TRS19 Service Pack 2 Released

Some Anomalies with SP2

While wending my way rebuilding my TRS2019 installation from a clean restart I am encountering some oddities. On TRS2019 SP2's Content Manager page there are numerous missing dependencies with unknown locations. Some of them I can search for in my TS12 installation and a separate TRS2019 installation on my desktop PC. However, when searching for them by kuid on my TS12 CM page they show as being on the DLS, just not downloadable within TS12 because they are above build 3.7. I have retrieved several by accessing the download station from www.auran.com and searching the download station from there, downloading them via FTP. An example of this was JohnnyC1's PBR Grass SA03 through 09 assets to build 4.6.

Another oddity is some faulty assets have only warning messages. Exporting them to cdp seems to clear the faulty flag, restoring them to modifed status.

A further one is some assets to build 3.5 no longer appearing on the DLS but were not removed by the creator and when imported from my backups show no faults or warnings in TRS2019 SP2.

I have also experienced within the past 24 hours two more crash to desktops from TRS2019 SP2 when clicking to preview assets which are not flagged as faulty. Nowhere near as many as after my first patch to Sp2 but that it is happening at all is an annoyance.

So. my question for N3V is..... Why is it that my TS12 installation is seeing assets on the DLS that my TRS2019 SP2 installation cannot see?

HPL, there is also an update called "previewpass:sc450" showing, so I am wondering if that could be related. I thought that completed OK, so then I ran Midwestern Branch again. Midwestern Branch errored again, and then the previewpass:sc450 showed up again as an update..... Mysterious.

Edit: Yes, I seem to be doing a round robin with those two, and often a bunch of other updates show up out of nowhere and then disappear. What is it with this "sc450"?

I have this exact same thing going on. Does anyone know a cause/fix?

Regarding assets which could not be seen by my installation of TRS2019 SP2 but could be seen (but not downloaded) by my TS12 installation:

Some examples:

<kuid:473136:103278> PBR Grass SA3
<kuid:473136:103294> PBR Grass SA5
<kuid:473136:103318> PBR Grass SA9
<kuid:473136:103307> PBR Grass SA7
<kuid:473136:103284> PBR Grass SA4
<kuid:473136:103295> PBR Grass SA6
<kuid:473136:103309> PBR Grass SA8

Since updating the performance has reduced significantly, to the point where it's erring on being unusable. I have what was three years ago a near top of the line gaming laptop, i7 7700HQ, nVidia GTX 1060, it ran Trainz 2019 fine prior to this update bar low framerates in areas with lots of assets like dense highly detailed urban environments.

After updating, splines (this includes track too) are taking forever to render, if they actually render at all. Sometimes you have to leave the area and then return to get them to render, and sometimes even that doesn't work.
I've reverted my game's graphics settings to bare minimum with a draw distance of 1.5km compared to the maximum of 16km that's possible, along with everything else being set to low. I'm getting framerates of 160+fps but that hasn't remotely affected it.

I've explicitly defined defined both in Windows settings and the NVidia control panel that Trainz is to use the GTX 1060 and not the internal GPU, I have also tried forcing it to use the intel integrated graphics too, no change.

As it's a laptop, I've literally sat it on a desk fan to keep it cool in case the cooling stand I use is insufficient, but running the CPU and GPU cool with the aid of a fan doesn't change a thing either.

This is infuriating. It's hard to do things like install catenary correctly lining the wires up to the support arms which are trackside objects when the splines seemingly refuse to render. This only seems to be an issue on larger routes, though. On a small route consisting of lass than 20 baseboards splines appear to render almost as fast as they did prior to SP2.

Hi,
Like others in this Thread, I am missing some dependencies since the recent multiple updates.
Upgraded to 110491 without any problems and it appears to run well - so far!
Noticed updates to several DLC routes, sessions & some JR rolling stock appeared after upgrade to 110491.
So, last night, I opened up Content Store and downloaded the updates which BTW took all night to complete.
But, when I checked in Content Manager I had 49 items showing as "Missing Dependencies".
And when I checked which dependencies were missing I found they were all Auran items and listed as "Unknown Location".

