My layout won't copy to second PC

Orpheus2000

I have a successful TRS19 installation, route and session on my desktop PC (Win 10). I recently bought a Surface Pro 7 laptop and today I thought I would try TRS19 on it.

I installed TRS19, then copied my route and session, via CDP files, to the laptop. The laptop CM shows that the route & session have missing dependencies.

I had assumed both content managers (desktop and laptop) would contain exactly the same data, so I couldn't think why there would be missing dependencies on the copy.

I ran an extended database repair, but it made no difference.

There is, it seems, an unknown asset - kuid:-1:100614 - getting in the way. This asset does not appear as a dependency in the desktop version anyway, so I am puzzled.

For what it's worth both PCs have the same version and build of Windows 10.

I don't know where to go from here.:(

I have a successful TRS19 installation, route and session on my desktop PC (Win 10). I recently bought a Surface Pro 7 laptop and today I thought I would try TRS19 on it.

I installed TRS19, then copied my route and session, via CDP files, to the laptop. The laptop CM shows that the route & session have missing dependencies.

I had assumed both content managers (desktop and laptop) would contain exactly the same data, so I couldn't think why there would be missing dependencies on the copy.

There is, it seems, an unknown asset - kuid:-1:100614 - getting in the way. This asset does not appear as a dependency in the desktop version anyway, so I am puzzled.

Give up. The surface Pro 7 uses Intel integrated graphics use Belarc to find out which one. The new 11th gen CPU due out 1st January might just cut it. Other than that you can try Middeleton for Laptops.
Use https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php and look at your two GPUs. I expect the score will be quite different. Basically 3,000 is just about the minimum score you need, 6,000 has fewer problems and 10,000 would be about the lower end of what most would consider reasonable. I expect the surface pro 7 to score about 600.

Cheerio John

Thanks, John. That clears up the problem, which was in the realm of "might be interesting" rather than "must have".

Cheers

Alan

I looked it up in TANE and this is what it is now. <kuid:-25:769> Road 2L No Carz 02
This is what it is in TRS19 <kuid:-25:1308> Road 2L No Carz 02

Both show your kuid as an unknown asset in the version history.
<kuid:-1:100614>

Just looking at the content manager in TRS19, it looks like the system should know to use the Built-in one when loading a CDP file, maybe report it as a bug and reference this forum post

KUIDnotUpdating.png

Give up. The surface Pro 7 uses Intel integrated graphics use Belarc to find out which one. The new 11th gen CPU due out 1st January might just cut it. Other than that you can try Middeleton for Laptops.
Use https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php and look at your two GPUs. I expect the score will be quite different. Basically 3,000 is just about the minimum score you need, 6,000 has fewer problems and 10,000 would be about the lower end of what most would consider reasonable. I expect the surface pro 7 to score about 600.

Cheerio John

John, did you post this to the wrong thread?

Out of curiosity I visited that link to see how my video card scored. They haven't heard of nVidia Geforce at all!?

The hardware being one issue, yeah that might not work well, but the other issue regarding missing dependencies is something that has come up before. I was told it's not an issue.

I recommend running a delete missing assets on the route copied in and see if that works. That may remove the missing dependency from the route.

Thanks to everyone for the help on this.

Cheers

Back