Incorrect Scaling of Supported TRS19 Resolutions to 4K Displays

dgallina

Hi Everyone,

I understand why N3V have chosen not to expose & support native 4K resolutions on TRS19 (for now), but IMO there is still an issue with lack of support for correct scaling of OTHER supported resolutions on 4K displays. My gaming PC loaded with an NVidia 3080 card, for example, is connected to an LG OLED65B7A that runs at 3840x2160 native resolution with a correct and recommended 300% Windows scaling factor. TRS19 SP1 & SP2 are somewhat high DPI aware, but scale incorrectly at anything above 250% Windows scaling factor regardless of the chosen TRS19 resolution (I would LIKE to use 2560x1440 since that’s the highest available). Sure I COULD set Windows to use a lower non-native scaling factor, but then this will make all OTHER applications too small in order to accommodate the misbehavior of TRS19.

The effect of the incorrect scaling is that parts of the driver interface at the bottom & right sides of the screen are cut off.

To be clear - I’m NOT trying to run TRS19 at 3840x2160 native and I know that’s not supported. I’m just trying to make it scale correctly rather than adjusting my desktop resolution or using the wrong scaling factor JUST for TRS19.

Does anybody have a solution or how do you handle TRS19 on your 4K display?

Thanks!
Diego

Last edited:
Running in a windowed mode is an option, true. It isn’t my preferred one since I don’t want the extra borders and chrome and etc (and yes I know you could also auto hide the windows menu bar). Windowed mode is typically also less performant for most apps.

Maybe Trainz needs a true Windowed borderless mode like many modern games. And also CORRECT 4K SCALING WOULD BE NICE even if they aren’t going to support 4k resolutions directly.

diego

Yes, the truth is that it used to work, but in TRS 2019, developers cough it up. Otherwise, the option is alt + enter, but it will not achieve a larger number of FPS, so far 4K does not drive more than 60fps, so that will be the reason why we will not see it.

Back