Free 12 day invite fails after 1 day

ordessa

So got invited to try Train RS2019 as an email.
Installed and worked yesterday - no password changes no tweaks - just went to start day 2 of "training" (pun intended!)

Internet tab shows "Mytrainz" login succeed
I have 12 days left of the First class ticket

But when I launch it, it says "unable to authorise this product.Click ok then enter your MyTrainz username and password.
So check again - checked login - logged out - logged in same
Rebooted - same
Changed to nameX (failed login) - restarted updated name - logged in OK - same "unable...."

Ports check out... As an ex MS engineer I'm at my wits end to work out whats going on..so as a trial...its failed
Any ideas?? If Im being a muppet fine...but I cant fathom it

Help gratefully received!
Steve

Well if you look at your name you clearly see no Trainz version beside it, which means you're not registered here which means no DLS access either. I suggest you contact the help desk which you'll find at the top of this page (and ever page), 2nd to last item just before "Trainz Store."

So got invited to try Train RS2019 as an email.
Installed and worked yesterday - no password changes no tweaks - just went to start day 2 of "training" (pun intended!)

Internet tab shows "Mytrainz" login succeed
I have 12 days left of the First class ticket

But when I launch it, it says "unable to authorise this product.Click ok then enter your MyTrainz username and password.
So check again - checked login - logged out - logged in same
Rebooted - same
Changed to nameX (failed login) - restarted updated name - logged in OK - same "unable...."

Ports check out... As an ex MS engineer I'm at my wits end to work out whats going on..so as a trial...its failed
Any ideas?? If Im being a muppet fine...but I cant fathom it

Help gratefully received!
Steve

N3V probably cocked it up again. My Gold membership isn't functioning correctly either.

You more than likely haven't done anything wrong.

Same malfunction here, I am sorry to report. I downloaded and successfully installed the free TS2019 Plus trial yesterday, and ran a few Niddertalbahn sessions.

Wanted to take another look today, but no cigar.

When I click "Start Trainz" on the Launcher, I get an error message, "Unable to authorise this product. Please click OK then enter your MyTrainz username and password."

OK. But:

The "Internet" tab in Trainz Settings displays my Username and Password, below which it says: "MyTrainz login succeeded, username and password are correct."

The First Class Ticket status correctly says: 13 days left.

For now, it's back to TANE, which starts without any problems.

Same thing has happened to me, so probably an issue with Trainz not us. Generally not impressed, thought I would try out Trainz after many years with Train Simulator, but it seems I'll be sticking with Train Simulator. Well done N3V and goodbye!

Probably a server glitch, if it hasn't sorted itself out by this evening, I'd suggest using the help desk, think that should work on your forum login details.

Trouble Shooter, then select other and other until you get to ticket submission, quicker than going through the myriad of options!

I've been hearing all over the place that the free trial is failing, and existing users are having some problems.
Best thing I can suggest is putting a ticket in at the helpdesk so they can sort out all this DRM issues https://support.trainzportal.com/
Since its the weekend, NA people should hear back on Sunday night, and rest Monday / Tuesday.

Cheers

I can understand your frustration Ordessa. Microsoft has driven me away from a lot of its products for inability to figure them out (can't get mail to work, so use Thunderbird), or frustrating features (Can't back up OneNote or keep it on a local drive, can't store Edge favorites in a way that is sortable, can't even see scroll buttons any more for the light gray on white). And trying to post in a Windows or Microsoft forum generally yields wrong answers by Microsoft employees that mark their own answers as right even though there are a long string of posters saying it isn't.....

I can understand your frustration Ordessa. Microsoft has driven me away from a lot of its products for inability to figure them out (can't get mail to work, so use Thunderbird), or frustrating features (Can't back up OneNote or keep it on a local drive, can't store Edge favorites in a way that is sortable, can't even see scroll buttons any more for the light gray on white). And trying to post in a Windows or Microsoft forum generally yields wrong answers by Microsoft employees that mark their own answers as right even though there are a long string of posters saying it isn't.....

