Sessions Retaining Route Settings

DennR

I might be a long way behind the eight ball with this but I have raised a ticket because this situation has arisen in all my sessions on a development route.
The Route is destined to become DLC and is not mine. I am simply producing some sessions and Beta testing the route as I develop the sessions.
Along the way I have found a few issues that needed fixing. Among them are some speed limits using the VSBNSW surveyor only triggers.
Where I have spotted that the visual speed board does not match the VSB setting or I wanted a different speed board I have asked for them to be changed.
The route builder has obliged and sent me an updated cdp of the route.
So Far SO Good.
When I open a session I get the old setting for the VSB in the session but if I open the route in surveyor they are the new settings.
Is there a way to force the session to update or am I stuck with going into every session and manually setting every VSB to the latest setting that match the route.
There have been at least five iterations of the route and sessions have been completed at various points along that progression.
What that means is there will be different setting to change in each session to bring them all to the latest version of the route and we are not finished yet.

Am I being dumb or does this appear to be valid issue for anyone working at CM4.7 today?

Working as intended. A possible workaround is to get the route creator to delete the object and place a new one.

Disclaimer; I'm not familiar with exactly what those objects are and assuming it's a simple case of property editing and saved properties in the session. If the specific objects are using some form of linking (eg, electronic speed signs linked to signals) then deleting objects may break those links also.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, I have been working closely with the route creator and now we understand the mode of operation we have manually edited all the settings in the sessions to the current route values.

I can see the merit of this based on the need to interface signal paths with locomotive route, it is only because this is a DLC route in development in CM4.7 that when I first came across the phenomena I had no idea why the values did not automatically update. The fact that they are stored in the session is valuable in the long term and is now sorted in all sessions for the current state of development of the route.

Back