new Trainz Download

tonytony

Life gets more complicated with Trainz. I have just downloaded the Platinum edition of Trainz 2019 - I have a lovely picture with a majestic American loco in lovely scenery
I can swivel round, go up and down, but where the hell are the controls. the loco will not move
I've depressed every key on my keyboard but nothing happens

Life was never this like this with earlier Traonz
Tony

Sounds like you are at the opening screen. You need to go to Driver/Surveyor to find the routes and sessions (Make sure you have installed them all by going to "Content Store" on the splash screen and installing everything that says "Install"). Or, you may want to go to "Learn to Drive", and try the tutorials. Be aware however that half of the tutorials have unfixed issues.

Hello, Splash screen is the opening panel. It does not take up full screen. It says "Trainz" in yellow and has "Start Trainz" and other buttons. Click the Start Trainz and you should then get a full screen and be "in game." You should see "Driver/Surveyor" "My Collection" "More Content" "Learn to Drive". Click the "Learn to Drive" and report back what you get.

Hello again. Have opened 'Learn to Drive and have various tutorial sessions available plus three route I may like

Great... now on the main game screen click on Driver - that will show any routes installed. Click on a route and that will show any sessions for that particular route. Some routes have no sessions. Some do. Most Payware (from the store) will have sessions. There is a lot of great Freeware. Many great routes. You can download those from the Content Manager (also available from the main game screen.) On Content Manager click on the column headers and add all the columns available. They have info that will be good in the future.

Explore around - try the tutorials (though I understand some are broken.) Use the tutorial to just learn how to drive and then fire up Kickstarter Route and one of it's sessions and try it.

Well I now have loaded Cornish main line BUT it will not open because of hunmdrfeds of missing items
So I am back to the old problem that I had in the spring. Trainz 2019 DOES NOT WORK ON MAC. I wonder if Trainz will recompense me with my payment ?

Trainz does work on a Mac. I have it on a MacBook Pro and iMac. (My main install is a Windows gaming machine.) Something is wrong with your install. You should have no missing items at all for the supplied Routes.
- Are you sure it installed completely?
- You say you have missing items for Cornish but what about the built in "Kickstarter 2?"
- One thing to check is your disk space. How much empty disk do you have? What Mac are you running on.

In spring 2020 I purchased an IMac loaded Trainz which was a complete disaster. I thought maybe I needed more Ram so recently upgraded to 32g RAM. I have my main drive where all Applications are with 725gig still available for use - after loading Trainz
The result is exactly the same as in the spring. Hundreds of missing dependencies
I get the small picture for the route but it will NOT open in any circumstances
Kickstarter seems to be loaded OK but I have so far only opened the tutorials
I previously had Trainz 12 with basically no trouble at all. I have a good internet connections and I downloaded many routes and other content, changed, altered, improved to my liking and extended in great detail downloaded routes BUT come the new 64bit Mac and it has been trouble ever since.
To say the least I am very disappointed and now unless someone can come up with some startling idea I will remain a very dissolutioned user of Trainz.
So what are Auran going to offer. I paid for Trainz 19 in the spring of 2020 and paid for Trainz Platinum today and I have got NOTHING in return

Tony

I would delete Trainz and it's data folder and redownload. Then BEFORE you do any other downloads of content try to run Kickstarter County. That route is built into the game and if it runs then your app install would seem to be OK. Download you other routes only after you know Kickstarter works OK. And then download them one at a time and test each one before others. To find your install folder (to delete it) start the game then on initial screen click Trainz Settings, then Install, and you will see the path to your "Local Data Folder".

Only you can decide to do the above. Deleting the data folder will delete any and all Payware, 3rd Party, and other content you may have installed. Any route or session you have created or saved will be deleted also. I am not responsible for any lost data. You should always have backups of your computer disk and files.

Make sure you have downloaded the package of TANE assets for TS2019 or else you will have problems with missing dependencies.

UPDATE 106618

Hello Help pleace

I have build 105096
How do I get this update Trainz 2019: Trainz + UPDATE 106618

I bought Trainz PLUS, which was activated.
When I downloaded the patch, it came up that "there is no patch for my version.
What have I done wrong ?

Hello Help pleace

I have build 105096
How do I get this update Trainz 2019: Trainz + UPDATE 106618

I bought Trainz PLUS, which was activated.
When I downloaded the patch, it came up that "there is no patch for my version.
What have I done wrong ?

Is your "Update Stream" set for "Trains Plus"? (Plus would actually update now to 109641. 106618 was the previous release.) And make sure your splash screen has a PLUS on the yellow logo.

Back