TRS19 SP2 Beta 110218 (PC) now available

Tony_Hilliam

Trainz Plus - enjoy Trainz from just 20 cents a da
We've release a beta update for TRS19 and Platinum Edition users (PC Only at this stage).

The patch is from TRS19 SP2 Beta 109641 to TRS19 SP2 Beta 110218 and is available on the "TRS19 Beta" and the "TRS19 Platinum Edition Beta" streams.

(There is no update for Trainz Plus users at this time).

This build includes a number of fixes from the last round of beta testing.

(The next update will include fixes to a number of builtin routes and sessions, as well as an early Christmas present with a range of ~150 new scenery assets and a new "Main Menu" route).

As usual, if you discover any bugs it is vital that you submit a Trainz Bug Report (otherwise the problem is most likely going to appear in the official release). So thanks for your support in helping us identify any new issues.

Known Issues:
Multiplayer is missing the Session Info toggle
There are still some issues with digholes we're working on in our built-in routes (doesn't affect other routes as far as we can tell).

Last edited:
Downloading now. 21Mb patch. Took only a few seconds. Now running.

So far everything seems normal, no CTDs or freezes (always a good sign when they are not present). Loading and moving around my favourite route now.

After a brief test run using manual and AI control, all seems well.

Last edited:
Download was swift and initial database repair took all of 20 seconds.
All my settings preferences were retained and key sessions performed as expected - and better after using the 'prebuild' command in TrainzUtil.
Will check out some of the new 'fixes' (that I am aware of at least). Perhaps Tony_Hilliam could point us to a changelist for this beta when time allows?
This Platinum build is now installed on a new 1Tb SSD I added over the weekend - a faster one than my previous Samsung 850 EVO - so I'm keen to run some performance tests on this (and the new CPU cooler) especially since TRS19 is one of the most demanding programs I run these day. .

Confused as to the "core" difference between Platinum and my current Plus 109641 (beta stream). Does this beta bring Platinum up to an "equivalent" 109641? Merely trying to "keep up" with things and understand the products.

Tony, I have Gold/Plus. I have a "Plus" install a (Plus update stream) and a Plus "beta stream" install. What would I see if I created a 3rd install using "Plus Edition" core install but used the "TRS 19 Platinum Edition Beta" update stream?

I have platinum and gold/plus at 109641. I just changed the stream to TRS19 platinum edition beta and it updated to 110218.

Last edited:
I have platinum and gold/plus at 109641. I just changed the stream to TRS19 platinum edition beta and it updated to 110218.

Interesting. But I'm lost. I don't know what "edition" has what features any more. I thought Platinum and Plus were the same core but plus got you the quarterly plus updates (regular stream) and beta gave you all the beta's.

So now I don't know if I should be running Plus beta stream or Platinum beta stream nor what the difference is. Whatever...

Confused as to the "core" difference between Platinum and my current Plus 109641 (beta stream). Does this beta bring Platinum up to an "equivalent" 109641? Merely trying to "keep up" with things and understand the products.

The update brought my TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (RC/beta) from build 109641 to 110218. It is still TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (RC/beta). PE and Plus both share the same core code and (initially at least) the same build number. Plus will probably get a new build number when the next quarterly update (or beta) is released.

The update brought my TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (RC/beta) from build 109641 to 110218. It is still TRS19 Platinum Edition SP2 (RC/beta). PE and Plus both share the same core code and (initially at least) the same build number. Plus will probably get a new build number when the next quarterly update (or beta) is released.

I understand that - that's been my understanding. But if the both share the same core code why is there a new Plat beta but not a new Plus beta of the same build? The fact that a beta is available for Platinum but not Plus indicates that the core is now not the same for the two.

That's fine. I may be ready to give up on the beta and all anyway. But after this, I wouldn't not know whether to go with Plus or Platinum. I thought I knew, but evidently not.

As a Gold/Plus member I have one TRS19 download available: TRAINZ PLUS - and, once installed, it has a Platinum beta stream (and many others) with the new beta (as you yourself has proved) but there is not a new Plus beta. Just doesn't make sense if they are the same core. My head is spinning.

Again, I stress I'm not complaining. Merely trying to understand. It's to the point where you can't help people or even know what you've got running.

Yes, it can be confusing but I can also understand why this was done - to reduce the number of different builds that have to be managed. Where this probably falls down is the quarterly new code releases for Trainz Plus which would need new build numbers anyway. I think that the solution is to state not just the code build number but the product name (PE or Plus) as well.

(The next update will include fixes to a number of builtin routes and sessions, as well as an early Christmas present with a range of ~150 new scenery assets and a new "Main Menu" route).

