm working on some trains that someone requested me to make:
Metro North M1, M2, M3, M4 and M6
Long Island Railroad M1 and M3

but after the latest patch, Content Manager is so sluggish, that I can't get anything done.

Normally, about every 5th or 10th attempt it would fail to submit the changes, which was bad enough, but tolerable at the very least, but now, it's like this:

Attempt to submit changes
Game freezes
Error: "- <kuid:140046:102651> : Unable to lock dest path 'C:/Users/Amtra/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build 1nwt6nun1/local/hash-45/kuid 140046 102651.tzarc' "
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Error: "- <kuid:140046:102651> : Unable to lock dest path 'C:/Users/Amtra/AppData/Local/N3V Games/trs19/build 1nwt6nun1/local/hash-45/kuid 140046 102651.tzarc' "
Item not submitted

Restart computer (which used to temporarily solve this problem)

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

2-and-a-half hours later:

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

Game freezes
Item not submitted

This is very frustrating! It's been 24 hours and no changes have been made to even ONE of these trains! I'm literally just sitting here for hour upon hour waiting for it to NOT submit the changes!

Any help is appreciated as I am just sitting here wasting all of my spare time doing nothing.

To answer your post header question, no CM does not seem any different to me.

One thought, have you added TRS19.exe to your antivirus real time scan exclusion list?

Janathan - Content Manager appears to run just as well as it did (before applying the SP2 patch) for me.
What is noticeably faster, however, is the speed of route and session load times and in-game search operations, whilst the CPU exhibits much smoother and cooler performance than before.
SP2 fixed a LOT of bugs, faulty assets and poorly-run scripts!

At the very least you should try an EDBR unless you've already done it. 2nd, check for faulty assets in CM.

Well, I just tried moving the game to "trusted" on my antivirus software. (I don't know why Kaspersky keeps moving it out of "trusted" but I'm still having the same problem. I'll try the EDBR.

Not only that, but the EDBR seems to have made some content faulty that previously was working, including a payware locomotive I bought from RR Mods, saying that it now suddenly can't load the .kin file for the bell.

Re-download from RR Mods, all locomotives that had issues with .kin files have been updated.

After and EDBR, right-click on the faulty assets and choose View Errors and Warnings. This will revert the faulty assets shown. You may have to exit that view by going to Installed or somewhere else then return to the faulty again. This will refresh the content screen. I discovered this recently after running a DBR.

RR-mods has updates for their locomotives. All other .kin errors are easy to fix by adding .kin to the referenced anim files in the config.txt files.

You may have a completely unrelated issue with your PC or OS .. With all programs closed, open File Explorer, navigate to your Trainz folder, and click "properties" ... Make sure you are the Owner, and that you have Security Permissions, as well as that the files are not marked "Read Only".

From when I bought Trainz2019, I spend more time repairing Trainz assets database than using it. It's very disappointing. Trainz 2004 was better. It never needed repairing any database.

From when I bought Trainz2019, I spend more time repairing Trainz assets database than using it. It's very disappointing. Trainz 2004 was better. It never needed repairing any database.

TRS2004 had a flat file system and no database. While it was easier to access content and edit, it was not easier to manage. If we made updates on the fly, we had to delete the .chump files and restart. While the system we have isn't perfect, there are some virtues such as being able to download content, or even edit and update content, while in TRS2019 at the same time. This allows us to test stuff on the fly as we've updated it.

If you are getting multiple DB crashes, then there's something going wrong. I would first exclude your TRS2019 data-folder (user data) from your antivirus real-time scanning. If your antivirus program keeps kicking in and stomping on the files, this can cause nasty things to happen. Remember the data is in a compressed format and when the files are decompressed, the antivirus sees them and has to scan them.

Program crashes too can be caused by corrupted data. If an asset is faulty in such a way, such as a corrupted mesh or really faulty texture beyond not being able to be displayed, this can cause crashes. This was an issue going back to the early days even in TRS2004 where the program would randomly hit the desktop. Scripted assets are particularly bad. There have been some recent updates to the more popular ones to get around this issue in particular such as the ATLS and Interlocking towers.

With that said, I recommend that first you update any and all obsolete assets followed by repairing or replacing any faulty ones including those that are missing dependencies. Once everything is cleaned up, I'm sure your experience will be much better.

Honestly, I'm surprised anyone's able to edit content while the game is running. Every time I try that, even if it's something I'm not currently using, the game freezes. I still have to turn off the game to edit stuff.

Also, I clicked on the main launcher to view the properties and it has "read only" unchecked. I haven't had a chance to check the other files yet.

janathan - sounds like you need to ensure that the trs19.exe (executable) is set to "Run as Administrator'. Right-click, choose Properties, and under the Compatibility tab, select 'Run this program as administrator'.
Suspect you also need to check the Dev Menu (tab on right) in the TRS19 Launcher Trainz Settings dialog to see if you have changed any of the debug and compatibility settings there.
Compatibility mode: should be set to 'Maximise compatibility' and it is worthwhile to check the 'Enable advanced debug tools' checkbox for possible further troubleshooting access.
Important! Your antivirus program should be set to Ignore TRS19.exe and its folders excluded from regular AV checks/ monitoring. (Feel free to run occasional manual security scans from time to time, but don't let Kapersky's paranoia rule your life)!

Last edited:
Okay, so I've told Kaspersky to ignore the folder "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019" and to ignore the "data" folder within it. I moved the .exe file to trusted and I gave full permissions to all the .dll files I suspect have something to do with submitting edits. The first train submitted right away, which was very promising, but when I tried to edit the next train, it still won't submit it after multiple attempts. I've found that occasionally if I try to submit something at the same time as an EDBR, it'll save the changes after the EDBR, but that has only worked once out of three attempts, so it's not necessarily a fix. Sometimes when trying to submit, a green bar will appear at the bottom right to indicate that it's trying to do something, but after a few seconds, it just gives up.

Never attempt a submit while a EDBR, or other DBR is running. This is a good chance of making things worse. In fact leave everything alone and let the process complete.

If you are still having difficulties writing to disk, which the submit process is, there's something else going on.

How much free disk space do you have?

When was the last time you defragged the drive, if not an SSD?

The computer says I have 286 free GB of space left. I'm not sure how to defrag the hard drive, but I'll try that next.

Actually, I just checked and my computer says that it automatically defragments the hard drive and it's on a set weekly schedule. It also says the hard drive was recently defragmented and that it is OK. On another note, I tried turning Kaspersky completely off and even that didn't work.

Okay, so I've told Kaspersky to ignore the folder "Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019" and to ignore the "data" folder within it. I moved the .exe file to trusted and I gave full permissions to all the .dll files I suspect have something to do with submitting edits. The first train submitted right away, which was very promising, but when I tried to edit the next train, it still won't submit it after multiple attempts. I've found that occasionally if I try to submit something at the same time as an EDBR, it'll save the changes after the EDBR, but that has only worked once out of three attempts, so it's not necessarily a fix. Sometimes when trying to submit, a green bar will appear at the bottom right to indicate that it's trying to do something, but after a few seconds, it just gives up.

Never do "anything" trainz related, while an EDbR or even a Quick DbR is running .. never. Let the Database get sorted first, then check all your .exe Permissions and Ownership, then double check all your Folders and files, from the top down are NOT set to "read only". (As an aside, I find that the initial setup of Properties works best to click the check box and make all Read Only first, submit that, let it run until done, close out, then return and UNcheck the box, and re submit ..let it run un-interupted.) Even after that, SOME files/.exe WILL remain "read Only", and your check box should have a black square, rather than a check mark .. This is normal, and correct, as .exe files are hard-locked.

Back