TRS19 Service Pack 2 Released

Loaded SP2 110491 with no issues. Went into Surveyor editing at the Route level, have been working with it for a few hours in and out no issues.

High end rig, Win10, TRS19 full digital download version

But occasionally when I try to Quick Drive from Surveyor, if I Save first then Quick Drive, it asks to save again, which it normally does not do, and then the splash screen comes up and then just gets stuck there. Fan on the GPU starts kicking up, and after a few minutes I get a warning popup and then it returns me to Surveyor. If I exit the game completely, then go back into Surveyor, then immediately to Quick Drive, it will then work, occasionally. I can not duplicate the error every time yet, its kind of random. Here is the warning, and I do have more than enough disk space;

Quick Drive Error.png

Anyone else seeing this? Or know of an issue?

Added --> When I am able to enter Quick Drive, then exit, if I try to edit in surveyor, without exiting first and re-entering, when I save the edits, they don't save, just get the splash screen, have to reboot. If I don't use Quick Drive everything else works great so far.

No one answered this, but I have figured something out. Having only the Standard Edition, it does not have the new UI. So I figured I'd try the Platinum Edition, went and downloaded it, and now I am truly amazed. This version removes the Quick Drive and adds an instant drive feature, and it works slick as Slick 50. I have not been able to lock it up and it fixed all my asset problems. I've been working on my routes for the last few hours and not a glitch, again, I am truly impressed, the speed is much faster at everything.

IMO.. If you have the Standard Download version, upgrade to the Platinum Edition, well worth it just for the aggravation aspect of it at minimum.

After upgrading a second install to SP2 and finding no problems other than a few faulty assets which I never used and deleting those, I upgraded my working install and am quite happy. I work mostly in surveyor and have found the CPU fan doesn't seem to spinning as fast although I have yet to check temperatures. Loading my route is somewhat faster but saving is now done in half the time or less, taking only 17 seconds.

A big thank you to Tony and everyone else who had a hand in making this happen!

And a meryy Christmas to all!
Cheers, Jack

Like everyone else I have moved from the Beta updates in TRS19 Platinum and now have 110491 in the two main working installations. the change from Beta to SP2 was a success in both installs and the download store updates of the various routes worked well. I did get some faulty assets showing and it took a sequence of three database repairs to get them all fixed. I did a DBR then an EDBR and finally another DBR. The only issue I have noticed is that during the Beta phase I had track flashing from winter to summer and back again repeatedly. This was fixed when the final release was issued as a Beta. I did however see a report about the dighole issue in Mojave DLC route while this was going on and the reply to my report about flashing tracks said that the track issue was related to the dighole issue.
It was this that prompted me to do a test run from Bakersfield to Mojave after SP2 was released. I discovered that most of the tunnels along that section of the CM4.3 route still show the problems of the dighole with track an terrain being broken, shrubs in the tunnels and sky between the tunnel entrances and the tunnel hole.
Apart from that I think the update is very good and congrats. to all involved.

I thought there was a problem with me, but thanks to the new m.2 SSD is that after the update, I do not have a problem like other users on the forum, but that loading tracks with higher demands on details, for example, is really a disaster, sometimes loads then does not load again and still loads and why? When SP1 worked seamlessly! For example, why doesn't the weather snow or rain now for a change? In my opinion, the CPU load is much higher now than before. So you need to think about people who do not have 1M computers, but gaming pc. So what are the tests done on when there are so many complaints. BUT this is a practically permanent problem. :sleep:

Map compatibility as you save it in SP2 no longer works in previous versions why? And why this update deletes some cdp files, even my created ones Really stop making updates that don't work and spoil the mood before Christmas!

Last edited:
I echo borderreiver's post #107 more or less verbatim!

As I have already stated here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...us-are-still-using-TANE&p=1849234#post1849234

...definitely an own goal by N3V!

Rob.

All my TRS19 woes now resolved after lots of remedial work which begs the question: should I, as a long time N3V customer, have been put in the position of having to do this work?

My answer to that question is no, very annoying, some others may think that it's OK.

Rob.

Last edited:
I've got a large number of trees that are missing or are obsolete. All are from Auran most being kuid2:523 unknown location. Are these item waiting for update? Why would you remove assets before you update them? I have 8 routes that aren't payware and 14 payware routes with no missing dependencies.

Rob

Not only does it erase assets, but once the map, tracks, vegetation are loaded quickly, then it is not loaded again. I found out that the problem is shadows and especially the game loads 10GB of RAM and nothing loads in the game! very unprofessional optimization just a game without models all the space when loading, do you mean developers seriously?! And if you create models, back up them rather than install SP 2, otherwise you will lose them! And all you have to do is run a database repair and you have thousands of red items from the black text. I remember this when SP1 came out at New Era there it even erased the maps without the possibility of correction. I also found out that the game now has a problem with saving files in the Editor when creating tracks, every time an junction is created or a tracks, assets disappear or load incorrectly. You always need to save CTRL + S and the game keeps asking after the game you want to save the files even if they are saved.