There are eight of them:
<kuid2:661281:44171:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Chairs-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44172:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Chairs-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44173:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Rail-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44174:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Rail-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44175:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Sleepers - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44176:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Library
<kuid2:661281:44177:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Procedural - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:85202:3> PBR Grass with dirt 1 - Seasonal

In Content Manager, these are listed as "Unknown Location" and there is no other versions of these items listed.

There is one other item showing as "Unknown Location" which popped up in the "Out Of Date" section:
AJS Terrain Spline 20x00 <kuid2:122285:1012:2>. This item is a dependency for "ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE" - one of the overnight updates.
Earlier versions of this item are however available.

Why would necessary Auran dependency items suddenly disappear from Content Manager??? Weird!!!

Regards,
Laurie

Hi,
Like others in this Thread, I am missing some dependencies since the recent multiple updates.
Upgraded to 110491 without any problems and it appears to run well - so far!
Noticed updates to several DLC routes, sessions & some JR rolling stock appeared after upgrade to 110491.
So, last night, I opened up Content Store and downloaded the updates which BTW took all night to complete.
But, when I checked in Content Manager I had 49 items showing as "Missing Dependencies".
And when I checked which dependencies were missing I found they were all Auran items and listed as "Unknown Location".

There are eight of them:
<kuid2:661281:44171:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Chairs-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44172:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Chairs-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44173:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Rail-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44174:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Rail-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44175:1> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Sleepers - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44176:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Library
<kuid2:661281:44177:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah 3 - Procedural - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:85202:3> PBR Grass with dirt 1 - Seasonal

In Content Manager, these are listed as "Unknown Location" and there is no other versions of these items listed.

There is one other item showing as "Unknown Location" which popped up in the "Out Of Date" section:
AJS Terrain Spline 20x00 <kuid2:122285:1012:2>. This item is a dependency for "ECML EDINBURGH - DUNDEE" - one of the overnight updates.
Earlier versions of this item are however available.

Why would necessary Auran dependency items suddenly disappear from Content Manager??? Weird!!!

Regards,
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

Try a revert to original on the Auran missing dependencies. That fixed the problem for me so I thought to pass it along. (You might need to exit the view then go back to missing dependencies to refresh).

The AJS spline asset shows as needing updates but won't because the update is available but hasn't been released. If I remember this correctly, this is what Tony told us awhile ago in one of the posts. I have a few others like that as well and ignore them. There's nothing much else we can do with those anyway outside of using the assets. They're not faulty or broken so they're just sitting there in Content Manager out-of-date view waiting for an update.

After all the faffing about trying to get SP2 assets sorted, thankfully I have finished with the exception of 2 assets that are still troublesome:

84oxqXA.jpg

AJS Terrain Spline 20x00, kuid2:122285:1012:2 by andi06. Shows built in as kuid2:122285:1012:1 with newer version available i.e. kuid2:122285:1012:2 which flags up with unknown location. Please, does anyone know where I can get kuid2:122285:1012:2?
Is it incorporated in with a TRS2019 version I don't have? I have the UK edition.

Also, n railman 5, kuid:370528:1290 by neoklai75. This shows as faulty payware in SP2 and I can't fix it, ideas anyone please?

Thank you,

Rob.

Last edited:
After all the faffing about trying to get SP2 assets sorted, thankfully I have finished with the exception of 2 assets that are still troublesome:

84oxqXA.jpg

AJS Terrain Spline 20x00, kuid2:122285:1012:2 by andi06. Shows built in as kuid2:122285:1012:1 with newer version available i.e. kuid2:122285:1012:2 which flags up with unknown location. Please, does anyone know where I can get kuid2:122285:1012:2?
Is it incorporated in with a TRS2019 version I don't have? I have the UK edition.

Also, n railman 5, kuid:370528:1290 by neoklai75. This shows as faulty payware in SP2 and I can't fix it, ideas anyone please?

Thank you,

Rob.

View errors and warnings on the N railman 5. That may fix the problem; it did for me.

The new version is unavailable for us to download, yet. There's a quirk that shows these things as available when they haven't been released. The solution for us is to ignore them until they can be downloaded.

