Question Regarding Upgrading Trainz

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

With the Black Friday Trainz Sale, I noticed the Platinum Edition of TS19 was on sale for a simple $34.99 USD. However, with the impending "doom" of Trainz 2021 and its Platinum Edition likely following, and my 40GB of storage left on my computer (of which I have a hard drive for), I was wondering - should I upgrade from TANE to TS19 Platinum and miss out on better build numbers? Or should I just wait for Trainz 2021 and the Black Friday sales, presumably slashing prices of the Platinum Edition of that game like mad? I think the latter is better, but what do you guys think?

I think there is many years left of Trainz 2019 series. I think if there was a 2021 version, there would be word of it and beta testing.

Vote for 2019

My suggestion is go with 2019.......Plus your getting it on Sale..

I used to have have 2 earlier versions, 12 and TANE, in coming to 2019,

I liked 2019 over TANE, I was able to run larger Routes........ Of course like any new version, there was glitches with 2019, and corrections were made over time....That is normal for any new Software......

One last thing,

Make sure you back up your all your Assets, Routes Etc onto a Separate Drive so you don't lose anything in transition, this is one of biggest stumbling Blocks I have seen when upgrading.....And when you do a Clean Install, you can add your old Assets and see if there any hiccups with 2019 not liking them, Making them Faulty Etc........;)

Below I have pasted some links with additional information for you:

http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Manage_Backups

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?143360-How-do-you-restore-a-backup-of-a-Route

https://northwesttrainz.weebly.com/re-installing-trainz.html

Hope this helps......:wave:

Just so you know a full install of TRS19 Platinum is 60GB. 19 GB for the base install and 41 for all the DLC. Of course, you can choose not to install all the DLC.

William

So, the general consensus is to buy TS19. Also - how would I just save the entire app to a hard drive? I have one, and are running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 ATM, and have absolutely NO clue how to move an app + all of its files onto a hard drive + have it initially installed ON the hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have last week installed TRS2019 on my MacBook.
I have had it running on my desktop for years beginning with TRS2004.
My computers are
- Desktop PC W10 CPU: Model Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32 Gb Kingston Memory,
Display Device: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER on TU 104-A GPU
- MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009), Display Device NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
I installed as normal however created a local data folder on a external SSD and pointed the installation of data to this drive.
After I had allowed it to download all DLS content and after ensuring that there were no error messages etc. I imported my own route via cdp's with all its assets.
I corrected any errors including all my payware.
Needless to say my MacBook whilst it runs it, it is not satisfactory and of no use with respect to modifying my route.
You will have a better experience with Big Sur I expect.
What I have arranged is to be able to run and control my PC desktop with Google "Remote Desktop" installed on both computers.
Hope that this assists you. PM me if you wish to discuss.

So, the general consensus is to buy TS19. Also - how would I just save the entire app to a hard drive? I have one, and are running macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 ATM, and have absolutely NO clue how to move an app + all of its files onto a hard drive + have it initially installed ON the hard drive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

What Mac do you have? You may be better off upgrading to a large SSD. (replacing your disk drive) Depends greatly on age of your Mac and which Mac you have.

What Mac do you have? You may be better off upgrading to a large SSD. (replacing your disk drive) Depends greatly on age of your Mac and which Mac you have.

I know this thread is old, but TS19 is still the latest version, and I’m still considering it. My Mac is:

2017 MacBook Pro 15”
Intel Core i7-7700HK (Quad-Core)
16GB LPDDR3 RAM
Intel Plus 630 + AMD Radeon Pro 555
256GB SSD (about 20GB left due to so much more Trains content having been installed since the last post here)

If it is running T:ANE OK, I believe it should run TRS2019 fine. Sounds like you will need a lot more hard drive space though.

If it is running T:ANE OK, I believe it should run TRS2019 fine. Sounds like you will need a lot more hard drive space though.

Yeah, I know about the hard drive space. I’m considering upgrading now, but I only really need a new laptop next year, and I’ll probably get TS19 Platinum then, so might as well splurge on my next laptop and make sure I have at least a terabyte of storage.

Back