Now this sounds interesting - can't wait to see these new toyz

Cheers

109037 -> 110218 => there were a lot of "sudden" missings and errors after the previous update ... i was waiting patiently and after some time they disappeared now largely ... thankz !

still wishing for a solution for :
- <kuid:661281:85004> Grass Seasonal 2 = modified, payware (not active)
- <kuid:103475:60100> Australian Flag Library = installed, newer version available, payware ... howto update ?
- 78 assets = built-in, newer version available ... howto update ?
- 454 assets = installed, obsolete, payware .. cannot be removed
- 1017 assets = built-in, obsolete .. cannot be removed
- select-a-route menu : red "flag" with exclamation mark ! : (errors were not there in 105096 ..)
in previous update (109037) there were more (22) and with other error descriptions, so i'm glad that there were several solutions in the meanwhile (also before this update) ..
at the moment still remaining : (content manager gives no reddies, but clicking on "!" ...) (see pics)
eagle county - crystal lake shore line <kuid:605579:100546> hiawathamr = :
- a lot of ".. corrupted files in payware asset .." ...
- a lot of ".. *.texture.txt are missing .." - could not fix with assetx, because of payware ..
- several "running number font" could not be found ..
- and a lot more : to much to "code" here ...
garden railway <kuid:166065:105760> euromodeller =
- building : lod0.fbx = ve258 : unable to determine vertex format ..
french 2nd network <kuid:410079:100747> pinorev =
- building : fxtext : font or font size is invalid ..
diorama - crackit <kuid:86955:101572> zsuda =
- train : texture **_albedo.tga failed to load ..
(the last error "*.tga failed to load" was in previous update a lot more in several routes / sessions, so, thankz you have fixed that already ...)

stay nice and safe ..
grtz
daveric

errors-routemenu-trs19.jpg

Daveric,

Have you tried a revert to original? That usually fixes payware assets that have issues like this. Sometimes if that doesn't work, try redownloading them again.

To update the assets, if there are updates, go to Content Manager and use the out of date filter. I setup one using Installed and Out of date to only show what I have installed. I then right-click on these assets and view asset versions, and then download anything new.

Hope this helps. If the revert to original doesn't work, you may need to run an EDR.

.. revert to original ...redownloading ... out of date filter ... EDR.
.. thank you so much, john, for responding ...
i remember those advices from you in the past and yes, it's already in my skills system ... so, i did reverting, redownloading and -installing, filtering and dbrepairing ... although extended repairing is not my favorite ...
and after all those "tricks" the errors are still there... but i'm still hoping for solutions ... one day ... some update ..
in the meantime i'm still enjoying (in all silence and tranquility) from what i have and what is working ...
have warm holydays with your family in all health ..
grtz
daveric

ps : i also did aTrainz Bug Report ...

You have great holidays/ holydays as well. Be safe in the tranquility as well. I've been Trainzing and music making a lot these days.

Great you did a bug report. Let's hope N3V guys have some good advice.

btw, 110218 is a nice build number. it's like a BR 110 is pulling a BR 218. I know it's silly - anyway .. that image is now in my head :D
Lockheed

Zsuda - Modified means you've not installed the original content which leads to the texture files missing. Delete the modified assets, download the original assets using the in-game downloader and the problems will go away.

... thankz john and tony, for your tipz ...

update :
... thankz for the qa-team for responding in a few hours ...

* loc tep60

yes, it's from third party (trainz dev team) (website temporarily closed ..)
but <kuid:361619:100182> xTEP60 Brake Hoses Library & <kuid:361619:100238> TEP60 Locomotive crew2 are installed from dls ...
- so, i deleted the 2 assets and downloaded it again via content manager : still faulty ...
- deleted again
- via chrome to dls ... became warning that ".. chrome has started removing the ability to use ftp .."
- via firefox to dls ... downloaded to my download folder ... installed it by dragging into content manager : still faulty ... also after database repairing ...
* <kuid2:83902:4625:1> BR 99 4625
".. this asset is showing as faulty and this one we can repro as such in current build, not faulty in 105096 ... a task has been submitted .."

* ".. remaining assets appear to be payware from a 3rd party site possibly .."
... yes, its marked as payware : <kuid:605579:100546> Eagle County - Crystal Lake Shore Line HT by hiawathamr .. extension kickstarter county ...
it was "automaticly" installed "suddenly" some day (25 aug 2019) without errors ..
...... and guess what happened ...... after some "start trainz" the red flag disappeared ... "suddenly" ... so, this one is solved ...

keep on trainzing ..
grtz
daveric

Last edited:
Back