DDA40X Faulty TRS19

Chris750

Finally purchased TRS19 and am installing my JR locos, the NS SD70ace IT is showing a faulty DDA40X cab so wandered over to JR but I have no idea what cab I need to replace it with. I don't know cabs and such, so seeing PRE-DASH 2 cab means nothing to me. Any ideas?

Just as an aside, it would be nice if you when you went to the loco itself the DEP you need for it were listed on that page, for those of us who have no clue a page full of DEP is very confusing and I am not looking forward to installing my other locos. :wave:

Finally purchased TRS19 and am installing my JR locos, the NS SD70ace IT is showing a faulty DDA40X cab so wandered over to JR but I have no idea what cab I need to replace it with. I don't know cabs and such, so seeing PRE-DASH 2 cab means nothing to me. Any ideas?

Just as an aside, it would be nice if you when you went to the loco itself the DEP you need for it were listed on that page, for those of us who have no clue a page full of DEP is very confusing and I am not looking forward to installing my other locos. :wave:

What's the error?

Did you try reverting to original, if built-in?
Check for updates?
Run a DBR?

Hi John; Ok, went back to TANE and the DD is built into Auran it states, but the errors I am getting are:

! <kuid:-25:537> VE39: The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-25:537> VE39: The texture 'needle_red.tga' is a uniform color.
! <kuid:-25:537> VE39: The texture 'needle_white.tga' is a uniform color.

BUT - I fixed it, I noted it said this was an old trainz build, so changed to 4.6 and all is right in the world...WTFK? So it wasn't a JR problem, my apology for that, so now shall try installing all my other locos, about 12 more. ###No I didn't, it is red inside the game###

**Somehow installing my SD40 corrupted the Golden route, may just uninstall and start over again.**

Last edited:
There should be an update of TANE assets for TRS19 you may want to try that because copying over old payware and built-in assets doesn't always work well.

The uniform color issue is easy to fix as you found out. A single pixel of a different color fixes the problem. This issue was ignored in the past, but it's a good thing its flagged now because this can cause poor performance.

You shouldn't need to change the build number. That isn't necessary because by upgrading the build number to a higher value can cause other errors. This may explain why your SD40 isn't working well now.

How does this engine corrupt your route? Causes a drop to the desktop, or does it cause a faulty route?

Back