Trainz crashing frequently

Zeldaboy14

Owner of ZPW.
So today, i was testing out some new assets i was refining, and trainz just started crashing at really any given opertunity it could have. I did a database rebuild, to which it was pulling a spare kuid that was builtin, but also located elsewhere in the files, but removing that still did nothing. I've noticed this happens when i'm running engines really fast, then trainz just crashs. I'm unsure whether to reinstall trainz or not yet :confused:

There's a bug with the Open/AL driver used by your sound card. It's not N3V's bug, but one created by the Open/AL foundation. N3V wrote their driver to the specs, but the Open/AL spec was incorrect and many hardware manufacturers followed the spec just like N3V did.

Ensure you are running the latest version of TRS2019 since there's a workaround in that version, I think I saw in the forums here.

The other solution is to keep your speed below 65 mph, or turn off the sound in the game.

That's weird. I tried TANE and it didn't crash at all. This issue just started this morning outta nowhere, so i'm confused. My soundcard is just a Soundblaster USB Live Play! 3, and is using just the default Windows driver

EDIT: Did some testing, and if the engine hits 55mph too quickly, it does indeed crash trs19. However, another train i have can hit 135mph before crashing trs19

Last edited:
That's weird. I tried TANE and it didn't crash at all. This issue just started this morning outta nowhere, so i'm confused. My soundcard is just a Soundblaster USB Live Play! 3, and is using just the default Windows driver

EDIT: Did some testing, and if the engine hits 55mph too quickly, it does indeed crash trs19. However, another train i have can hit 135mph before crashing trs19

Yes. This is the issue I was trying to explain from memory. Driving fast is the problem and it has something to do with the sound driver. The Open/AL stuff is in the hardware driver whether it comes from Microsoft or Creative Labs. The problem effects TRS2019 because that's where N3V switched over to the Open/AL driver for the program due to Mac and Windows support and soon at some point in the future Linux support as well. A single unified driver that runs on multiple operating systems is much easier to support than having to write the same thing multiple times.

Why it's happening recently could be related to a driver update or something. You know how that stuff goes.

Last edited:
Back