A great start for Platinum.

KotangaGirl

Pre-Grouping Railways Nut
I purchased TS2019-Platinum and I can't even download it. No matter what stream I tried I got nothing but this message.
I hope this is not a portend for my future experiences with Platinum.

R9owZyi.jpg

Did you go to My Trainz, then digital downloads? I don’t think it is a simple patch. Patching is generally to upgrade to the latest version of the same game. Are you going from Trainz 2019 to Trainz 2019 Platinum?

TRS19 Platinum edition is a complete new build - not a patch.
When I purchased the Platinum edition several months ago, I copied my original TRS19 build and the associated local user data folders to a different hard disk drive. It is now a totally separate, independent installation of Trainz.
I then installed Platinum on a different SSD and made sure that it was running correctly before copying over just the CDPs of the routes and sessions that I wanted to keep from the old build's Userdata folder.
All of the rest, including previously purchased DLC and packages were automatically made available to be downloaded and installed after the initial TRS19 Platinum installation. Any DLS items were updated using Content manager in the new Platinum build.

AMmTftA.jpg

This is the downloader in My Trainz. I did exactly what the instructions said and this is what I got.

R9owZyi.jpg

I don't want to give up or remove my old Classic TS2019 installation I want to keep it. My Classic install has barely any DLC as it's where I keep my own projects and legacy routes that I've rebuilt and upgraded.

EDIT: I have my Classic TS2019 install and its data folder on my D: drive under their own unique folder names.

Last edited:
Hi KotangaGirl - Yes - you absolutely NEED to keep your classic installation separate and distinct from the new Platinum build download as they have quite different file structure arrangements since Platinum sports some Trainz Plus functionality differences. i.e. NOT interchangeable, though you can of course import your older content into the Platinum edition in due course.
There should have been a link to the correct online installer provided in the confirmation email you received from the Trainz Store. Usually this is to the Digital Downloads section of your MyTrainz account.
Make sure to choose the TRS19 Platinum one, which is a complete and separate installation build in its own right.
The build 109641 shown in your dialog box screenie above is for the latest SP2 version of TRS19 Platinum (which I have now following a couple of recent beta patches to my original Platinum installation).

Thanks Ace. That seems to be the problem, - I don't have a TRS19 Platinum specific download link in my Digital Downloads section, - just the 109641 Plus one. I've gone through the emails from N3V and the only links are to My Trainz and not my Digital Downloads page.

Time for me to put in a support ticket and ask what's going on I think.

Trainz Plus and Platinum currently share the same build number and the functionality is differentiated by the resources allocated to your username.

As a Gold Class member, you already have access to everything that is in Platinum (and more features such as MPS and more content, such as all the DLC that isn't in Platinum).

So the Platinum purchase is really only useful if you cancel your sub. Trying to install that on it's own is the same as not using MPS and not installing all the content you have access to.

Thanks for your reply Tony. I hadn't realised that +Plus and Platinum were the same build number. All the various version of TS2019 are confusing and I'm not exactly a new chum when it comes to Trainz.
I'm happy enough to have Platinum put by though against the day I might want to cancel my +Plus subscription.

EDIT: The link for the +Plus stream is working fine so that's a relief. Downloading now.

Last edited:
A message from the support team.

[h=3]Trainz Support[/h]
8:08 PM (1 hour ago)

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Good Afternoon KotangaGirl
All versions of TRS19, including TrainzPlus, use variants of the same page to make downloading as simple as possible. As you have access to TrainzPlus through your TrainzPlus membership, you will only see the download page for TrainzPlus at the current time.

Our team are currently working on an updated download page that will allow you to choose between the available editions in your account, however this may take some time before it becomes available.

If you do wish to download the TRS19 Platinum Edition in addition to your TrainzPlus access, then please let me know and I can organize access to the offline installer for you. Unfortunately the online installer cannot currently be used to install versions below your current highest access level.

Please check these helpful pages:

FAQ
Trainz Knowledgebase
Trainz Forums
TRS2019 FAQ

Kind Regards

[/FONT]
N3V Games Support Team

I think it's really good that N3V are looking at being able to download earlier versions of TS2019. A big reason why I keep my Tinware Classic version of TS2019 walled off from being upgraded is that I have legacy routes there as well as my own work there that I don't want to be broken by an upgrade. I want to try out the newest/newer versions of TS2019, but not at the cost of losing my older legacy routes. I'm sure I'm not alone in this. Being able to still download the old basic SP1 version even if I own a later version would really be the best of both worlds.

It's good that I can download Platinum if I want to, but I'd need to get myself a larger hard drive first.

It's +Plus not Platinum.

Up until now the only reason I'd taken a +Plus subscription was so that my Tinware Classic version of TS2019 could make use of the Unified Surveyor System. I'd never actually downloaded and installed the full +Plus version of TS2019 or TRS19. So now I've finally gone and done it and installed a copy of +Plus. Once I got past the issue of which version stream I was supposed to download everything went along swimmingly without any problems.

I have to say that I really like the new Trainz Content Store and it's a big improvement over the older black menu where the darn thing would haunt me forevermore whenever I started up TS2019. Being able to download exactly what I want into my new install, - in this case Uk DLC and Zec's Australian DLC, - and not anything else was exactly what I've wanted in Trainz for ages. And there weren't any faulty assets or missing dependencies reported in CM either.

