Free 12 day invite fails after 1 day

Just asking some fellow programmer to test on their PC would have revealed the issue. I put this one at the feet of management who should have at least some procedural control over changes. ALL OF THEM. A good marketing person would now look at the number of reported faults. Then extrapolated that by a "gut" factor to have a number of possible lost, new customers. Show the programming manager the hidden impact of a "simple mistake".

Hello,
Kindly - My job is maintaining websites and mail lists/mailings. Every day there are specials based on date/time/hour and other factors. New items that go live at certain times. etc etc. On any given day I may do dozens of new links, new pages with time and date, etc. etc. I am not perfect. I have made mistakes even when proofing something over and over. If you focus on double checking the sale expiration date then you get "todays date" wrong. Focus on the month and day and out of 250 times you may overlook the year. We have no idea what is happening at N3V. We have no idea what the person was going through when the mail was setup. I just went through 3 weeks of Covid and I continued to work though I should have been in bed. Did I make any mistakes? I'm sure someone will let me know. People are good at that.

Yeah! It was a bit of a school boy error, but it could have easily been avoided with a bit of in-house testing, but how often have you seen these errors before?
They should at the very least test all new installations, to see that they will at least load.
And no releases on Friday's and at the start of the holidays either.

Back