Problems with mapfiles

11ty12

Hi, I’m trying to import a large map into T:ANE using the files in file explorer. I have the trk, gnd, bmk, obs, vtx, rlr, and not files, but the content manager says they’re incompatible. What can I do?

If you are trying to import a TRS19 route into TANE, it's not possible as the file formats are different.

No, its a map I made in T:ANE. The game got uninstalled and reinstalled onto my computer and I’m trying to put the files from the “backup” folder back into the game, but it says they’re incompatible

No, its a map I made in T:ANE. The game got uninstalled and reinstalled onto my computer and I’m trying to put the files from the “backup” folder back into the game, but it says they’re incompatible

Ah, that probably means it was made in a different build of TANE, maybe newer than the one you installed?

As far as I can tell, the version I have installed is the newest, T:ANE SP4, and the maps were made using the same version and build number. The latest any of the files was updated was the 10th of this month

Thank you for linking these, but I’ve already seen them. I followed the steps outlined, but the task manager says the files within the folder are unsupported. Maybe I have them in the wrong area?
D:/TANE/steamapps/common/Trainz A New Era/TANE/build <number>/backups/20-11-24/<kuid> <Route name>

Not sure where Steam puts things, it's different to the N3V version but it looks as if you are looking in the right place, have you tried drag and drop as that doesn't always work, import folder should, leastwise normally.

I backup my userdata to an external drive using a file sync program, any problems I can just restore it and run a DBR, I don't actually use the TRS19 backup folders.

You can no longer import the folders from the backups in order to restore a backup. The only way is to find the related .tzarc file with the same kuid.

You place the.tzarc file into the edit folder and run a database repair.

I did look into the tzarc files, but the content manager says they’re also unsupported, even after removing the string of number after .tzarc

Ignore content manager, find your editing folder copy the tzarc file to it then run a database repair.

Back