What is Wrong With TRS19 Now?

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Dumb or very long winded question, and I'm sure others have seen this problem, but search didn't elude to any posts. I now have 129 faulty items listed with the remark "missing dependencies." Only problem is for the most part there are NO missing dependencies. There is the odd item listed as Third Party that I know are not third party, like elstoko's <kuid2:368725:20390:3> NSWGR railway crossing control, double track, 12ft spacing. Too many weird things around here. :confused:

And yes done EDBR.

This asset in question appears to be listed on the DLS, but not available yet. This is a DLS issue and not your database.

Ensure you have

<kuid2:368725:20390:2> NSWGR railway crossing control, double track, 12ft spacing installed. List asset versions of the :3 version. The :2 version will show available for download. Right-click on the :2 version and choose Download this version.

Last edited:
Not sure how downloading an obsolete version will help, but giving it a try. Very minor compared to 100+ faulty assets because of missing (NOT) dependencies. Seems a total mess, but I guess situation normal really.

Not sure how downloading an obsolete version will help, but giving it a try. Very minor compared to 100+ faulty assets because of missing (NOT) dependencies. Seems a total mess, but I guess situation normal really.

It's not normal actually. This doesn't happen all too often.

Well downloading the older track crossing broke them all and any routes using them. The faulty list has grown to 151...

<kuid2:368725:20390:3> NSWGR railway crossing control, double track, 12ft spacing
This is a faulty asset with the Content Repair Group.

Once you install v2, delete the v3 asset and rebuild your db. If that doesn't fix the prob then you'll need to rename v2 to v3 and submit that, but I assume v3 was created to fix a problem with v2 (and possibly failed since it is faulty itself).

Interesting. I did an EDBR and got the faulty list down to 66. I checked the warnings for that crossing and noted it said something about unable to open mesh in <kuid:368725:49000>. I noted this was not only obsolete, but the latest is version 11! So I opened all the config files for all the related dependencies and over wrote that with <kuid2:368725:49000:11> and although that was only 4 files, it dropped the number of faulty assets to 53! Some progress then.
NOTE:- This appears to have fixed the <kuid2:368725:20390:3> NSWGR railway crossing control, double track, 12ft spacing, as I still have this version installed and shows as NOT faulty any longer.

Last edited:
From a quick read of your posts it is clear that you lack an understanding of some of the Trainz internal workings with regard to obsoletes.
When an asset is upversioned and requires a library, all parts of the updated asset must be updated and the old versions deleted where possible. (solves the 'X' not found in 'Y' error')
Run 'out of date' filter, select all and right click to select 'view asset versions', a new window will open then sort on status and download any 'available for download. This ensures that ALL out of date assets are found including built-in and payware. After all the updated assets are downloaded, make a filter 'obsolete=> AND NOT => built-in', run the filter and delete ALL obsolete assets. (usually only installed from DLS and modified)
In the current beta, I had a large number of 'missing dependencies', which I fixed by clicking on the routes CM icon in the route list in-game and downloading anything 'available for download'.
Some regular maintenence of your database is needed to keep trainz running well and minimise problems.
Please don't blame N3V or the Trainz software when things don't go right for you, explain your problem and ask for a solution is always the best way to get the right answer.
Sometimes our expectaions don't match the software's capabilities, but, most times the error is between the chair and keyboard.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Hm. I've previously gone through and deleted obsolete items, but you can't delete those that are built in. There is no such filter as "out of date", so that's no help. Perhaps you mean "obsolete"? There are 14 I can and will now delete that have crept in somewhere. Which has reduced faulty to 50 (2 less). (There were none that needed an update to be downloaded, already installed). As for newer versions there are only 5 I need to download, which I'm doing right now. So, most of the maintenance I've already done, I'll see how these few fixes affect it.

There IS an 'out of date' filter in CM, hit the down arrow next to 'installed'. . If for some reason you can't find it, maybe make one yourself and save it. "installed =>out of date => AND NOT => obsolete." You're correct it is not a default filter, just loaded a new install. It must have been the first filter I saved.
I run 'out of date' and delete obsoletes weekly followed by a DBR. The only time I have run into a hiccup with that, is where I downloaded an updated asset but the library asset was still processing. A day later and it was all good.
Graeme

Last edited:
Built-in asssets can't be deleted, but they can be disabled. Disable/Enable is only available from the content menu, not from the right click menu.

Peter

Built-in asssets can't be deleted, but they can be disabled. Disable/Enable is only available from the content menu, not from the right click menu.

Peter
You are correct in saying built-ins can't be deleted, however disabling an obsolete built-in asset is redundant due to the way built-ins and payware are handled. It also has the potential to cause false missing assets in payware, as the original asset is no longer available..
Graeme

"There IS an 'out of date' filter in CM, hit the down arrow next to 'installed' "
It would appear you are correct, what would have helped is if you'd said 'select installed, then select the arrow to the LEFT of installed.' (There is also one to the right). I only say that encase anyone else is wondering how to find it. Between a zillion projects I've whittled the faulty items down to 40. Often, if it says missing dependencies and there aren't any, if I select show errors, it only has warnings, and reading that clears the error warning! Go figure, but don't try too hard, you'll get a headache. Plodding along...

If you investigate those further, you may find a versioning issue or something like that. It may also be a good idea to select all of those faulties and revert to original and just to be certain select all of your assets showing as "modified" in CM and "revert to original". Some payware and built-in items may have changed their status automagically and will cause issues with Multi Player Surveyor and potentially cause other issues. Preemptive maintenence so to speak. My other way to clear faulty assets is to right click and select "show dependants", if there are no dependant assets - ie. assets that need it so they are complete - I generally just delete it and move on, hopefully finding an alternative on the DLS. Search filters in CM and Surveyor are really helpful both for maintaining your database and keeping payware and built-ins out of your route and session creations.
cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
Back