Making parallel tracks

Goosetown

This is my first weekend of TMR and I am having what I hope is a simple problem.
When I try to lay a yard (tracks close together), the second track always want to snap to the first creating a junction.
How do I stop that from happening.
Chris

I use MB Quad (MB_4m_finescale_quad_4m - Mike10 <KUID:35412:38125>)

And MB Dual (MB_4m_finescale_double_4m - Mike10 <KUID:35412:38124>)
for straightaways

And use single track in curves

This @ replicates the PRR Standard of the World 3.5m track spacing (13 foot spacing center to center)

My track spline points just barely touch the very outside end of adjacent tracks ties

I later on replace all the MB multi-track, with single track

PRR Track Guide - GFisher <KUID:106916:10328> - A guide for laying out four track Pennsylvania Railroad mainline set at 13 foot spacing center to center. It is a scenery item.

Last edited:
There are also some waygauge assets on the DLS which can help line things up. However in the MR environment it is advisable to use as a temporary template as they will lift or drop with the terrain height and can't be adjusted up or down.

There are also some waygauge assets on the DLS which can help line things up. However in the MR environment it is advisable to use as a temporary template as they will lift or drop with the terrain height and can't be adjusted up or down.

I made some about eleven years ago : Way Gauge UK 2T, Way Gauge UK 3T, Way Gauge UK Island - the first two to UK 3.5m spacing, the third to accommodate an island platform (one of mine) between correctly spaced tracks. I still use them but would stress that they must, as Vern says, be only temporary as leaving them in place can wreck a complete route or virtual model railway - as I discovered. They can be used in combination to lay any number of parallel tracks. There is also a Way Gauge Metro (NB: Not "Metre") for the Paris Metro network which is slightly less than standard gauge. All update to any attached track.

Ray

As an aside to that Ray, did anyone ever create anything rolling stock wise for the Paris Metro? We have some (now very old) NYC subway stuff and LT underground stock, but I've never seen anything for Paris.

As an aside to that Ray, did anyone ever create anything rolling stock wise for the Paris Metro? We have some (now very old) NYC subway stuff and LT underground stock, but I've never seen anything for Paris.

Yes, Varn, me again! Some of my earliest models were fairly crude representation of the Classic Sprague-Thomson rolling stock of the Paris Metro, rather like "litho" models without modern refinements such as transparent windows, opening doors, passengers etc. but they pleased me and apparently some others judging by the downloads. I had wanted to model them for a "real world" model railway since travelling on them when staying in Paris in 1952. In appearance they were very similar to the early 20th century stock. I'll head over to the download staion to refresh my memory of what I actually created - but they certainly still work in T:ANE. Back soon!

Ray

My Paris Metro models include locomatives and passenger coaches (search for Sprague), stations, track, tunnels, signs, nameboards, etc - a whole host of things (search for Metro but this will bring up many other models containing that word, of course, so probably best to use my Kuid 275817 to filter), and a demo layout (Metro test and demo), no scenery, showing how everything is used. Various lines had similar stock in different colour schemes and these were catered for but it seems that not all are on the DLS (although they were!)

More information at Paris Metro – Ray's Trainz (wordpress.com)

Ray

Last edited:
If you want gauges that are wider than 3.5m. You could try looking at the various "DFLS Tool" assets by trainbernd, eg kuid 42778:30106. The set was designed for aligning tracks and cateneries, but you don't need to use the catenaries for aligning tracks. They are quite old now but work very well in TANE and TMR17. And just to repeat the message, remove the gauges afterwards.

Mike

Hold the shift key then click to set your endpoint. This should prevent snapping to each other.
Regards, Chris
Oh! All these years using TRAINZ and I hadn't realized that.
I had solved the issue by zooming the view in a bit closer until that stopped happening.

Back