To Update, or Not.

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
Note, not my creation.

The <kuid2:45203:100788:1> Pubsound was created by Wiley4 and is a typical if noisy, Australian pub sound. When I was transferring a route over to TRS19 it became faulty and is only Build 1.3. I edited the config file and got it to Build 3.5, before I realised that re-downloading it directly into TRS19 rather than using a CDP from Tane, solved that problem. I thought it a good idea to have the updated version on the DLS but noted wiley4 hasn't been here in 5 years and the email sent 5 months ago has gone unanswered. The information with the asset merely says "This is a soundfile of an Aussie Pub in full swing :)"

Does anyone think it wrong to upload the updated version to the DLS, noting I'd credit him with the original item?

You can’t upload something to the DLS under the kuid from somebody else. It’s a pointless exercise anyway as if you don’t mess the the asset it won’t be faulty. Why did you update the build number?

Paul

It would obviously be under my kuid, and I updated the build number as they do not allow anything under 3.5 to be uploaded, which also required the layout of the config file to be compatible with Build 3.5 This would also allow it to be useful longer, as in into higher build numbers given these are up to at least 4.6 now.

That asset is built-in to TRS19 and isn't faulty in that version so you probably didn't need to do anything.

Sounds like a Queensland pub to me. ;)

Hi Alikiwi
You would absolutely need permission from the original creator to upload an edited/updated version of an asset. If you cannot get permission from them (ie cannot contact them), then you cannot upload the modified/updated asset.

Regards

Oddly not built-in on my TRS19, but if it works and clearly I can't get an answer from Wiley 4, I'll give it a miss. Thanks for the replies.

Even odder, I have build 105096, and I had to download it. May have come via a route I don't have?

I also have 105096 and it is built in there. It should be part of <kuid2:154322:101483:23> ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh. which is one of the free downloads.
It is also present in Platinum (105100)

Back