TRS19 Service Pack 2 Released

Tony,

Thanks for the excellent advice. All is now resolved.

> ... your install folder in \resources\builtin\46472d\
> Firstly check in Windows Explorer that they are there.

They were

> If so, a db repair may resolve the problem.

It did.

> If not, creating a new local data folder will solve the problem, but then you'll need to import your other local content.

Thank heavens that I didn't need to do that as I have over 1TB of TRS19 data on my 2TB SSD.

> Did you move, rename, or otherwise manually try to update something to get into this state?

Now that worried me because I had copied my TRS19 data from my 1TB onto my (then) new 2TB SSD (adjusting the path in the 'local data folder, of course) and I thought I had done a database repair without repairing problems like this. In the event, I must have been remembering an earlier database repair.

So all's well that ends well.

Speaking of having over 1TB of TRS19 data on an SSD. Would that be why it is so slow to list available assets (especially train vehicles & consists) in surveyor? (I start from CM). Or do you think that may be solved now too?

Excellent advice. Thanks.

Peter.

Why all of sudden "Cornish Mainline and Branches - TRS19" is "Installed, Payware (not active)"?

There's an update for it
FgdHA97.jpg

Cheers

So from now on when an update is available content becomes "not active"? And consequently you are forced to install it! Getting worse and worse...

Hm, I see I have version 17 of the Cornish route, no #18, and version 19 says not installed payware (Not Active). So would downloading the so-called latest disable my copy?

Finally got around to installing SP2. After reading this entire thread, decided to use a safe approach. Used the online download to install SP2 (PE) separate from SP1 (PE). Copied my SP1 userdata to an external drive and pointed SP2 at it. No new missing dependencies or faulty's to report. It seems to maneuverer a little more zippier that SP1 and there has been no temperature change for my CPU or GPU cards for the same settings (medium) and simulation circumstances (this is with a Clevo P375SM [i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz] with dual GTX780M's). Ready to point it at my real userdata folder and uninstall SP1.
Two-Versions-Installed.png

Thanks for the update, it went well, I didn't have to pull out any hair which had just grown back to original length from the SP1 install.

P.S. For the Start Trainz screen in North America, not sure why a gas station would be built facing the RR tracks rather than the street.

Last edited:
Hi All
Thank you for the report regarding the missing assets. Our team are currently looking into this, as at this stage the old version should not show as 'not active'.

Regards

Maybe I did a mistake installing this latest patch, but I keep all this as an experiment. After upgrading, there are many assets not showing on the route, but CM shows them as built-in or not faulty. AJS stations are gone and the seaport too. On rolling stock what was working, now shows as missing and or available to download. Odd things. Any solutions?

Maybe I did a mistake installing this latest patch, but I keep all this as an experiment. After upgrading, there are many assets not showing on the route, but CM shows them as built-in or not faulty. AJS stations are gone and the seaport too. On rolling stock what was working, now shows as missing and or available to download. Odd things. Any solutions?

Yes there is, you didn't finish patching yet, you didn't run a DBR.

1) By when I decided to come to the forums, I had made 2 DBR's. maybe i have to do an EDBR? I hope not as every time I did that, something had to be repaired after or weird things develop.
2) By my experience, when you patch, at some point it says it is done and you see the built number changed. Obviously, there is some more steps left?? if so, the program should indicate what you still have to do. On the splash screen i see: 110491

1) By when I decided to come to the forums, I had made 2 DBR's.

The forum would have needed to know that to properly help you. You can try Tony's alternate posted in post #1 of making a separate SP2 install, then point it at your user data folder, (then DLC download and DBR), then delete the balance of SP1. Worked well for me.

As we learned from the analogous SP1 thread to this thread, N3V's patches are not designed to fix any pre-existing conditions that could potentially be exacerbated by a patch. The QA for the patch is that it properly transforms a pristine SP1 user data folder to the target SP2 user data folder. Patches are a "garbage-in garbage-out" affair.

