How many of us are still using TANE ?

Rightyooooo then....
Hi, thanks for asking.
Gawking about TS2019 stuff and, yeah ok then.
I spat the dummy regarding subs & 'cause I was always a tin buyer.
The full tin.... and nothin but the tin. IF ya know what Im sayin ^^? 2019 - There's no tin - right? :':)confused: :hehe:
So Platinums looking real good right about now.
I'm fortunate enough to have built a custom thermonuclear rig for my biz so, after all these years It's gonna be good to give Trainz a thorough throttling n get that bling goin on.
Two things - 64bit and Tane-ability tells me this will be the cheapest, (by a long shot), Trainz I've ever forked for and basic custom content should be pretty straightforward.
+ I should get me Duchess and my TANE routes, (from way back to Trainz 1), should be rockin & rolling as in TANE.
A few compatibility fix ups is ok if I need to - that's fine.
I'll comment on how it all went.
CheerZ!

Purchase went reasonably well, managed to get 2 dlds going because I hadn't seen the TS19Platinum DLD page. (just read the link hover-text and clicked twice/hidden on 2nd monitor).
I didn't see an anonymous purchase option and was a bit surprised at handing over so much personal data in 2020. Been here a long time tho.
Everythang was in USD lol. So my super dooper price just turned out to be super :)
Was able to apply a $10 discount from points which totally made up for my USD misunderstanding/blunder.
Just had a look and holy belchin F7's batman-:confused:-PERSON!.. the file is only 8.9gb in size! (My TANE is 15gb+), so that's cool.
Couldn't find serial number but entered online user data and the game started.
Quick Highlands session and tweaking performance. I had fun and it was reasonably easy.
Graphics area great improvement. Haven't gone surveying yet or imported old routes or DLC items.
Tbc.

Last edited:
I have both TANE And TRS19, prefer TANE but mostly use TRS19 for 2 reasons. First my iPortal group uses TRS19 and second there are some assets that are only TRS19 that I want. As for TRS19 I do not like it and prefer TANE. If TANE wasn't so broken I would use it more and I do not feel like removing it and reinstall up to SP3.

All my development of rules and driver commands is in TRS19. I only run TANE for routes that I have downloaded and require it. If they will run in 19, I do that.

I'm sticking with my DRM-free TANE SP3 until N3V comes out with a DRM-free version of 19 or higher.

--Lamont

T:ANE is my go to Trainz platform whilst I'm still getting to grips with TRS19. The T:ANE user interface is bad but the TRS19 user interface is abysmal, so arcane, and TRS19 environment controls are still a black art to me!

Many creators are now producing assets for TRS19 only, the sooner N3V make TRS19 a lot more user friendly then all the better, in my humble opinion.

Rob.

Still use. I refuse to buy TRS19 unless it's offered on physical format, as my internet connection is poor.

I stopped using TANE after three months only been back here twice this is the second time to see if things have changed, but it looks like a lost cause, the players and the game designers are still worlds apart.

I route and content build in TANE mostly because the creators I work with are TANE only plus it maximises the amount of users that could use it should I release a route . I have the platinum version of 2019 in which I use it for operating/testing routes and for taking screenshots . TANE is a very stable platform on which to work as opposed to 2019 which has been unstable over the last few months randomly crashing to desktop on a fairly regular basis (Content kept up to date , no faulty items , regular database rebuilds , PC specs good etc.) , though a few recent content updates seems to have cured that problem (fingers crossed) .

I still have TS12 installed and I kind of use it as a database for older assets I have collected over the years. I have Tane sp4 installed and am just in the process of reinstalling it due to some issues involving crasshing back to desktop and then not completeing database repairs so I had no option I have TS19 installed but I hate it and its interface. So I will stick with Tane SP4 until things improve.

Last edited:
DRM free sp4 TANE is out.

Cheerio John
What d you mean DRM free is out? I have it and use everyday. Build 105946. Tried the DRM version, build 105766, but I run into problems, so is there just as a back-up. On 19, just read my #9 above...

