Midwestern Branch

HPL

There is an issue with this route: I have "Midwestern Branch - TRS19" installed but it doesn't appear anywhere in the Content Store (it should be there with an "Uninstall" button). The "Updates" tab shows an update for the T:ANE version, which is NOT installed. Clicking the "View Details" button lists Build 4.5 route and sessions. I tried to update but it totally failed.

I have a MAJOR problem with Midwestern Branch. We are FORCED to download it (nagged to download it) and while it is very nicely done, there are a lot of changes that should be made to it. It is locked down as payware which is counter-intuitive since I did not purchase it. I cloned the map and made the changes I wanted and everything was working fine - for awhile. Just recently my clone copy has become "faulty" and I cannot use it any more. I put hundreds of hours into tweaking the map and session all for not. Thank you very little.

I have a MAJOR problem with Midwestern Branch. We are FORCED to download it (nagged to download it) and while it is very nicely done, there are a lot of changes that should be made to it. It is locked down as payware which is counter-intuitive since I did not purchase it. I cloned the map and made the changes I wanted and everything was working fine - for awhile. Just recently my clone copy has become "faulty" and I cannot use it any more. I put hundreds of hours into tweaking the map and session all for not. Thank you very little.

As far as I know, a cloned payware route only works if the original route is also installed

I would consider that a MAJOR bug with the program. If their own updating system removes the alias link, then that breaks the route that the user based the route on. This is where outright cloning works, but unfortunately, that's been removed from the program when it comes to DLC and built-in routes.

I had the route a year ago with no problems. I understand from what I have read that it went through a major update. You may be fighting a battle between the "old version" and a recent download. Your work was in the old version.

I had the route a year ago with no problems. I understand from what I have read that it went through a major update. You may be fighting a battle between the "old version" and a recent download. Your work was in the old version.

Looks like it has been removed from DLS:

<kuid2:605579:100200:18> : Unable to search asset <kuid2:605579:100200:18>. This asset is payware DLC and is not available via the Download Station..

It is still available in the Trainz Content page - depending on your Trainz version, it might be a free item for you. If the $$$ version is on your PC it will say uninstall. If it is a free item as part of your TRS19 load then it will say install. Otherwise there will be a price shown.

All Cloning seems to do is Mark the Installed route as editable.

Last edited:
Back