Shows built in as kuid2:122285:1012:1 with newer version available... I have the UK edition.

I have the full edition (Build 110491), <kuid2:122285:1012:1> is built-in, CM doesn't say "Newer version available" and there is no version 2 when checking "List Asset Versions".

Also, n railman 5, kuid:370528:1290 by neoklai75. This shows as faulty payware in SP2

Have it too, but it is not "Faulty".

View errors and warnings on the N railman 5. That may fix the problem; it did for me.

The new version is unavailable for us to download, yet. There's a quirk that shows these things as available when they haven't been released. The solution for us is to ignore them until they can be downloaded.

re: railman 5. I've tried your suggestion to no avail. Faults as follows:

; <kuid:370528:1290> : Validating <kuid:370528:1290>

- <kuid:370528:1290> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'main.texture'.
- <kuid:370528:1290> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'metla-metla.texture'.
- <kuid:370528:1290> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'ruchka.texture'.

They're unfixable as the asset is payware locked. I suppose I shall have to live with that one until neoklai75 fixes it.

Thanks for the info on the andi06 asset.

Thanks,

Rob.

I have the full edition (Build 110491), <kuid2:122285:1012:1> is built-in, CM doesn't say "Newer version available" and there is no version 2 when checking "List Asset Versions".

Have it too, but it is not "Faulty".

The quirks and oddities of Trainz versions are never ending!

Thanks,

Rob.

re: railman 5. I've tried your suggestion to no avail. Faults as follows:

; <kuid:370528:1290> : Validating <kuid:370528:1290>

- <kuid:370528:1290> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'main.texture'.
- <kuid:370528:1290> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'metla-metla.texture'.
- <kuid:370528:1290> : VE65: The *.texture.txt file is missing for texture resource 'ruchka.texture'.

They're unfixable as the asset is payware locked. I suppose I shall have to live with that one until neoklai75 fixes it.

Thanks for the info on the andi06 asset.

Thanks,

Rob.

Bummer... Try revert to original?

I hate these locked assets too and stuff like this shouldn't be locked. The routes maybe if the author doesn't want them edited, but the rest of the common assets no.

Bummer... Try revert to original?

I hate these locked assets too and stuff like this shouldn't be locked. The routes maybe if the author doesn't want them edited, but the rest of the common assets no.

Yeah, I've tried that several times, again to no avail, just changes its status from Modified to Installed but still red and showing as faulty!

My thoughts likewise on your comment re: locked assets!

Thanks for your help,

Rob.

<kuid:370528:1290> is builtin for:

<kuid2:453099:100037:20> C&O Hinton Division
<kuid2:57230:100074:14> Sebino Lake, Italy (1980s)

It's not locked here though and images2tga creates the .texture and tga. it's only Trainz Build 2 so no way should it be locked. Also odd that it's not on the DLS, I though most of neoklai75's stuff now was?
Possibly deleting the cache/internet folder comments might help, odd things get stuck in there.
I'm also thinking maybe it needs the full database repair, often get found in alternative location removed type messages on problem assets.

Weird goings on as with a couple of missing assets here, that strangely became missing when they were clearly installed according to Mangle Content, downloading the previous version kicked them back into life.

Last edited:
Asset n railman 5, kuid:370528:1290 by neoklai75 now fixed by the Trainz fairies! No DB repair, no Images2tga involved; on a whim I exported it to cdp so could look at it in TS12 - no joy there. Reopened TRS2019 and lo and behold, n railman 5 not faulty - weird!

Whilst doing that I stumbled across another version of the same asset in TRS2019 by ant86, <kuid2:477779:1290:1>, Ant_n_railman_5, exactly the same asset and doesn't show as faulty, clearly this asset has given problems previously!

Thanks all, happy now.

Rob.

Last edited:
Since updating the performance has reduced significantly, to the point where it's erring on being unusable. I have what was three years ago a near top of the line gaming laptop, i7 7700HQ, nVidia GTX 1060, it ran Trainz 2019 fine prior to this update bar low framerates in areas with lots of assets like dense highly detailed urban environments.

