Christmas Decorations

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Merry Christmas to all, well soon anyway!
So Zec released his latest gift wrapped Christmas Train, and I thought, well one should make a session to make use of it. What to do? First thing was add a flat wagon and decorate it accordingly then the passenger wagons. Immediately I ran into a problem, no Xmas decorations to speak off, and certainly none as a commodity. A nice Xmas tree in a pot would have been a start but I can't find any.

There is <kuid:524343:5753> christmas tree which could be used as scenery but arraial hasn't been around for 5 years, so I can't turn that into a commodity. Anyone know of anything useful I haven't found, mainly something I can (with permission) turn into a commodity to place on a flat wagon? Thanks again for the help as always.

Last edited:
To give you an idea of what I'm trying to come up with...

Christmas-Special-%28Session%29.jpg

So not much out there as I see. It would appear normally trees can't be turned into a commodity, and any Xmas trees are old as and the creators long gone. Found two equally old xmas light sets and I have got the decorative ball working as a commodity. However any attempt to have more than one on a flat wagon causes the second to be invisible, and 3 goes haywire and stacks them! I'll work with what I've got, and only use 1. Must check potted plants.. And although that post above isn't useful, I did see the link to a nice Canadian route (in 3 parts) but a heap of unknown assets. (all too frequent problem).

Found some salvo army xmas music, so I've adapted three songs and made it into an asset that will randomly play the sounds. Coming to a session near you, well sometime in the next week I hope. On dls in a day or so.

Christmas Tree and Music

Found some salvo army xmas music, so I've adapted three songs and made it into an asset that will randomly play the sounds. Coming to a session near you, well sometime in the next week I hope. On dls in a day or so.

Did you ever find a good Christmas Tree? I'm building a Christmas Route and would love a better tree. I'm using <kuid:524343:5753> christmas tree as it is all I can find of a proper size.
Also, I'd love to be able to include your salvation army Christmas music sound if you can share it.
Thanks,
John

Back