Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free 12 day invite fails after 1 day

Just to present the "other" side of things as info. I've been a Gold/Plus member since Gold became available and I've never had an account problem at all. (And really, no problems. Things always work.) Gold and TRS19 Plus has worked for me every launch. That includes a normal "plus" install and also a "beta" install.

Sadly, of course, this does not help those whose Gold is not working (whether trial or paid) but I just wanted you to know that once the issue is sorted out (whatever it is) you MAY go a long time with no problems. (At least, that's my experience.) But I do agree, offering a free trial and having issues is not good. Obviously something is not set properly for these trial accounts. That's a real shame.
    Greg
    TRS19 gold/plus - SP2, Plus-111951, Plus Beta-112778
    WIN10 GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    - also OSX installs: iMac, MBP

Oops. We've identified the fault (it was human error providing you with a 14 hour free trial not 14 days). We have reactivated everyone's access and you've got 14 days from now.

Please accept our apologies for the mistake.
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; December 12th, 2020 at 06:27 PM.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    Oops. We've identified the fault (it was human error providing you with a 14 hour free trial not 14 days). We have reactivated everyone's access and you've got 14 days from now.

Please accept our apologies for the mistake.
    Tony, I accept that people make mistakes, but in this case, when you're trying to convince people who may be skeptics, check it once, check it twice, and once more for luck.

Unless it was intended as a free trial for Trainz support, in which case, I apologise.

Cool ...and a reply

QUOTE:

Hi

We're really really sorry, but we may have messed up your free trial. (Depending when you claimed your trial you may not have been affected).

It appears the trial was set to 14 Hours rather than 14 Days, and therefore you may have had trouble either patching or accessing the game.

We've now rectified this issue and extended your trial.

INSTALLING:
    If you had a problem installing, ensure that after entering your username and password, you choose "Trainz Plus" stream (not TRS19).

AUTHORISING:
    Your account should now be correctly authorised.

Once again we'd like to apologize if this affected you and hope that you can now enjoy all that Trainz Plus has to offer.

Regards

Trainz Team

---- Just re-installing now! Hurrah!

still unable to install

United States of America, Pennsylvania, Murrysville

Just asking some fellow programmer to test on their PC would have revealed the issue. I put this one at the feet of management who should have at least some procedural control over changes. ALL OF THEM. A good marketing person would now look at the number of reported faults. Then extrapolated that by a "gut" factor to have a number of possible lost, new customers. Show the programming manager the hidden impact of a "simple mistake".
    Dick near Pittsburgh, Pa. i5-2500K 4.2ghz, 8gb memory, GTX1060 3gb video card. 111951

Hello,
    Kindly - My job is maintaining websites and mail lists/mailings. Every day there are specials based on date/time/hour and other factors. New items that go live at certain times. etc etc. On any given day I may do dozens of new links, new pages with time and date, etc. etc. I am not perfect. I have made mistakes even when proofing something over and over. If you focus on double checking the sale expiration date then you get "todays date" wrong. Focus on the month and day and out of 250 times you may overlook the year. We have no idea what is happening at N3V. We have no idea what the person was going through when the mail was setup. I just went through 3 weeks of Covid and I continued to work though I should have been in bed. Did I make any mistakes? I'm sure someone will let me know. People are good at that.
    Greg
    TRS19 gold/plus - SP2, Plus-111951, Plus Beta-112778
    WIN10 GTX 1060-6 Windforce
    - also OSX installs: iMac, MBP

United Kingdom, South Yorkshire, Sheffield

Yeah! It was a bit of a school boy error, but it could have easily been avoided with a bit of in-house testing, but how often have you seen these errors before?
    They should at the very least test all new installations, to see that they will at least load.
    And no releases on Friday's and at the start of the holidays either.
    Best Wishes ____
    Jonathan________