Who here has a train around their Christmas Tree?

jordon412

33 Year Old Railfan
Who here has already put up their Christmas tree? And how many of you have put a train around that tree? I've got my Lionel Polar Express set up around the tree, with this nifty extension cord with switch (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Do-it-Best-Do-it-16-2-Extension-Cord-With-Switch/120384897) that was long enough so that I could sit at my computer and turn it off and on whenever I want to run the train around the train. I also made sure to flip the direction switch (which is hidden in the cab) to forward only, so that it only goes forward and does not cycle thru the E-unit's reverse mechanism whenever power is applied to the track. However, two of my cat's have already knocked over two cars while underneath the tree, resulting in me having to climb underneath there and re-railing the two cars.

So, i have an o gauge layout (setting it up today) and i happen to be a collector :p

I have at least 40 O scale cars, four engines, and three totes i put it in, my dad has 7 engines, at least 60 cars and we have enough room on the layout to fit 35 percent of it :hehe:

So, i have an o gauge layout (setting it up today) and i happen to be a collector :p

I have at least 40 O scale cars, four engines, and three totes i put it in, my dad has 7 engines, at least 60 cars and we have enough room on the layout to fit 35 percent of it :hehe:

Both me and my dad have postwar Lionels, though I have a few modern Lionel train sets also. I've got them on display in my bedroom because I don't have anywhere to run them. There's a model railroad convention coming up in January in Atlanta that I'm saving money for. I'm also a 3rd generation model railroader as my grandfather on my mom's side had HO trains, which I now own. My dad also had HO trains, which are sitting with my HO trains downstairs in the bonus room.

im a fourth generation model railroader, which is kinda cool, my great grand parents had big collections, my great grand mother's tinplate train is still around but it is in horrible shape

This is the first time I'm using my iPhone to film and upload a video, so the sound is kinda soft. You'll need to turn up the volume to hear it better. But anyway, here's our Christmas tree with a sleeping, skiddish Wally underneath it that I woke up when I started up my train.

Im gonna do a pro gamer move

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

image0.jpg

We set this up today, my dad made it in like 2002 and it been running since

top level is all my stuff bottom is my dad's stuff

Like your train Jordon!

I've got a circular board for under the tree with both HO and N scale tracks. Unfortunately that got damaged in the last 11 months, so now I need to fix it or come up with something else.

oof, thats pretty bad, we run into similar problems, my dad decided to solder all the track together, so not when ever any of the rails get bent in between layout sections it gets ugly

Back