Last edited:
I've got a large number of trees that are missing or are obsolete. All are from Auran most being kuid2:523 unknown location. Are these item waiting for update? Why would you remove assets before you update them? I have 8 routes that aren't payware and 14 payware routes with no missing dependencies.

Rob

If you have any DLC, ensure you download all the updates. That solved the missing dependencies I had. I have a few routes with missing stuff, but that's definitely 3rd party from somewhere and not available according to the TKI. The rest of the built-ins and DLC are all fine and that was the problem I had initially.

This is something that N3V should have told us when releasing the updates.

Hi Rob,

Rob

From a thread in "freeware":-

"kuid:523:19723447 is "Martin", a Driver character. I found a link here:

http://www.e-buzz.se/forum/showpost.php?p=307256&postcount=40​

Nick Ozorak"

I guess that drivers have to have an animated character?

Colin

Have the messages on the screen been completely deleted? Now they cannot be enabled even with
Interface.SetMessageWindowVisible (true);
This is very frustrating. :(

Have the messages on the screen been completely deleted? Now they cannot be enabled even with
Interface.SetMessageWindowVisible (true);
This is very frustrating. :(

Driver Msgs? Mine are working OK.

Just a thought, but everything would likely go smoother with a new install and re-install all your own work, 3rd party, and DLC content. Rather than spending hours debugging I'd rather just build a new install. Things seem to work much better that way. I have few issues with changes and updates.

Should it have to be that way? NO. But, something with the Patch Installer, asset/DB updates, and new file format seems flaky and is just too much to change for things to be clean and working well.

Thank for the replies. The 523 kuid I'm having trouble with are mostly trees which were builtin in the first version of 19. CM says they are unknown location. The updates are listed as unknown location. I've done the content store updates and database rebuilds.

example
<unknown asset> <kuid2:565830:100039:2> Tree Aspen 02 Auran Build 3.9 Installation Date 26-Oct-2018
<unknown asset> <kuid:565830:100039> _ _ _ _
<unknown asset> <kuid2:565830:100039:1> _ _ _ _

Rob

Forget this did another rebuild and they all were unloaded in the process.

Last edited:
I made a comparison of SP 2 and SP 1 first I have to say that SP1 is much more efficient, compatible and faster.
Now that I found out when installing SP2 there were no problems, but I did not expect them, the problem did not occur when running the EDITOR of the map, because I have created a huge map that uses the DEM system, so the comparison was more complicated, but back to the point.
SP2 optimization is bad, I don't know what kind of graphics card or Processor it should be, but on RTX 2070Ti it should go to ULTRA which goes, but you can't measure FPS, because SP2 doesn't allow screen overlay even with a graphics card, as you did Developers created when the game works on some non-specific basis. The game in the Editor constantly loads, deletes and resets switches, tracks and other models during any track modification.
In SP2, the game tries to save files all the time, even if it is saved properly, the game again asks if it should save. The ride is smooth, but the Editor has problems, many people write that the database is clean, but why, I am not interested in any database, I have never had problems loading the database. So to sum up the power of SP1 is much more powerful and optimized for all players and certainly without problems. SP2 is unfortunately a problem that I had to delete and go back to the previous service pack, although after saving the map it was very complicated because SP2 deletes the database and deletes a lot of useful things and deletes even files that you can't find in the Download Manager.

I seem to be having a problem with SP2. While the downloading went fine, I'm finding that when starting the TRS2019 program, the rebuilding of the data base stalls out for some reason and never finishes. After that the program closes with no errors... it just closes. I start the program again, the same thing happens. Any thoughts???

Steam user with the exact same problem. I noticed you posted twice and no one gave an answer. Did you figure out a solution? If so, I'd love to know what it is!

Otherwise, could some kind soul give some guidance here please?

Gisa

Steam user with the exact same problem. I noticed you posted twice and no one gave an answer. Did you figure out a solution? If so, I'd love to know what it is!

Otherwise, could some kind soul give some guidance here please?

Gisa

Clear the cache folders for downloads and scripts. Go to your user-data folder, wherever you have that located.

Open up Cache/Internet and delete all the download stuff in there.

Once complete, go to the Cache/libraries folder. Open that up and delete the contents. This may appear to hang at the end, but let it finish.

Once done, run a DBR and see if that works.

Clear the cache folders for downloads and scripts. Go to your user-data folder, wherever you have that located.

Open up Cache/Internet and delete all the download stuff in there.

Once complete, go to the Cache/libraries folder. Open that up and delete the contents. This may appear to hang at the end, but let it finish.

Once done, run a DBR and see if that works.

Hi John,

Thank you kindly for trying to help me solve this frustrating problem.

I have twice tried to delete all the files in the Cache/Internet and Cache/Libraries folder but I am still having the same issue. It occurs while checking for faulty assets and appears to crash the program/silently close it.

Nice of the folks to release a patch but...given the issues so many are having, I think this should have been postponed/further tested first before rolling out.

Any other advice you could recommend?

Gisa

Back