Is Trainz 2019 multiplayer online?

It is Internet only, no LAN. You pretty much have to make a play date with others in the Multiplayer forum to get anyone to join.

William

For MPS, which are shared routes served from N3V, you need Trainz Plus, which is the subscription version of Trianz.

With TRS19, you can host your own multiplayer sessions (like on a LAN), but not join any MPS routes.

Perhaps this post will help clarify
I'm sorry, that didn't clarify much to me. However, with your kind replies I'm able to rephrase my question. Now I know that TRS19 multiplayer happens over Internet. Which forum section should I use to coordinate my online sessions with fellow TRS19 players?

PS. Sorry for confusion, I'm pretty new to the game and its forum.

The Multiplayer forum which is below this forum.

Here are the requirements for MP in TRS19.

Routes and Sessions must be either built-in or on the DLS.

All users must have their own unique usernames which is the same as their username used by TRS19 to login.

All routes and sessions must use only assets that are either on the DLS or builtin. No third party website content allowed.

Until you get the hang of it I would start with the Multiplayer session builtin to the Kickstarter 2 route. You can edit that session and save it as a new session if you wish to customize it but remember you will need to upload the new session to the DLS before it can be played online.

William

Back