Trainz 2019 does not clones asset

AlexMaria

Ente Ferrovie dello Stato
Hi all,

I've been having a bit of an issue with the content manager of my newly-installed Trainz 2019: when i clone an asset (both via the Ctrl+D keybord shortcut or by the Content->Clone menu) the "duplicating asset" windows pops out, but once it has finished ("Task Completed - Kuid XXX successfully cloned to Kuid YYY") i can't find the cloned asset nowhere - not in the "open for edit" tab nor in the "All content" or "Installed" tabs either. Not even the search for the kuid number of the cloned asset gives any result, yet the "user data" folder path is set correctly.

How can i solve this?

Thanks.

(My version is build 105175)

I just tried it and it worked without any problems. (I have build 109641 so that may or may not make a difference).

The cloned asset will be named "New Asset" and should be "Open for Edit". Try the "Today" filter in CM.

The only possible problem that I can think of is if you are attempting to clone a DLC asset. In the past you were not able to do that and I do not know if that situation has changed.

I just tried it and it worked without any problems. (I have build 109641 so that may or may not make a difference).

The cloned asset will be named "New Asset" and should be "Open for Edit". Try the "Today" filter in CM.

The only possible problem that I can think of is if you are attempting to clone a DLC asset. In the past you were not able to do that and I do not know if that situation has changed.

Thank you! Now i've found it. I still have to get used to TZ19...

I've cloned dozens like this without any problem, build 105096. If you use "open for editing" make sure you don't have too many 'other' open for edit objects and/or select by category to make it easier to search.

When cloning TRS19 opens a small window, showing the progress of the task. Selecting all lines in the lower panel of this window and using *List Assets in a New Window", shows all Clones in a new window.

Peter

Back