Coal Country buying options

STLSF4003

With Christmas just around the corner, I was thinking of getting JR's coal Country route. The only question I'm facing now is whether to pick it up from JR or from Steam.

I'm leaning more towards Steam as it's just easier to buy from so long as there's cash in my steam wallet. but I don't know if there's any difference between the JR release or the Steam release. like is route editing locked by DRM in one release and unlocked in another?

Last edited:
With DLC in general from Steam or N3V's store, or from the 3rd party site themselves, it basically goes like this.

N3V / Steam verions its locked if you load it up in TANE, and buying it from jr themselves it'll be unlocked.
Now if you load the N3V / Steam versions into TRS19, then you are able to edit it, and can share your edits since the DRM for route DLC's has been reworked. Buying from jr you basically won't get that feature.

Cheers

With DLC in general from Steam or N3V's store, or from the 3rd party site themselves, it basically goes like this.

N3V / Steam verions its locked if you load it up in TANE, and buying it from jr themselves it'll be unlocked.
Now if you load the N3V / Steam versions into TRS19, then you are able to edit it, and can share your edits since the DRM for route DLC's has been reworked. Buying from jr you basically won't get that feature.

Cheers

So if I'm reading this right. If I buy the TRS19 version of the route from Steam and then load it up in 19, I wont be locked out of editing the route?

Yes, that is correct.
You'll be able to edit the route to your liking. The only thing you won't be able to do is merge other routes onto the route since its protected by payware DRM, everything else it'll be like a normal route.

Cheers

That, and on N3V's store, and sometime this week (tomorrow I think) Steam will kick off their Christmas sale, so if the OP can wait (if he is) he'll be able to grab it for like 50% off.

Cheers

I'm not sure if steam got the latest revision of the route for TS19, but yes, a sale on at JR at the moment plus the flexibility if you'd like to modify or extend your own copy of the route :)

I'm not sure if steam got the latest revision of the route for TS19, but yes, a sale on at JR at the moment plus the flexibility if you'd like to modify or extend your own copy of the route :)
All I know is that Steam has the TANE and TRS19 version of the route, so I would assume that the 19 version would be up to date.

That is unless you guys give the route some kind of major update recently.

Last edited:

If you mean the TRS19 version, then yes Steam has it as one of my friends shows screenshots of it

Cheers

I believe it is also still on sale at the N2V Trainz Store. Great prices right now and all you do is download it in Trainz

All I know is that Steam has the TANE and TRS19 version of the route, so I would assume that the 19 version would be up to date.

That is unless you guys give the route some kind of major update recently.

There was a second update to the TS19 version a few months ago yes

That, and on N3V's store, and sometime this week (tomorrow I think) Steam will kick off their Christmas sale, so if the OP can wait (if he is) he'll be able to grab it for like 50% off.

Cheers

There was a second update to the TS19 version a few months ago yes

Well that might throw a bit of a wrench in my plans.

I'd get the JR release my self if I could but due to the circumstances of not having a credit card or a paypal of my own, I would have to go a third party (aka my Grandfather) to get it. Which in of it's self is a bit of a hassle.

I've got the cash on hand to pay for it, just not a way to digitally send it. ^^;

Yes, that is correct.
You'll be able to edit the route to your liking. The only thing you won't be able to do is merge other routes onto the route since its protected by payware DRM, everything else it'll be like a normal route.

Cheers
How do you buy from Steam and load it to 2019? I have both 2019 and steam.

Well that might throw a bit of a wrench in my plans.

I'd get the JR release my self if I could but due to the circumstances of not having a credit card or a paypal of my own, I would have to go a third party (aka my Grandfather) to get it. Which in of it's self is a bit of a hassle.

I've got the cash on hand to pay for it, just not a way to digitally send it. ^^;

Get yourself a pre paid debit card at a place like WalMart or CVS. You can add cash to it as you go and keep using it.

Back