After updating, splines (this includes track too) are taking forever to render, if they actually render at all. Sometimes you have to leave the area and then return to get them to render, and sometimes even that doesn't work.
I've reverted my game's graphics settings to bare minimum with a draw distance of 1.5km compared to the maximum of 16km that's possible, along with everything else being set to low. I'm getting framerates of 160+fps but that hasn't remotely affected it.

I've explicitly defined defined both in Windows settings and the NVidia control panel that Trainz is to use the GTX 1060 and not the internal GPU, I have also tried forcing it to use the intel integrated graphics too, no change.

As it's a laptop, I've literally sat it on a desk fan to keep it cool in case the cooling stand I use is insufficient, but running the CPU and GPU cool with the aid of a fan doesn't change a thing either.

This is infuriating. It's hard to do things like install catenary correctly lining the wires up to the support arms which are trackside objects when the splines seemingly refuse to render. This only seems to be an issue on larger routes, though. On a small route consisting of lass than 20 baseboards splines appear to render almost as fast as they did prior to SP2.

I have the same problem since the last update (now on build 110491) and it is extremely annoying as I spend most of my time with TRS19 on route building. I assume my desktop is capable enough for TRS19 ( 16 mb RAM, i7-10700, NVidia RTX 2060, SSD ) and I have tried deleting files in the cache folder and run a DBR, so I'll install the bug fix for this ( if one will ever come ) but after that I won't install any more updates until they are known for not ruining my fun with TRS19. This is an unacceptable bug.

Last edited:
I am writing to you about the multiplayer problems in SP2 Build 110491/110497.
1. Route TRS19 Stolbtsy-Balezino-Solnechnaya v.0.5:
<kuid2:570553:100058:14> TRS19 Stolbtsy-Balezino-Solnechnaya v.0.5;
<kuid2:570553:100059:16> TRS19 Stolbtsy-Balezino-Solnechnaya v.0.5 Session.
This is just an example, this happens on other routes.

2. We decided to arrange multiplayer, as always and almost every day.
We started a session.
In the first 30 minutes, 10 users entered the route and their Loading Network Data loading took about 5-10 minutes.
After 30 minutes of the game, 3 more people tried to connect to us, but the Loading Network Data loading did not allow them to enter the session, it went very slowly and the strip hardly moved.
So over time, connecting to a multiplayer session becomes impossible due to the lack of traffic in the Loading Network Data download.
What does it mean? Probably, the process is clogged with game data? Or how else to explain it?
See screen 1:

3. Flying trains, ghosts, carriages, desynchronization, etc. have not gone anywhere in SP2. The problem remained.

4. SP2 has a hitches problem. SP1 did not see this issue. In SP2, there is a problem with uncoupling the locomotive from the carriages, because the players in multiplayer have a hitch for a long time.
Synchronization again? It became difficult with the couplings and to unhook the locomotive from the cars in multiplayer you have to suffer for a long time.

5. In Trainz 2012, it seems like this was not observed, but see screenshot 2. Problem with loading objects on the route in multiplayer.
In multiplayer, when moving around the map on duty, there is no loading of objects.
And this has nothing to do with the load of RAM, there is still a lot of space in the RAM, but objects are still not loaded.
See screenshot 2:

6. Look at screenshots 3, 4. Guys, I understand everything, but when Trainz gobbled up all the RAM it was too much!
Why did he gobble up all the memory? And if I had 8 GB, would it crash at all?

7. And finally, after 3.5-4 hours of play, our multiplayer session simply crashes. the session administrator simply closes the Trainz game window.
It's just that the game closes by itself.
In general, this happens on a regular basis, multiplayer ends after the Trainz game is closed by the session administrator.
Why is it closing? Data overload? Or what?

Something like that.
Thank you for listening.
We will wait for the result.

Last edited:
I've recently updated to SP2...

Have to say I haven't even managed to get into the game as half my content is missing, no longer installed or when updating I'm met with endless "update error" messages. What is the point of an "update" if it makes it unplayable?

I'm tempted to reinstall everything. But I don't want to lose a route I've been working on since 2007.

Should I reinstall the basics, then update, then add content packs?

Any suggestions?

Back