Shortcut: A free open-source video editing program - Your opinions?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Shortcut is a video editing program like many others out there, however, it is free and is an open-source program, so it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux, and is highly rated by cnet. Before I download it to my computer, I want opinions of members of the forums if they've have any experience with it and what they think about it. Link to the website: https://www.shotcut.org/
Also, for anyone who has Nvidia GeForce Experience installed on their computer, can someone help me with using the In Game Overlay to record videos so that I can record videos without worrying about Bandicam's 10-minute limit on the free version?

Last edited:
Why yes, I use shotcut and OBS studio for all my videos and they are both must-haves! (Check my YT channel). Its completely free. If you don't want to spend lots of time learning, GeForce will be better for you. However I'd strongly recommend you use OBS studio for video recording though, as its free, open-source, and fully customizable.

hIotfOUz_o.png

Qb2EZWoY_t.png
eQDug9Je_t.png
9Ly52MOh_t.png

3UVDrFUl_o.png

Shotcut is a good simple video editor. It also runs on pretty low end computers too.

I use it for simple projects that I need done quickly.

William

Back