Problems with TurfFX

Alikiwi

Apprentice Creator
More fishy things going on and obviously TRS19 (SP1). Updating my Bathurst route to TRS19, adding PBR - carefully, as under splines you have problems if non PBR textures are present, and adding TurfFX and deleting grass splines.....
I have discovered that any TurfFX laid yesterday will vanish if I get near it with TurfFX today!! Seriously what is going on here? I've also noted you have to do this slowly, or you may not be laying any plus it's difficult to see where you've laid it, unless you get down on your knees and look from ground level. Solution, use wireframe mode and you can now clearly see where and if you've actually laid any. This showed I'd missed quite a bit but as I started fixing this I repeatedly saw areas ahead where I had laid it, but as I got near it to lay more, whole areas previously done, vanished. Time for a EDBR but I doubt it'll help. Anyone else struck this?

Alikiwi - when configuring TurfFX at one of the options you may get a yellow or red highlight warning you that if you continue with the the selections you have inputted you may lose some or all existing installed TurfFX. You may have to reconfigure your parameters. Check it out. Hope this was some help.

Thank you John. Your setups should help a lot of members. The last three setups are what I was referring to in my post.

Well I am familiar somewhat with those settings as I have the video tutorial. But I didn't change any settings, I have 3 types already set up. In fact in closely examining what was going on I could see that if I came within 100 metres of a previously laid TurfFX, it would vanish taking out the whole of the next section laid. Given other problems wth TRS19, I still hate it, despite it's potential.

Thank you John. Your setups should help a lot of members. The last three setups are what I was referring to in my post.

I'm glad they may help. They're pretty successful settings and then I customize from there as needed for the situation. The issues I've found is the things overall get slower and slower when there's a lot of grass and it will disappear from view as well, which means it's pushing the graphics card. For that reason, I keep my Turf-FX grass no deeper than if I were laying down splines.

Back