A Question I Have

nw2178

Amateur Route Maker
This one has been floating in my head for quite some time.
I have a copy of TS12 (it does not show up on my timeline for whatever reason), which basically means I own an example of the Mojave Subdivision as a byproduct. I was wondering if I could try porting the Mojave over to TANE or TRS19, or if that would be illegal. If you're wondering, I have no intention of re-releasing it, as that would be a backstab to all who have worked on it. I would just like to know if I can port the Mojave from TS12 to TANE/19 as I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Tony PM'ed my saying I could import any assets from the Trainz Plus free trial into any other trainz version (if I have any). Importing assets (payware or freeware) to a different version (as long as you accessed them legally) isn't illegal. The question is - did you actually purchase a legitimate copy of ts12?

Yes, I do. Hopefully this is proof enough.
view
view
proofofts12.png

With that being said, is there anything I need to be wary of? Any tags in the config or anything?

This one has been floating in my head for quite some time.
I have a copy of TS12 (it does not show up on my timeline for whatever reason), which basically means I own an example of the Mojave Subdivision as a byproduct. I was wondering if I could try porting the Mojave over to TANE or TRS19, or if that would be illegal. If you're wondering, I have no intention of re-releasing it, as that would be a backstab to all who have worked on it. I would just like to know if I can port the Mojave from TS12 to TANE/19 as I'd rather be safe than sorry.

It is possible, but there are limitations, related to the needed dependancies .. The Route will port just fine, but some of the Dependencies MAY not be able to be ported because of the "payware" label, and how the Textures are compressed ... an ongoing problem with TS12 Payware items. You will just have to try and see what dependencies end up faulty, and unable to be fixed. As for the "legalities", what you do on your computer, for your own personal use, is NO ONE else's business, nor concern.

Hi

Import the route first then download all available assets from the DLS as a number have been updated. You will then have to bring across any missing assets from TS12.

Regards

Brian

Your problem is that many assets are "locked" as payware in a particular version of Trainz.
Many assets are version specific - a number of TS12 assets labelled as payware won't transfer. They need to be present in the next version of Trainz.

Colin

Hello to all who replied to this thread,
I have successfully ported the Mojave. The signals were broken, but I decided to fix all of them.
The only problems I have encountered are the game reporting missing dependencies when they all show up as installed and the position of some tunnel ends being janky, but I can easily fix those. Thanks guys.

Back