Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019: Compiling Issues (FBX)

trainboy234567

Greencoast Studios
Okay so for the past couple of days I have been trying to compile and update several assets and unfortunately, many of those assets fail to compile due to some sort of error. Now I’m unsure if this is true but in the older builds of the game, some errors wouldn’t cause the asset to fail entirely. Now every error causes the asset to fail entirely. I’ve managed to fix most of the errors but now there is a new one forming and I’ve been trying to fix it for a week now and have made no progress. Can anyone explain?
image0.png

This is certainly an issue that seems to be present since a few Trainz Plus betas. If there are errors at all in the submitting process, the asset will not commit. Sometimes, especially with FBX creation, there will be errors that don't need to be solved since they will work fine after being converted to trainz mesh. Seems like this bug still persists in SP2, as I've seen many creators struggle to submit their content today. Hopefully this issue gets looked at sooner than later so creators don't have to rely on older builds.

Hi, I've also had this problem, specifically right after installing the new patch.

I've checked all the names, positions, materials, everything is fine, yet trainz still doesn't commit the asset and gives me this error with no real explanation on how to fix it. Whenever it does commit it tells me the TXT files are being created, yet when I open up the explorer they are nowhere to be seen. If there's a way to downgrade to a previous build let me know cause i am quite enraged at the fact this slipped by on a patch that's suppose to make the game better.
unknown.png

Hi, I've also had this problem, specifically right after installing the new patch.

I've checked all the names, positions, materials, everything is fine, yet trainz still doesn't commit the asset and gives me this error with no real explanation on how to fix it. Whenever it does commit it tells me the TXT files are being created, yet when I open up the explorer they are nowhere to be seen. If there's a way to downgrade to a previous build let me know cause i am quite enraged at the fact this slipped by on a patch that's suppose to make the game better.
unknown.png

This is actually unrelated to the initial post, but it's not at the same time.

What happens is new versions have more strict error checking so that things that were ignored, or not reported but flagged, now cause the asset to be flagged (reported) as faulty. In other words, the error was always there and not reported before. The solution for you, unfortunately, only is to look for an updated asset because the fault can only be repaired by the original content creator.

If you could copy the asset listed as faulty in Content Manager by highlighting and pressing CTRL+C, and pasting the information in the forums in another post, along with this error message, maybe someone can direct you to where there's an updated asset.

The thing is when code updates are made, there is no old version available to download. If you did reinstall the old version, the content will not work properly due to program data changes. What will happen is if you were to open up this content database in the old version is everything will be corrupted. I have made this mistake myself and the process to recover this was painful, and in the process I lost a lot of good routes that could only be deleted because they could no longer be opened in the new version.

With that said, the only thing you can do is back up everything prior to patching. Should you have problems, you then could restore the data and the old version and remained there until you update. In general we recommend backing up the program its self and your content folder to an external device such as an external drive. If you were to have a system crash and lose a hard drive that contains your content, you won't lose anything in that case and be able to carry on where you left off once you copy everything back to your replaced hard disc.

This is actually unrelated to the initial post, but it's not at the same time.

What happens is new versions have more strict error checking so that things that were ignored, or not reported but flagged, now cause the asset to be flagged (reported) as faulty. In other words, the error was always there and not reported before. The solution for you, unfortunately, only is to look for an updated asset because the fault can only be repaired by the original content creator.

If you could copy the asset listed as faulty in Content Manager by highlighting and pressing CTRL+C, and pasting the information in the forums in another post, along with this error message, maybe someone can direct you to where there's an updated asset.

John,

When it comes to asset creation, these warnings help tell the creator what is wrong with their mesh. However, some of these errors cannot be gotten rid of. The errors/warnings with "T2" are referring to the ASSIMP importer which converts the FBX meshes to the trainzmesh format for use in Trainz. Unlike normal Trainz errors, these are coming from the ASSIMP importer itself and not heavily documented. For example, I've never been able to figure out the animation error listed above. Since the ASSIMP errors now cause an asset to fail to commit completely (left Open for Edit) it will not generate the trainzmesh for the creator. Before, any errors generated by the ASSIMP importer would still let the trainzmesh be generated. Most of the time, these ASSIMP errors can be ignored since the mesh comes out fine.

Take this asset in Build 110491, with only the FBX meshes present, it will not generate the trainzmesh meshes. In earlier builds such as 105096, this does not happen, and the mesh will still be generated.

lCgDBvc.png

While it's important for us to recognize the errors, in this case the asset should still be capable of being submitted. Note in the case above, it simply says "Done." It doesn't say "Failed" anywhere, despite the asset still being left open for edit and no trainzmeshes generated. Given this behaviour, it seems this is most likely a bug.

Back