TRS19 SP2 Multiplayer launch day experience

So we did a launch day test of SP2 in TRS19 today:
plan was: load up TRS19 in steamplay (using Proton-5-21-GE-1), update it and see if it runs:
That was how it went:
steam fired up, TRS19 got updated to SP2, database repair and restarted the game. Kickstarter County 2 loaded up and Multiplayer session started.
And we had up to 10 players. Session is up and running for about 8 hours and still ongoing Only 5 cars derailed in all that time, none resulted in a a ghost car.
Seriously - this is how I missed Trainz multiplayer all the time since TANE SP1. Stable, reliable and hey - the host runs on linux! (my personal TANE Kickstarter stretch goal finally met)

Really well done!

We hope there will be more ongoing multiplayers soon, like alternate sessions for KSC2 and Eagle Country and many more routes! At leas that's what we have in mine. And most likely secret FCT raffles :p
Looking forward more MP sessions soon!

Thanks N3V!
Lockheed

Last edited:
Still getting massive desync after a while. Trains showing in totally different location, trains not decoupling and such. And with no save option in MP you do not have another chance then run the "server" 24/7. So sad, maybe inanother year we can finally play this game.

I remember trying to get multiplayer working in TANE SP2 or SP3 a few months ago, with the exact same issues. What we were told was the servers were being "worked on" for the great new multiplayer surveyor feature. Good to see that never went anywhere and the same issues are happening.

I remember trying to get multiplayer working in TANE SP2 or SP3 a few months ago, with the exact same issues. What we were told was the servers were being "worked on" for the great new multiplayer surveyor feature. Good to see that never went anywhere and the same issues are happening.

It's quite a frustrating experience. We come back to it once in a while when there is a patch, because we have a group of ppl wanting to play together. We even bought another license and setup a PC to act a server but still it always ends in frustration and everyone quits again. If only the session itself could be downloaded from the host instead of DLS then allowing to save shouldn't be a big problem i would guess. And having the ability to restart the server/host would prolly fix alot of those desyncs.

I have been wanting to try MP but wasn't sure how it worked, but from reading this thread I guess there is no real sense in trying is there?

let's say it's mixed. Sometimes you'll experience some desyncs that kills the fun but mostly it's pretty well working. Not really sure what causes those effects resulting in ghost cars but sometimes it's fixed by re-joining the game and trying to not derail any car.
Lockheed

actually it almost sounds like a server lag issue, I see it on the IL2 live games, planes will just stop flying mid air or just spin around, sometimes fixes itself but mostly not, reboot. I will read up on MP.

Any update on this. MP doesn't work for T:ANE either, with is ridiculous, because at some point, it worked, and now broken again. Years and years of development, we can't get two trains to run around a track without desync. Any use of quickdrive results in ghost cars, trains pointed in the wrong direction, etc. Lemme guess, buy the next version, it'll fix all my problems they said ;)

Back