Cab Mode reverts to DCC Mode

pepperref

I have recently starting enjoying Cab Mode control on the Coal Country route. Dealing with the grades offer a whole new experience to this route.

I noticed that sometimes locos, in Cab Mode, start operating like DCC Mode after coming back to a session.

What I mean is that after notching up the throttle in Cab Mode and then returning the throttle to Idle, the loco 'coasts' for a while until braking is applied. However, once in a while in Cab Mode, after I notch down the throttle to Idle the loco comes to a halt, exactly like DCC mode would. I delete the loco and add a 'new' version of the same loco to the route and it behaves in Cab Mode as expected. It seems to happen randomly.

I did a search but couldn't come up with anything relevant. Is this something anyone else has experienced?

Thanks in advance.

Hank

Nevermind, I think I found the answer. I could hear brake squeel while operating the locos, even though no brakes were applied. It wasn't operating like DCC, it was operating with brakes applied. I cycled through the 3 brake options from 0% to 100% and back to 0%, and the loco operated as expected. I guess there is some kind of situation that causes brakes to be applied even though it is not shown on the HUD. Annoying but easier to deal with than my original work around.

Last edited:
Hank --

I'm assuming you are using TRS19? If so, in the HUD bottom left amongst all the information displayed is one that shows the brake cylinder pressure. If it's zero or close to zero the brakes are off.

I have found that sometimes the brakes do fail to release fully. A full application and release of both the train and independent brakes usually clears this problem.

Phil

Back