'Tume" content. Installed SP2 and a lot of my Tune content showed up modified faulty!

meatloaf747

Spotter...
'Tume" content. Installed SP2 and a lot of my Tune content showed up modified faulty!

OK, installed TS2019 SP2. After install, updated/downloaded all that could be downloaded. I assume it was all the DLC I had purchased over the years & Tane built in Routes & TMR17 layouts. After installing these downloads, 85% came up with "view error" when I had finished downloading each one. (I remember reading somewhere in the forum that John said to disregard the "view error").

After downloading all I could, I then did a EDBR. The EDBR took hours as I has a large amount of contents in my TS2019. After that finished I noticed that a lot of my "Tume" content was showing "modified faulty" I tried "Reverting to Original" and that didn't fix any of them.

In the end I had no option but to delete the one showing faulty. (100's of them).

The question I have is, has anyone else had the same problem??? If not, then I've obviously done something wrong, but what??? Suggestions welcomed!!!

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
No solution, just a comment that from this, and many other recent threads, TS19 SP2 seems to be a bit of a disaster. Quite appropriate for the year it has been released in.

Try view errors and warnings then change views to something else such as installed. I did that a few times and the errors disappeared.

Try view errors and warnings then change views to something else such as installed. I did that a few times and the errors disappeared.

This must be so annoying, you really should not have to do this should you ? A new user will probably new completely baffled by this sort of occurrence . This constant kerfuffle with assets showing faulty, payware etc is why I'm sticking with Tane as my route building go to.

This must be so annoying, you really should not have to do this should you ? A new user will probably new completely baffled by this sort of occurrence . This constant kerfuffle with assets showing faulty, payware etc is why I'm sticking with Tane as my route building go to.

Yes I agree.

I said along time ago, and more than once afterwards, that the program is becoming way too geeky and going well past the casual user who just wants to use a virtual railroad.

There's two groups of users, well probably three. There are those like me who don't mind digging into the guts and fixing stuff, there are those that just want to use the program, and then there are those that fall somewhere in the middle. The program now is landing in the 100% geek mode and this will drive away those people who just want to drive trains and fiddle. This would be those that once had a model railway with no room to build or afford to have one. I fall into the former with little space or money to build and that's what got me here in the first place.

There are days, and I have to admit that I get Trainzed out not because I've been at it nearly every day since December 28, 2003, but because the maintenance of the program gets a bit too much and reminds me a lot of the work I no longer do since I retired in 2012.

meatloaf747 - My Platinum edition updated (eventually) without errors apart from a single andi06 item: <kuid2:122285:1012:1> AJS Terrain Spline 20x00 (Known issue apparently) and persistent problems with the Midwestern Route that N3V fixed server-side a day or so ago. My first run after installing all the Updates from the Content Store before undertaking an EDBR showed up a lot of red assets too, but closing down the app and restarting the simulation cleared everything except for the aforementioned Terrain Spline above.
I now have zero faulty assets, none open for edit, zero obsolete but NOT built-in, etc. which is a similar status enjoyed before applying the patch to the SP2 beta version.
The TUME assets were among those that were initially designated faulty, but reinstalling the applicable Content Store updates and running the EDBR (and TrainzUtli prebuild command) before restarting again fixed them all.
So, go figure. What was different in your situation? Are these the TUME assets from the built-in routes and sessions in TRS19 and (like <kuid2:82412:104611:9> Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel, for example) brought over from their T:ANE counterparts? Or were they associated with DLS or DLC routes/ assets you downloaded previously?
Best fix for errant built-in packages/ routes is to uninstall them (Run a QDBR then re-start) and then re-download the package afresh and run another QDBR/ restart.

Yes I agree.

I said along time ago, and more than once afterwards, that the program is becoming way too geeky and going well past the casual user who just wants to use a virtual railroad.

There's two groups of users, well probably three. There are those like me who don't mind digging into the guts and fixing stuff, there are those that just want to use the program, and then there are those that fall somewhere in the middle. The program now is landing in the 100% geek mode and this will drive away those people who just want to drive trains and fiddle. This would be those that once had a model railway with no room to build or afford to have one. I fall into the former with little space or money to build and that's what got me here in the first place.

There are days, and I have to admit that I get Trainzed out not because I've been at it nearly every day since December 28, 2003, but because the maintenance of the program gets a bit too much and reminds me a lot of the work I no longer do since I retired in 2012.

Agreed.I just want to make assets as easily as possible and make routes within a reasonable time frame.... by sticking with what is now legacy software which works about 99% of the time, i can maximize that time , i haven't had to run an extended data base repair for at least 9 months, I cant remember the last time it crashed whilst i was working on a route.
However, I KNOW if I move to 2019, i wont be able to that as much as do at the moment as there seems to be this constant problem with assets changing their status. They say beauty is only skin deep and I think that can apply to 2019, looks great but it has probs below the surface which can emerge and bite one in the posterior, whenever I am tempted, I just think back to Horace Fithers, i believe he would still be with us if he had built his route in TANE ....

