TRS19.exe missing?

After getting the news of SP2 being released, I went to launch Trainz 2019, only to find that C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\TRS19.exe was missing. As in, it had somehow become deleted from the program folder itself. I attempted to re-install the program, only to get an error message saying 'Patch failed: unable to create new file 'C:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\TRS19.exe'. I downloaded the latest installer program, and after waiting an hour for it to download, got the same error message.

This means, right now, that Trainz 2019 deleted itself and is refusing to reinstall. What do I need to do to get it working again?

I suggest you install to a new location (so just rename the path when you are prompted during install). Missing .exe files could also be some anti\virus program trying to avoid you using an exe it is not familiar with.

I'm going to try that. But I'm still a bit puzzled. It's the same antivirus program I've had installed since I got this computer, and I was running Trainz yesterday without any problems.

Maybe the same AV program but will have had definition updates, Avast deleted Trainz.exe back in TS12 days as it thought it was a virus, obvious false positive, I got rid of Avast.

I've managed to get it working. I added the TRS2019 installer as an exception to my antivirus program, and installed it to a different location. Following this, I added the program folder as an exception to my antivirus, so it should ignore it in future. Did the same for my TANE install, just to be on the safe side.

Now to restore my content. Just as well I have backups.

Back