Suggestion re Win10 annoyances, try Ten Forums, I'm a member there and it's the best place for anything relating to windows 10, plus you can get the info on the latest updates from Microsoft and what they might break, before downloading them and there are an extremely large number of tutorials. It is not related in anyway to Microsoft. https://www.tenforums.com/

I can confirm that at least two german users also have those issues. I'm sure there are more, but about those I know.

Well I thought after all this time away from the game that it just might have improved, but I guess I should have known better,
I went for the 14-day trial and today no access like the rest of you guys. But after trying to play it yesterday it jerked around so much I thought my monitor was going to fall off the table.
So for now I think I shall pass and stay with Farming Simulator 19.
It's a Shame.

I'm sure the N3V-guys will find a quick solution. Maybe the'll add 2-3 further days to the trial because of this ;) Or maybe expand it until the end of the year :hehe:

T +2 - well I''l let them try! Im not alone!

I'm sure the N3V-guys will find a quick solution. Maybe the'll add 2-3 further days to the trial because of this ;) Or maybe expand it until the end of the year :hehe:

well at least I am not the only one!
I even uninstalled... re downloaded and it now says "no products to patch"

pretty sh*t at the moment... hardly a good move

I have MSTS years ago.. at least that worked! and I even have a name in one of the add-on packs from Rail sim (WSR pack UK) and my son has an activity associated with him!

Deeply disappointing.. but I'll give them a chance...!

Steve

well at least I am not the only one!
I even uninstalled... re downloaded and it now says "no products to patch"

pretty sh*t at the moment... hardly a good move

I have MSTS years ago.. at least that worked! and I even have a name in one of the add-on packs from Rail sim (WSR pack UK) and my son has an activity associated with him!

Deeply disappointing.. but I'll give them a chance...!

Steve

Hi Steve. I did the exact same thing with the exact same results.... I was thinking of upgrading to a Gold membership, but not so sure now. As a Silver member, maybe a free month of Gold to see if the upgrade is worth it??? ;)

Pat

Just to present the "other" side of things as info. I've been a Gold/Plus member since Gold became available and I've never had an account problem at all. (And really, no problems. Things always work.) Gold and TRS19 Plus has worked for me every launch. That includes a normal "plus" install and also a "beta" install.

Sadly, of course, this does not help those whose Gold is not working (whether trial or paid) but I just wanted you to know that once the issue is sorted out (whatever it is) you MAY go a long time with no problems. (At least, that's my experience.) But I do agree, offering a free trial and having issues is not good. Obviously something is not set properly for these trial accounts. That's a real shame.

Oops. We've identified the fault (it was human error providing you with a 14 hour free trial not 14 days). We have reactivated everyone's access and you've got 14 days from now.

Please accept our apologies for the mistake.

Last edited:
Oops. We've identified the fault (it was human error providing you with a 14 hour free trial not 14 days). We have reactivated everyone's access and you've got 14 days from now.

Please accept our apologies for the mistake.

Tony, I accept that people make mistakes, but in this case, when you're trying to convince people who may be skeptics, check it once, check it twice, and once more for luck.

Unless it was intended as a free trial for Trainz support, in which case, I apologise.

...and a reply

QUOTE:

Hi

We're really really sorry, but we may have messed up your free trial. (Depending when you claimed your trial you may not have been affected).

It appears the trial was set to 14 Hours rather than 14 Days, and therefore you may have had trouble either patching or accessing the game.

We've now rectified this issue and extended your trial.

INSTALLING:
If you had a problem installing, ensure that after entering your username and password, you choose "Trainz Plus" stream (not TRS19).

AUTHORISING:
Your account should now be correctly authorised.

Once again we'd like to apologize if this affected you and hope that you can now enjoy all that Trainz Plus has to offer.

Regards

Trainz Team

---- Just re-installing now! Hurrah!

Back