Trainz Platinum additional downloads

Starpaly

After installing Platinum everything seemed fine right up until I started downloading the additional "included" packages. Most seem ok, but many either won't download fully or install and quite a few of them that do have many many many missing assets! I should not have to hunt down assets for routes and other assets that are supposed to be included. If I do decide to download the missing assets, I should NOT have to spend hours/days doing so. I will not purchase a first class ticket just to download content that was supposed to be included in the "Platinum" edition of Trainz!

If the content is "included", then why do I even have to do ANY searching for "missing content/dependencies".

Not a happy camper at this point!:(:(:(:(:(:(

Make sure you have the Tane assets installed, there are 2 downloads, as these contain some of the missing assets. Make sure to download all the Platinum free routes as some content may be found in another route.

Re-installed, still have questions

Make sure you have the Tane assets installed, there are 2 downloads, as these contain some of the missing assets. Make sure to download all the Platinum free routes as some content may be found in another route.

I don't know why y first install failed so miserably but after completely uninstalling and re-installing, it appears everything is ok.

But, I noticed that a lot of assets have not been updated to the newest versions. If I install the latest versions of these assets will they automatically be used? I ask because after downloading the latest version of a few assets, the old version remains installed.

For instance, a couple of bogey's have newer versions. do the vehicles that would use those bogeys need to be modified or are the newer versions automatically used?

Back