"Red" Objects showing in Surveyor

MarkNolan

Hi all,

This is the first time I have encountered this. I opened up my route to see this:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Can anyone identify what is causing this and how to remove this? I did a database rebuild to no avail.

Mark

I've never seen anything like this before....BUT, they remind me of track markers. Have you opened the track marker tab in "tracks" and tried to delete them from there?

Mark,

I've seen something like this once and it turned out to be a corrupted asset.

Can you get the object?

It appears to be a broken track-object like a track-mark, or something.

If you get it, you can then see what it is and then verify that it's corrupt or not in Content Manager. If it's not built-in, you can download it again, or reinstall it from CDP.

You might want to run a DBR afterwards too just in case.

Yeah I agree they look like trackmarks that have been.... blown up to enormous size. Corrupted asset is definetely a possibility.

Another possibility is maybe also your video card is malfunctioning - I know years ago I had similar visual artifacts appear in another game and as time went by it progressively got worse. Turns out my Nvidia card was packing it in and so promptly replacing it with a new card fixed the problem. I've since had another Nvidia card die on me in similar circumstances where suddennly weird artifacts occured in a game and it got progressively worse until finally the whole screen was glitching even on the Desktop, so this might be a flaw of Nvidia cards in general where they die slowly and painfully but still try to show graphics as much as possible (ATI Radeon cards on the other hand, will die suddennly without any warning whatsoever and never seem to get to the 'weird graphics' stage and thus just abruptly stop working completely).

Either way, it would not hurt to check your video card and see if there isn't any hardware damage (such as overheating) which might be causing such a weird effect.

Last edited:
Hi
I saw the same problem and I worked out it was some NSW signals with SL 1a T& M and 2a and 3a H as well as NSW signals DL 1a/1a T and 2a/2a M And 2a/3a H.as soon as I replaced those signals with something else the big red arrows/trackmarks disappeared
Robert2004-1

Back