Last edited:
Agreed.I just want to make assets as easily as possible and make routes within a reasonable time frame.... by sticking with what is now legacy software which works about 199% of the time, i can maximize that time , however, I KNOW if I move to 2019, i wont be able to that as much as do at the moment as there seems to be this constant problem with assets changing their status. They say beauty is only skin deep and I think that can apply to 2019, looks great but it has probs below the surface which can emerge and bite one in the posterior, whenever I am tempted, I just think back to Hoarace Fithers, i believe he would still be with us if he had built his route in TANE ....

While I agree with sticking with the older program for the present projects, I recommend looking to the future. I brought your Timber Ridge upgrade into TRS2019 without issue. The thing is you need to prepare for upgrades. This is probably my IT background kicking in. I always back up my content and program before making a major change just in case there's a whoops. I have found that this anti-Murphy's Law effect works quite well. It's the times when I haven't got a backup is when things get stuffed, but having one nearly guarantees that everything goes well. This has always been the case.

You could work just as well in TRS2019 as you do in TANE. I have found '19 to be more stable. I saw TANE from the raw pixels and it was always unstable. There are a lot of things in there that are great, but it was not very stable until the very last service pack. In a lot of the cases, I have also found it's the content that causes the problems. By keeping content up-to-date by updating and replacing when stuff is updated, I can keep my assets error free. There are exceptions of course with some of the scripted assets such as the ATLS and EITs, which were both rectified by the developer.

Coming into TRS2019, I had some faulty assets. There wasn't a lot of them, unlike going from TS12 to TANE where I have well over 7500 unrepairable assets after repairing 25K manually before anything was updated on the DLS. This is the same content from then in my current version. The faulty assets in TRS2019 were actually caused by animation files not referenced properly and some corrupted texture files. The corrupted texture files were completely hosed and the asset was always broken. The lack of extensions for the animation.kin files in the asset config.txt files is the current failure. These, however, once repaired actually boost performance.

Don't get me wrong here. N3V is pushing the envelope forward but at the same time has their foot in the past. If they were like other companies, we would be stuck without anything except for a handful of assets that they would offer us and that wouldn't be much.

There's a lot I could say here, but I can't on somethings, otherwise, I'll be on the Sh-list if you know what I mean. I know it's frustrating have no fear. Having backups is the best thing you can have even if this is "just a game" as someone once said who doesn't use Trainz at all.

Several comments. There are some underlying issues with TR2019 which are causing some of the problems which I think have not been identified yet.

I am running Windows 10 I have a gold plus membership and recently upgraded to build 110491. I have 50711 assets that are installed and most of the Content Store routes which come as part of the gold plus membership. When i upgraded to build 110491 I had 7 assets which showed errors - all unknown locations. These were all assets from the DLS. I deleted them and re-downloaded them and they were OK.

So the real question is why are some people having such a terrible experience with the new build and others having minimal or no issues. With every new build I hold my breath and hope that I do not run into all these issues others are having. Is it perhaps that people who have a platinum or gold plus version are not seeing the same issues. Is it because people who are downloading "revised content" from the content store are finding that this new content conflicts with assets with the same kuid number already installed. I have run into this issue more than once. My solution is to go into the config file and adjust it to reflect the most recent version of the asset. But why for instance does PC_Ace in post #7 have issues with the TUME assets and I basically have none? I have all his routes from previous versions and they all work fine even after build updates. This is concerning and probably an indication that we still don't understand some of the basic issues. Is there a difference between PC_Aces trainz configuration and mine that would account for these issues?

I think it might be helpful for people reporting problems if they would also indicate which version they have. If we had the complete information it might help in seeing if there is a trend for those having these issue.

One other comment I have regarding Trainz, which was mentioned in a previous post. I have been a user since 5-2003 starting out with version 2004. I have enjoyed the journey seeing the added sophistication added to the game. But I would also say it has certainly become more geeky and for those just starting out it has a very steep learning curve. If you love solving problems and debugging stuff this game is for you. I am amazed at some of the creativity that has gone into creating some of the routes and assets. I had a friend over several weeks ago who had a substantial HO layout in his house but had to dismantle it because they needed the room for other purposes. I thought Trainz would be a wonderful replacement for him. But his computer skills are minimal and after tinkering around with my game he just got frustrated and quit. The game as it stands today takes a true dedication to master the skills and the patience of Job to work through all the issues. But the real kicker is when people who have been using it for years run into these issues with no easy fix.

Again I think the real challenge going forward is going to be to find out why some people are having minimal issues while for others updates render the game unusable. Unless the answers to this question can be identified the game will truly become a niche for the geeks.

Having said all of this I am finding that build 110491 does seem to fun smoother then previous versions - maybe it just my imagination.

While I agree with sticking with the older program for the present projects, I recommend looking to the future. I brought your Timber Ridge upgrade into TRS2019 without issue.
thats strange ,as when I opened it in 2019 in windows there were a number of items missing such as the steelworks, which seemed to be missing from the base install, it came up as an unknown item... and I did install the TANE pack that was needed too. However I haven't really made any serious effort to see what was missing, I did have a lot of tunnel portals that were not part of the route just appear in the middle of the track every now and again ,Norm hart reported something similar. i could delete most of them , but one clump just wont budge, i'd probably have to delete the terrain. of course the billboard trees are the biggest issue, the see through snow covered pines look the worst . if you replaced them I'd like to know what you used.