Somehow I find it odd that my T:ANE is 105766 and my 2019 is 105100. It seems like different products should have different build series. I feel like my 2019 is behind my T:ANE....

Somehow I find it odd that my T:ANE is 105766 and my 2019 is 105100. It seems like different products should have different build series. I feel like my 2019 is behind my T:ANE....

The build number is automatically generated by the compiler every time a new code compilation "build" is produced, the vast majority of which will never be seen outside of the development team or ever become beta versions. TANE has been around a great deal longer than TRS19 so it has had many more such builds.

Thanks John my current version is 105766 how do I get the new version please?
Thank you

From memory settings install and check for updates. Have a peep in the wiki about which stream to check for updates. On reinstall I seem to recall having to get there by installing each update to get to the next SP level one at a time.

Cheerio John

Thanks John my current version is 105766 how do I get the new version please?
Thank you

@steviez - Warning: Be very sure that you have a complete backup of SP3 build 94829 and its userdata before upgrading to SP4.

Once you save any route or session in SP4 then it will no longer load in SP3. SP4 might prove to be disappointing to you.

Cheers - Trevor

@steviez - Warning: Be very sure that you have a complete backup of SP3 build 94829 and its userdata before upgrading to SP4.

Once you save any route or session in SP4 then it will no longer load in SP3. SP4 might prove to be disappointing to you.

Cheers - Trevor

yep ,no going back if you don't like it unless you have your own backup. also your routes made in sp4 are not backward compatible with sp3 either.

I keep a (regularly-updated but never used) copy of T:ANE SP4 on my F: drive now for nostalgia reasons only: - T:ANE was that wonderful 64-bit transformation of Trainz that seemed to be in beta forever and never fully completed.
It's there still mainly 'cos sirgibby is bringing Murchison 3 to T:ANE first and not TRS19. (Murchison 2 is the only reason that TS12 still occupies disk space on one of my hard disk drives).
Apart from the fact that you can turn off ALL of the unwanted postprocessing effects in T:ANE, TRS19 does everything that T:ANE does - better; with greater efficiency; performance and facility.
It looks better and runs more smoothly on the same platform specs - and importantly - receives more frequent bug fixes and continuous-improvement enhancements from the developers.
I dearly loved my hard-won and relatively expensive Kickstarter 'Trainz: A New Era' builds for many years, but the latest TRS19 - Platinum Edition build is vastly superior in almost every respect, and its Surveyor mode a much better platform for route and session development.

I keep a (regularly-updated but never used) copy of T:ANE SP4 on my F: drive now for nostalgia reasons only: - T:ANE was that wonderful 64-bit transformation of Trainz that seemed to be in beta forever and never fully completed.
It's there still mainly 'cos sirgibby is bringing Murchison 3 to T:ANE first and not TRS19. (Murchison 2 is the only reason that TS12 still occupies disk space on one of my hard disk drives).
Apart from the fact that you can turn off ALL of the unwanted postprocessing effects in T:ANE, TRS19 does everything that T:ANE does - better; with greater efficiency; performance and facility.
It looks better and runs more smoothly on the same platform specs - and importantly - receives more frequent bug fixes and continuous-improvement enhancements from the developers.
I dearly loved my hard-won and relatively expensive Kickstarter 'Trainz: A New Era' builds for many years, but the latest TRS19 - Platinum Edition build is vastly superior in almost every respect, and its Surveyor mode a much better platform for route and session development.

I generally respect your views, but on this occasion i have to disagree , given it screws up many of the trees that have been made pre 2019, I see that as a major issue. I was looking at a 2019 route today and the speedtrees on it are so darned cartoonlike , the trunks are quite convincing, but the leaves are incredibly badly done, way too big . Since NV3 have stated they aren't doing anything to provide better vegetation in 2019 and nobody seems to be creating any for 2019 , I cant see myself moving to it. I just cant agree that surveyor is improved either and as for its interface and background music , its utterly vile. Given that Horace Fithers , who was one of the most promising route builders in years , jumped ship because of its persistent problems , I don't think its all as rosy as you paint it to be.

Back