.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

Thread: Trainz 2019 packages - Regional vs Platinum

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I'm not at all impressed by PBR shiny jelly coat that seems to be the default for any engines now being made for TS2019...
    Not everything is made with "shine", my work is with the use of PBR textures





    Last edited by OlegKhim; November 27th, 2020 at 02:06 AM.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,901
     

    Default

    Yes I suppose you are right Tony. I know I can be a terrible Luddite when it comes to Trainz, but I do like my engines to look like they work for their living.

    This is 'Duchess of Buccleuch' from my TS12 early BR West Coast borders layout strangely finding itself at Penzance in TS2019. It's a build 2.8 engine, but despite that to my mind it has mass and presence and it looks like a real locomotive that works for its living. It also runs beautifully in TS2019 even if it does have a scruffy council binman wearing hi-vis for a driver.

    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    3,373
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by turt21 View Post
    Where can I find older CPR CAnadian rolling engines like was available in the original Trains?



    I have both the TRS19 North American Edition which I love and TRS19 Platinum which does have some newer features but to me is still a bit buggy. I don't know if those bugs will be fixed in any update.

    William
    [/QUOTE]

    Almost everything that was in earlier versions is now on the DLS.

    William

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,901
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OlegKhim View Post
    Not everything is made with "shine", my work is with the use of PBR textures


    (pictures snipped)

    And I have to say your work looks good Olegkhim with PBR properly enhancing your models.

    I'm not against PBR it's just that sometimes it's not used that well.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom, Cheshire
    Posts
    1,913
     

    Default

    This shiny Duchess has really p'd me off. I paid for the standalone package and now I can only use that package in TANE (which I don't use any more), If I want to use it in TRS19 I need to wear sunglasses to avoid the supernova glare. Why can't I use the version I paid for in TRS19 without it being converted to a shiny plastic looking lump with chrome plated motion parts?
    Maybe if you stopped the shiny one from obsoleting the original you might make some people happy.
    Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

  6. #21

    Default

    Ok thanks all... so last question - if I decided I didn't mind the Duchesses being wobbly jelly texture, can I get them separately if I buy the UK Content pack, or not?
    And if I already own the LMS DUchess and Coronation Scot packs, can I import them into 2019?

    I do have some GPLocomotives models and really like them but the shade of LMS maroon he uses comes up more like dark pink, especially compared to the colour of MK1 stock or LMS coaches.
    Last edited by alexl102; November 27th, 2020 at 06:52 AM.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    295
     

    Default

    I have TRS19 Platinum and I thought I could make a database of only the regional content I wanted for a particular project. I failed in that attempt because I found that many items are shared between different DLC routes that are provided with the Platinum version so for example a bridge could be part of a UK route but used by the author of a North American route. In this case if I install the North American route then it has missing dependencay "unknown because the asset is part of a DLC route I do not have installed. The only way to get that asset is install the route.
    I tried two databases, one with all the doner routes installed and one with only the selected routes. The restrictions on moving / copying built in and payware assets means that you cannot even move them between databases in the same installation of TRS19 P.
    I fear that this would also apply to regional versions of TRS19 and this concept of shared assets would make route selection and error free installation very difficult so I for one am putting up with all the unwanted clutter and resorting to pick lists rather than having a small database that helps with smooth running and faster open and save times.
    TrainzItalia
    Gold Member for Life
    Ciao - Cheers - Best Regards,
    Bob

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    16,627
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexl102 View Post
    Ok thanks all... so last question - if I decided I didn't mind the Duchesses being wobbly jelly texture, can I get them separately if I buy the UK Content pack, or not?
    And if I already own the LMS DUchess and Coronation Scot packs, can I import them into 2019?

    I do have some GPLocomotives models and really like them but the shade of LMS maroon he uses comes up more like dark pink, especially compared to the colour of MK1 stock or LMS coaches.