Last edited:
Thankyou for the replies guys. On further investigation, things seem worst than I originally thought. Some other content creators content is also showing up as "modified faulty" Auran, bloodnok, de_jonan, Elvenor, fender849, jankis, maddy, maddy25, mick_berg, s301, txeroki, Vulcan and Tume.

Some I have been able to sort out by deleting, then reinstalling. The rest just keep coming up after reinstalling the same, "modified faulty" Some of it is Built-in "modified faulty".

Gosh this is so frustrating. I don't know if I've done something wrong, (possible/probably) or whether some of the Tane & TMR2017 builtin routes/sessions/content that where available to be downloaded into TS2019 SP2, are the reason why some contents has turned to "modified faulty".

Surely the Tane & TMR2017 built-in routes/sessions/content & some older DLC where tested before they decided to give you the option of installing them directly into TS2019 SP2, (with a built-in Download button).

I'll preserver for a few more days and if no luck sorting things out, I'll just have to go back to TS2019 SP1.

Thanks again for your comments & help.

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Bought this game today and even the included routes don't install correctly. All routes have an error. Can someone verify this? I'm almost at 2h "playtime" (regarding the refund policy on steam) just for trying and downloading.

My old content from TANE also don't work in TRS2019. To fix this I tried to copy my content fromt TANE to TRS2019 and rebuild the database. Sadly not much changed.

Last edited:
IgnisLupus - Please be patient and work methodically through the full installation process and updating routine. It does take quite a while, especially brand new installations, as there is quite a bit of updating and configuration usually required.
Above all - Do NOT try to copy your content from T:ANE directly into TRS19 until you have a fully functioning and fault-free version of TRS19 operating.
Take your time to do this after first verifying the functionality and optimal performance of TRS19 built-ins.
After testing TRS19 thoroughly in its native state, I eventually successfully transferred all of my DIY routes (via CDP) from T:ANE and made numerous improvements to them in Surveyor using the superior tools available in TRS19 before then re-creating anew (and improving upon) the sessions I used to run in T:ANE.
There are numerous changes to the route and session saving process between these two versions making most of the sessions developed in T:ANE incompatible as-is, particularly since there are often asset build differences (4.5 vs 4.6 and now 4.7) between the two. (Best to re-build the sessions from scratch).
Content Manager and its built-in filters will become important utilities in resolving faulty and out-dated assets issues.
And this forum will assist you with the curly questions that you cannot immediately resolve for yourself. The team here is keen to help!

Last edited:
Error.JPG
Thank you for your reply.

If I could try to fix the installation outside of steam I would surely invest the time and patience. The problem is that you can only refund the game if you "played" less than two hours. So I'm kinda on the fence. What IF I can fix the initial problems but the game itself has other shortcomings or bugs? Then I can't return the game.

Last edited:
Paul_Bert
But why for instance does PC_Ace in post #7 have issues with the TUME assets and I basically have none? I have all his routes from previous versions and they all work fine even after build updates. This is concerning and probably an indication that we still don't understand some of the basic issues. Is there a difference between PC_Aces trainz configuration and mine that would account for these issues?
I hasten to point out that the numerous red error messages shown when I ran a faulty filter immediately after my initial patch and update were fleeting and transitory - indicating that the cached database records had not caught up with the myriad of updates and changes introduced by the SP2 patch, and that the subsequent database repair and shutdown/ restart of the TRS19.exe program fixed most of those errors straight away.

The only residual problems were the aforementioned Midwestern Route errors and the andi06 spline.
Before I patched my Platinum beta version of SP2, I backed up all of my UserData folder files as per usual, and saved them to another hard disk drive for safe-keeping.
There were no faulty assets shown in Content manager of the previous build prior to the new patch application.
Key take-away from my message here is not to panic, most of these apparently faulty assets will disappear as soon as you run a DBR and shut down/ restart the program.
From recall, there was just one residual missing dependency shown for the TUME Avery route upon restart that I downloaded from the DLS immediately for a fairly complete fix to the entire database and all of the Milwaukee sessions.

Last edited:
I finally gave up on trying to repair my new install of TS2019 SP2 110491 (with existing TS2019 SP1 105100 content & new downloaded DLC Tane, TMR2017, routes, sessions & updated Tane/SP2 content) that had been copied/imported/downloaded into what was my new SP2 110491.

I got that frustrated last night that I ended up re-formatting the hard drive. I had made some progress in sorting out SOME of the "modified faulty" content, by deleting them and re-downloading/re-installing them. That sorted some out, but the rest still showed "modified faulty" or "modified faulty payware".

After reading several post in this thread, I'm pretty sure that I must have somehow stuffed up when trying to updated to SP2. My bad... So it's "start again" from scratch with another try. Round 2...

I really appreciate your suggestions & all your help. Thanks,

Cheers, Mac...

Last edited:
Back