To give my new +Plus install a test I chose the S&C route. I've got all the versions of this going back to TC3 so it was a known quantity. Yes it's old and the scenery is simple and it doesn't have any new 'magic' stuff, but I happen to like the route so it was a good beginning. My ex-lease CoolerMaster computer won't exactly set the world on fire so I'd chosen a 'Medium' setup with no shadows because I don't like strange black blobs crawling over everything.
I'm not so well at the moment so I didn't play any of the sessions, just hopped trains and played being a tourist instead. The lighting seemed to be a bit better than in my older Tinware version, though I will adjust it a bit later, - and everything ran very smoothly without any problems. So I was very surprised when I discovered this.........

About four consists floating in the air in a semicircle at one of the layout edges. Is this a known fault? - or do I need to report it?

9cv6S3s.jpg

Good to see you are getting some things working out!

Up until now the only reason I'd taken a +Plus subscription was so that my Tinware Classic version of TS2019 could make use of the Unified Surveyor System. I'd never actually downloaded and installed the full +Plus version of TS2019 or TRS19. So now I've finally gone and done it and installed a copy of +Plus. Once I got past the issue of which version stream I was supposed to download everything went along swimmingly without any problems.

I have to say that I really like the new Trainz Content Store and it's a big improvement over the older black menu where the darn thing would haunt me forevermore whenever I started up TS2019. Being able to download exactly what I want into my new install, - in this case Uk DLC and Zec's Australian DLC, - and not anything else was exactly what I've wanted in Trainz for ages. And there weren't any faulty assets or missing dependencies reported in CM either.

To give my new +Plus install a test I chose the S&C route. I've got all the versions of this going back to TC3 so it was a known quantity. Yes it's old and the scenery is simple and it doesn't have any new 'magic' stuff, but I happen to like the route so it was a good beginning. My ex-lease CoolerMaster computer won't exactly set the world on fire so I'd chosen a 'Medium' setup with no shadows because I don't like strange black blobs crawling over everything.
I'm not so well at the moment so I didn't play any of the sessions, just hopped trains and played being a tourist instead. The lighting seemed to be a bit better than in my older Tinware version, though I will adjust it a bit later, - and everything ran very smoothly without any problems. So I was very surprised when I discovered this.........

About four consists floating in the air in a semicircle at one of the layout edges. Is this a known fault? - or do I need to report it?

9cv6S3s.jpg

I haven't been Trainzing lately because I had a lot of trouble getting streight answers to some problems I had been working on BUT, you have inspired me with this:

" I didn't play any of the sessions, just hopped trains and played being a tourist instead "

I think I'm going to fire-up my Trainz machine and do just that!

It's our first big snow here in Pittsburgh and it is a winter wonderland out side my window and winter time/Christmas was always my traditional time to play with trains!

Thanks for making my day

Wild Willy the Wacko

Oh, another problem! Well I haven't checked out S&C in TRS19 but at least the floating consists are on the map, not off like a certain other route. Full marks for perseverance I must say. Time that route had a major repair and make over as well not to mention replace the hundreds of missing assets (in Tane). I agree it's another nice route.

Plus is Platinum or is Platinum a Plus? I'm utterly confused with all the varying and somewhat fragmented and manifold variations of TRS2019. Having said that and looking at KotangaGirl's screenshot post #11 there seems to be one unchanging constant throughout each iteration of the builds - things are getting worse with seemingly more and more problems arising! I think I'll avoid any new version for now!

Rob.

Oh, another problem! Well I haven't checked out S&C in TRS19 but at least the floating consists are on the map, not off like a certain other route. Full marks for perseverance I must say. Time that route had a major repair and make over as well not to mention replace the hundreds of missing assets (in Tane). I agree it's another nice route.

Perhaps they were forming a defensive circle against dieselisation Alikiwi. :hehe:

Up until I found the consists at the edge of the layout everything had been going nicely and I was feeling reasonably positive about going +Plus.
As you say it would be good to see the old S&C route get a proper tidy up and makeover; - that is provided it was done by someone who knows about the Uk steam era and the S&C in particular.

Plus is Platinum or is Platinum a Plus? I'm utterly confused with all the varying and somewhat fragmented and manifold variations of TRS2019. Having said that and looking at KotangaGirl's screenshot post #11 there seems to be one unchanging constant throughout each iteration of the builds - things are getting worse with seemingly more and more problems arising! I think I'll avoid any new version for now!

Rob.

+Plus is the same build number as Platinum Rob only it has access to testing beta streams and MPS should you want that and it can be upgraded. It's also a Rent-a-Train Sim since it's on a subscription plan. Should I stop my subscription I would imagine I would drop back to Platinum. For me though it wouldn't really make that much difference since I already own all the DLC I actually care about and MPS doesn't interest me at all.

Tony said......

'Trainz Plus and Platinum currently share the same build number and the functionality is differentiated by the resources allocated to your username.

As a Gold Class member, you already have access to everything that is in Platinum (and more features such as MPS and more content, such as all the DLC that isn't in Platinum).

So the Platinum purchase is really only useful if you cancel your sub. Trying to install that on it's own is the same as not using MPS and not installing all the content you have access to.
Tony Hilliam'

Last edited:
Back