Animdist strikes back!

NSW_620_Class

The animdist tag has been the bane of my existence for a while now, but this really takes the cake...

I've had an issue with one particular asset - nswgr_46class' TS12 D50, <kuid2:73150:100304:1>. This uses ad602000's D53 main bogie, <kuid2:63971:54508:1>, which is moving mind-numbingly fast even if I set animdist to 1 million (which would imply the wheels are 318km tall and rotate once if the loco travels 1000km, when in reality they turn several times per foot!) Nothing seems to be working. Is there something I'm missing or some way to fix this?

Thanks

The animdist tag has been the bane of my existence for a while now, but this really takes the cake...

I've had an issue with one particular asset - nswgr_46class' TS12 D50, <kuid2:73150:100304:1>. This uses ad602000's D53 main bogie, <kuid2:63971:54508:1>, which is moving mind-numbingly fast even if I set animdist to 1 million (which would imply the wheels are 318km tall and rotate once if the loco travels 1000km, when in reality they turn several times per foot!) Nothing seems to be working. Is there something I'm missing or some way to fix this?

Thanks

animdist works fine so long as the creator knows how to find the circumference of said bogey wheel and then convert to meters. Nothing hard there at all........plenty of online converters to use just for this purpose.

Hello gawpo50, thanks for your reply.

The number in question would be 4.07 (1.295, wheel diameter of the loco in question, times pi to find circumfrence). No dice. I don't know what could possibly have gone wrong...

Thanks again

Hello gawpo50, thanks for your reply.

The number in question would be 4.07 (1.295, wheel diameter of the loco in question, times pi to find circumfrence). No dice. I don't know what could possibly have gone wrong...

Thanks again

I'm assuming the given wheel diameter is in meters?

If that is the case then this should be the figure for animdist......4.608....I always go to three decimal places for animdist.

In the config should be this line. animdist 4.608

According to what you said.....your pretty correct on your setting. Did you make the bogey would be the next question and in what program?

Regards
Peter

If you are using blender, you can just select all the edges and add each length of the sides to get the circumference (By enabling "Edge Length").

MP26wv2L_o.png

The number in question would be 4.07

Correct, no problem there.

I checked it out in TANE 105766 and TRS19 105096 and it's working fine for me. I know that's not very helpful but it suggests the problem is not the asset itself. Perhaps some hardware or other settings.

Good luck.

Back