Updating Payware assets with images2tga

I have recently purchased TRS2019 and have been updating various assets transferred from T:ANE. However I have not been able to update any Payware assets using PEVsofts images2tga program. All of these assets have been created with im and texture files which apparently cannot be used in TRS2019. I am sure other people must have come across this problem, so there is no doubt a thread on the subject somewhere. Can anybody let me know where or more importantly if there is a solution.

Thanks

Tony Howard

I have recently purchased TRS2019 and have been updating various assets transferred from T:ANE. However I have not been able to update any Payware assets using PEVsofts images2tga program. All of these assets have been created with im and texture files which apparently cannot be used in TRS2019. I am sure other people must have come across this problem, so there is no doubt a thread on the subject somewhere. Can anybody let me know where or more importantly if there is a solution.

Thanks

Tony Howard

assets with .im files and texture files work fine in my copy of TS19.

Cheerio John

Thanks for the info clam1952. How can you download payware assets ? I deleted one of the faulty ones, hoping to reload it but it has now disappeared from the DLS. I never paid for any of these assets that have been in my systems for years and worked OK in T:ANE and before. I have looked at the link to your thread and it mentions content should be downloaded via an in-game Asset Download window.What is that and how do you access it ?

Thanks

Tony

The first thing to try would be to download the DLC assets from TANE that are used in TRS19.

1. From the TRS19 Launcher select Content Store.
  2. Type TANE into the search box at the top right of the window
  3. One of the DLC packages shown should be "Additional TANE assets for TRS19" which should have an Install button next to it.
  4. Click Install.

Thanks pware for that info. I have executed those instructions and now a number of assets have corrected themselves. However there are still a fair number of payware assets that are still faulty (ie missing txt.texture files). Any further thoughts ?

Thanks

Tony

Thanks pware for that info. I have executed those instructions and now a number of assets have corrected themselves. However there are still a fair number of payware assets that are still faulty (ie missing txt.texture files). Any further thoughts ?

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony,

Highlight and revert to original. That should fix the problem.

Already tried reverting to original. No joy. Anything else ?

Examples of problem assets:-
Road freeway tunnel <kuid2:82412:804129:1>
Viaduct grey stone <kuid2:99333:38186:3>

Tony

I have subsequently discovered that to correct the offending assets it appears that you have to download any route that is a dependant on that asset. Why this should be so is beyond me but there you are !

Thanks to those who replied.

Tony

Back