Database repair crashes

AlexMaria

Ente Ferrovie dello Stato
Hi all,

I'm having yet again a bit of trouble with Trainz19's content manager:

Evry time i try to start trainz, a database repair window pops up. This wouldn't bee too unusual, except that about 3/4 done, the repair process crashes, the content manager closes itself and it has to do it evrything all over again; meanwhile i'm still not able to run trainz.

After several attempts, i discovered that the process crashes while checking faulty assets, so i tried to fix the problem by opening the content manager and deleting all faulty or obsolete assets, but this did not affect anything, and trainz is still starting the database repair process as soon as i open it.

How can i solve this problem? By the looks on the forum, it appears i'm not the only one having such issue.

Just a guess but I would try telling your virus scanner not to scan your Trainz content folder in real time. I had database issues until I did that.

William

And if that doesn't work try selecting an extended data base repair - hold CTRL when clicking on the DBR, if you can!?

Just a guess but I would try telling your virus scanner not to scan your Trainz content folder in real time. I had database issues until I did that.

William

And if that doesn't work try selecting an extended data base repair - hold CTRL when clicking on the DBR, if you can!?

I tried doing both a standard and an extended database repair with the antivirus turned off, but the problem still persist, with the database repair process crashing for wathever reason at 3/4 of the job done.

I'm currently packing all the add-ons i've installed on my trainz into one single huge .CDP in the case i'll have to reinstall trainz.

I tried doing both a standard and an extended database repair with the antivirus turned off, but the problem still persist, with the database repair process crashing for wathever reason at 3/4 of the job done.

I'm currently packing all the add-ons i've installed on my trainz into one single huge .CDP in the case i'll have to reinstall trainz.

Don't make it over 500MB or it won't install.

Look at the log and see what the last thing was to happen before the crash? may give you a clue as to what is causing the crash.

Probably a faulty asset in your userdata, look at the last thing you installed before the problem and try deleting it.

Look at the log and see what the last thing was to happen before the crash? may give you a clue as to what is causing the crash.

Probably a faulty asset in your userdata, look at the last thing you installed before the problem and try deleting it.

I suspected a similar thing, so i did delete all the content i've installed in the past few days, but the problem still persists somehow...

It's now giving more problems, as the CDP export process will now crash of i try to export more than two assets in a same file.

I suspected a similar thing, so i did delete all the content i've installed in the past few days, but the problem still persists somehow...

It's now giving more problems, as the CDP export process will now crash of i try to export more than two assets in a same file.

Your crash is a sign of low virtual memory. For some reason when the DBR runs or stuff is compressed and decompressed in Content Manager, the system memory gets eaten up nearly completely. The solution to that I found is to increase the size of the page file, aka the virtual memory.

The setting is based on the amount of system RAM you have. If you have 16 GB, make the page file 3-times that size or 48 GB, for example.

Once you set that value, you will need to restart your computer for the change to take affect and then you can try your DBR again.

I reported this issue back in the early days of TANE.

Back