Unreleased MBTA Type 7?

Leverettrailfan

I feel like it's a little foolish to dig up an old thread... but my curiosity got the better of me
I happened upon this today: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?121706-MBTA-Green-Line
I'm a significant traction fan, and quite fond of the MBTA's Type 7 LRV, but unfortunately the versions on the DLS aren't very well outfitted (no interior, changeable rollsign, or visible passengers), so I was very curious about who created these 'updated' versions- and if they were still active/had ever released their models, since they look very impressive.

Am I anticipating anyone knows? Truthfully no, but I wanted to be optimistic :eek: as they say, 'nothing ventured, nothing gained'

I wish they were released because I sure like those as well having ridden on the real ones more than once.

I wish they were released because I sure like those as well having ridden on the real ones more than once.

I still haven't been able to ride one, but when I was little and my grandparents still lived in Lexington, Mass, we'd periodically drive up on weekends to see them, and sometimes we'd make a trip to the Boston Science Museum, where I remember watching the green line trains crossing the Lechmere viaduct. I also remember a trip once, where my family was taking the Red Line, and since our train was taking a while we went over to watch the green line trains- I didn't know the name of the station then, I think I must have been around 5 or 6, but I know now that it must have been Park Street since the two lines don't meet anywhere else.
The type 7 LRVs are my favorite 'modern' MBTA equipment, they somewhat evoke the timeless look of the PCCs that they replaced.

I still haven't been able to ride one, but when I was little and my grandparents still lived in Lexington, Mass, we'd periodically drive up on weekends to see them, and sometimes we'd make a trip to the Boston Science Museum, where I remember watching the green line trains crossing the Lechmere viaduct. I also remember a trip once, where my family was taking the Red Line, and since our train was taking a while we went over to watch the green line trains- I didn't know the name of the station then, I think I must have been around 5 or 6, but I know now that it must have been Park Street since the two lines don't meet anywhere else.
The type 7 LRVs are my favorite 'modern' MBTA equipment, they somewhat evoke the timeless look of the PCCs that they replaced.

I agree they look a lot like the PCCs which I rode most of my life growing up. I once took a PCC trolley all the way down to Forest Hills. My dad parked at Lechmere and we then traveled the whole line. Sadly both Lechmere station is going away as we know it and Forest Hills is gone. Lechmere will be changed to a through station as the line continues to Somerville Union Square and Medford Square, albeit, on the B&M ROW instead of on the streets as it did in the past. Speaking of Union Square, I remember seeing the old trolley tracks and wires still in place while I was very young. The service was long gone, but the infrastructure was still there. The service came out of Sullivan Square from what I told.

The Type 7s are fairly roomy inside, which is something that was always an issue on the crowded Green Line.

Back