TRS19 Service Pack 2 Released

A total re-install would likely remedy your problem. You should already have backup of you created assets! You should have a backup of you user data folder and separate CDP exports of your routes, assets. You should ALWAYS have backups. Also, If you have disk space, do a new re-install into separate folders (1.) app install base install and (2.) user data folder. Then make sure your new install works. You can then delete the original "bad" install. It's common for some users to have 2 or 3 separate installs. A "main" install, beta test install, etc.

A total re-install would likely remedy your problem. You should already have backup of you created assets! You should have a backup of you user data folder and separate CDP exports of your routes, assets. You should ALWAYS have backups. Also, If you have disk space, do a new re-install into separate folders (1.) app install base install and (2.) user data folder. Then make sure your new install works. You can then delete the original "bad" install. It's common for some users to have 2 or 3 separate installs. A "main" install, beta test install, etc.

Thank you for this

I take it I simply Archive my old routes or export them and store them on my other hard drive?

I don't have enough room multiple installs on my main drive (SSD)

When I attempted to install onto my 1TB Hard drive, Trainz didn't like it and threw a wobbly.

Last edited:
im new on trainz
but i have want a train into trainz 2019
this one
250px-Upptaget_uppsala_130704.jpg

Hi AngaU, and welcome to TRAINZ! You may want to post these questions in the General discussion forum, where you will find lots of help. You might mention the actual name and type of the train, as well as if you are looking to upload a model you created, or if you would like someone else to create it. The picture looks familiar, and there are quite a number of High-speed trains already on the DLS or available at other locations. People on the General forum can help point out these as well. Have fun!

reverted 4.7 route to 4.5 and it works!

If I didn't see it happen with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it, I reverted the ( large ) route I have been working on with TRS 19 SP2 back from build 110491 (4.7) to build 105096 (4.5). At least now I can continue working on my route, it wasn't possible under SP2, too many issues with tracks and other splines ( See my earlier post in this thread, #157 ). I know it's mentioned that it isn't possible to revert to an earlier version from 4.7 but I seem to have proved that as wrong. My route doesn't show any errors or missing assets and no strange behavior at all.
Here's how I did it, I made a .cdp of the route and stored it on another local harddisk, removed the TRS19 install from my pc ( everything, registry entries included, I used a freeware program called BCuninstaller for that ) and restarted my pc. I still had an offline install folder for build 105096 , used that one to reinstall TRS19. Then I imported the route in my new install , of course it showed as 'incompatible' in CM. I used AssetX to change the build number to 4.5, submitted it and lo and behold, I have my route back in build 4.5 . I am happy. No more patching for me until I am 100% sure SP2 is fixed.

Thank you for this

I take it I simply Archive my old routes or export them and store them on my other hard drive?

I don't have enough room multiple installs on my main drive (SSD)

When I attempted to install onto my 1TB Hard drive, Trainz didn't like it and threw a wobbly.

Do you have a lot of Trainz backups on your disk? If you are not aware, Trainz keeps, by default, 5 Backups. Perhaps that's what's eating your disk? I have a 1TB (2TB on the way) and I have 3 installs on it with most all the Payware routes and lots of freeware. But no Backups on that disk. (The app/base install is on C: and Trainz user data folder on the 1TB D:

Yes, it is possible to return from 4.7 to 4.6, there are no missing files or no problem, the problem itself is 4.7

SP2 can't work in the editor, a lot of bugs, slow and erases the tracks. In SP1, it's flexible and very fast and without problems, I wonder why SP2 came out when it's "on fart".

Some oddities, in surveyor, that were not in previous +build:
1. Long loading times for objects after game starts, the busy icon in the object menu.
2. After committing an assert, new or d/l faulty and fixed, asset will show modified in CM. When re-opening, in the preview, the game will CDT, and upon reopening the asset will show faulty. Sometimes after restart a DB repair will occur.
3. After loading, and if I delete an asset the screen will freeze. This will occur in each object menu when first selected.

John

Help needed

So I did the patch upgrade, rebuilt database etc but every time I open the game it says there is a patch available. Is there anyway to stop this from showing please.

Bsillett did you do all patches? Depending on which version you have there can be at least 2 patches to get to the final version, although I'm not touching SP2 with a 50ft barge pole!

Bsillett did you do all patches? Depending on which version you have there can be at least 2 patches to get to the final version, although I'm not touching SP2 with a 50ft barge pole!

Done it twice now. still getting message. Will do it again to see if that helps.

Update. All fixed, cheers lads.

Last edited:
I don't know how much importance wil be placed on this, but after SP2, Tutorial 9 on Dynamic braking appears to work OK if you take the default chase view. If you try to use cab view though, you still will not be able to release the brake pipe pressure, even holding the D key down, and you won't get very far. You will get started, but won't get any speed up, nor get to the corner before you get stopped.

Yes, it is possible to return from 4.7 to 4.6, there are no missing files or no problem, the problem itself is 4.7

Do you know what build number 4.6 is? I had to reinstall to downgrade so I'm back on build 100240, how far forward should I upgrade.

BTW: If you downgrade and get faulty assets after a reinstall, check the error isn't the build number. I'd saved work on a route in 4.7 and it had changed my Trainz version to 4.7 so when I reinstalled it initially threw an error not recognising the build number until I went and edited the config file and changed it back to 4.5.

Not sure if anyone has had the same issue as I'm having but I've been trying to install Build 105100 for WEEKS now since it's release, I haven't been able to do it successfully though because I keep getting this error message...

"Patch Not viable.

Details:
Filepath already occupied: C:\Program Files (x86)\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\DebugHelper.exe"

TRS19 Trk Jarrah Payware assets: Not Installed, Payware (not active). Build 110491

I'm on TRS19 Build 110491, v4.7 and have the following assets showing 'Not Installed, Payware (not active)' and breaking several routes:

<kuid2:661281:44105:5> TRS19 Trk Jarrah Sleepers - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44104:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah Rail-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44103:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah Rail-Left - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44102:15> TRS19 Trk Jarrah Mesh Lib
<kuid2:661281:44101:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah Chairs-Right - Seasonal
<kuid2:661281:44100:3> TRS19 Trk Jarrah Chairs-Left - Seasonal

Why? I haven't installed all Payware route/sessions available. Do I need to install some particular route to make these payware active?

Peter.

Last edited:
Those assets are part of the SP2 built-in content set. This means they are found in your install folder in \resources\builtin\46472d\

Firstly check in Windows Explorer that they are there.

If so, a db repair may resolve the problem.

If not, creating a new local data folder will solve the problem, but then you'll need to import your other local content.

Did you move, rename, or otherwise manually try to update something to get into this state?

Back