Last edited:
I lost count of how many BDR's I did, I think 5. Bingo: After -5- DBR's, assets started to show up! Not bad, yes? Still, things that are non faulty in CM, show red on the route with the proper orange square box indicating a missing or faulty asset. Have not run any trains yet, afraid that there will be more errors or faults, I am concentrating on making the route as close to the original. Some assets I have been able to repair, others refuse to work, some show well and next time I open the route have the square box and are non faulty in CM. A mess...

I lost count of how many BDR's I did, I think 5. Bingo: After -5- DBR's, assets started to show up! Not bad, yes? Still, things that are non faulty in CM, show red on the route with the proper orange square box indicating a missing or faulty asset. Have not run any trains yet, afraid that there will be more errors or faults, I am concentrating on making the route as close to the original. Some assets I have been able to repair, others refuse to work, some show well and next time I open the route have the square box and are non faulty in CM. A mess...

If your user data folder, pre-built folder, and/or built-in folders are that bad that you are too scared to use Driver, I would make a copy of your pre-patch user data folder and establish it as your new user data folder, then target it from a new full online install of SP2 made into a distinct folder from your SP1 (full Sp2 installer is linked on the your Planet Auran/MyTrainz page lower left). Make sure to select the TRS19 update stream (I see you do not have Platinum in your moniker). Follow up of course by Content Store downloads and DBR. If everything works well enough, delete the SP1 folder.

Last edited:
At this point let me remember I am doing all this as an experiment to see if upgrading is feasible or practical. What you suggest is pretty much doing a fresh install. I try to avoid that. Digging into the matter I found that on SP2, an asset may show not faulty in CM. It does not show in the route, and back at CM, I find a recursive sub asset faulty in red! Fix or delete this, and the asset appears in the route. But SP2 is more "delicate" and shows more the faults than before, and some just refuse to get fixed. I use extensively PEVsoft utility, but even then i have to delete and if possible find alternatives to continue. One thing that still works are the settings for points, junction controllers, M.I.N. parameters, schedule library and most of what makes the session functional. Is a matter of time, patience and work. But I rather spend my time playing than fixing things. Things that were working before on SP1.

Most of us bought the game to play and have joy driving trains plus creating our World. Now we have to add that we have the game to have the joy of fixing things. If they can be fixed.

What you suggest is pretty much doing a fresh install. I try to avoid that.
Not exactly, my remedy precluded transferring unique assets in your library to a new user data folder, which is the bear portion of a fresh install.

Digging into the matter I found that on SP2, an asset may show not faulty in CM. It does not show in the route, and back at CM, I find a recursive sub asset faulty in red!
If a parent asset has faulty dependencies, it is indicated in the Start Trainz screen by a superimposed red exclamation mark onto the parent asset's square thumbnail. The presence of faulty dependencies may not show up in the CM in the parent asset's status listing. "Faulty Dependencies" is not one of the 14 asset status flags.

Last edited:
Did I miss something: the time in a session is not advancing. The session starts at XX:XX and the time just doesn't change. The game is not paused.

Another problem, trains no longer stop at <kuid2:61392:8321:70> AutoDriveToMCPathStop (TANE SP4 and later) and <kuid2:61392:8311:70> MCPathStop (TANE SP4 and later), or they stop but do not lose the AutoDrive command.

Did I miss something: the time in a session is not advancing. The session starts at XX:XX and the time just doesn't change. The game is not paused.
It's working here with a session I just created. What are the steps used to create the session and set the time?

Another problem, trains no longer stop at <kuid2:61392:8321:70> AutoDriveToMCPathStop (TANE SP4 and later) and <kuid2:61392:8311:70> MCPathStop (TANE SP4 and later), or they stop but do not lose the AutoDrive command.
I'm not familiar with this command but pguy is usually very good at maintaining support for his scripts. Have you tried replacing the pathstops?

So from now on when an update is available content becomes "not active"? And consequently you are forced to install it! Getting worse and worse...

Just clarifying this was a configuration issue and has been resolved. There is no requirement to update.

Back