VE242 error

constar261

I'm getting this error in TRS19 platnium with sp2 installed.
- <kuid2:338228:300173:2> : VE242: Unable to load animation file 'ac4400cw_body/take 001.kin' (file not found, or is damaged).
On rrmods ac4400cw's for all of them

As well as this error
- <kuid:719064:100484> : VE242: Unable to load animation file 'engine/crew_scene.kin' (file not found, or is damaged).
for greencoast q2 duplex

anyone got a fix for this.

Don't have them but a common problem is the name of the xxxxx.kin file in the config is different to the actual file or it may be missing the file.

I had that with some assets during some Plus beta testing. The assets referenced an anim file without the extension. Ensure the .kin is on the file referenced in the config.txt.

RRMods: the locos have been updated, just re-download them. Greencoast Studios: see the relevant thread in the Payware section.

I had that with some assets during some Plus beta testing. The assets referenced an anim file without the extension. Ensure the .kin is on the file referenced in the config.txt.

The only problem is that the anim file is 'crew.trainzmesh' when you 'open in explorer' in folder 'engine' and when you look in the config file, it's 'engine/crew_scene.kin'. Should we change 'engine/crew_scene.kin' in the config file to 'engine/crew.trainzmesh' or will that cause more problems?

Last edited:
Animation files are suffix kin, nothing else will work so the config should be pointing to engine/crew_scene.kin

Same problem here after SP2 patch in myTrainz 2019, on my local PBR trains addon VE242 : Unable to load animation file "mesh.kin" (file not found, or is damaged). Some got fixed by delete and installing again like Vinesoft mod K3 18 PBR but some doesn't/still faulty.

Same problem here after SP2 patch in myTrainz 2019, on my local PBR trains addon VE242 : Unable to load animation file "mesh.kin" (file not found, or is damaged). Some got fixed by delete and installing again like Vinesoft mod K3 18 PBR but some doesn't/still faulty.

I see you are new here. Please stop spamming the same error in multiple places since this is frowned upon. We have answered your question in other locations. I suggest you read the answer before posting the same thing again and again.

I see you are new here. Please stop spamming the same error in multiple places since this is frowned upon. We have answered your question in other locations. I suggest you read the answer before posting the same thing again and again.
OK I'm sorry :eek: I'll stop now. Thanks for the answer.

Last edited:
Back