    Any payware DLC from N3V you own should be downloadable in TRS19. Do not import as that does not work with payware and just breaks it.
    Malc


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,901
     

    Default

    I do have some GPLocomotives models and really like them but the shade of LMS maroon he uses comes up more like dark pink, especially compared to the colour of MK1 stock or LMS coaches.
    And that's my only complaint against GP Locos and also the reason why almost all of my engines from GP Locos are black or lined black except for the experimental BR blue Duchess.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,901
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DennR View Post
    I have TRS19 Platinum and I thought I could make a database of only the regional content I wanted for a particular project. I failed in that attempt because I found that many items are shared between different DLC routes that are provided with the Platinum version so for example a bridge could be part of a UK route but used by the author of a North American route. In this case if I install the North American route then it has missing dependencay "unknown because the asset is part of a DLC route I do not have installed. The only way to get that asset is install the route.
    I tried two databases, one with all the doner routes installed and one with only the selected routes. The restrictions on moving / copying built in and payware assets means that you cannot even move them between databases in the same installation of TRS19 P.
    I fear that this would also apply to regional versions of TRS19 and this concept of shared assets would make route selection and error free installation very difficult so I for one am putting up with all the unwanted clutter and resorting to pick lists rather than having a small database that helps with smooth running and faster open and save times.
    And that is exactly the problem with the Payware system that N3V uses.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom, Ceredigion, Alltyblaca
    Posts
    432
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    Any payware DLC from N3V you own should be downloadable in TRS19. Do not import as that does not work with payware and just breaks it.
    I have the T:ANE Duchess & Coronation stuff but it came as an executable (.exe) file. How do I run it to install the content into TRS19 rather than into T:ANE, I wonder?

    As you say, attempts to CDP the T:ANE Duchess stuff then import the CDPs into TRS19 (after disabling the jellied TRS19 versions) doesn't work, with various faults resulting even after the various missing bits are found and also CDP'd then imported.

    ******

    Another moan at N3V whilst I'm here: the paid-for content list in the TRS19 Platinum I bought has the LMS Coronation included (the same, I assumed, as that I bought for T:ANE). The description in TRS19 says it contains the red & black versions as well as the blue. In fact, the TRS19 content contains and downloads only the blue version. Where is the rest, Tony lad, eh, eh?

    I have added this latest TRS19 glitch to the only other serious glitch I seem to suffer, which is a CTD at various random moments in Driver - although they increase markedly when in lineside view.

    Will we need to wait the customary 2 years before TRS19 behaves itself, via the series of 4 service patches? By then there will be TRS21 or 22 to buy and be frustrated by. Gaw!

    Lataxe

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    16,627
     

    Default

    That's odd as all Duchess versions were downloaded here, probably a case of use the Content Store, uninstall it, run a database repair and then install it again, I had to do that with a couple of things that had missing bits.
    Malc


  13. #28
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom, Cheshire
    Posts
    3,755
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I'm not at all impressed by PBR shiny jelly coat that seems to be the default for any engines now being made for TS2019. With the Duchesses you're better off buying the ones sold by GP Locomotives since they look reasonably nice in TS2019 with no stupid over shiny paint work.
    I agree, TS2019 locos can be very shiny. In the case of the N3V Duchesses I managed to clone them (prior to the introduction of TS12 if I remember correctly but certainly before they were subject to DLC/DRM) and, with a few tweaks, I've managed to get them working in T:ANE and TS2019:



    Auran/N3V BR Duchess of Sutherland No. 46233 and LMS Black Duchess of Sutherland No. 6233 (a re-skin) in TS2019 - not a shiny bit to be seen!

    Sorry, slightly off topic!
    Last edited by robd; November 27th, 2020 at 03:43 PM.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Colorado, Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,051
     

    Default

    To get back to the OP's question, you are better off buying the full version instead of a regional one if you intend to download 3rd party routes. They usually have a few at least assets from another region than the one you have. This comes up again and again on the forum.
    I7-8700K
    1070Ti
    Z370
    PCIe SSD operation ( build)

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,901
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robd View Post
    I agree, TS2019 locos can be very shiny. In the case of the N3V Duchesses I managed to clone them (prior to the introduction of TS12 if I remember correctly but certainly before they were subject to DLC/DRM) and, with a few tweaks, I've managed to get them working in T:ANE and TS2019:

    (picture snipped)

    Auran/N3V BR Duchess of Sutherland No. 46233 and LMS Black Duchess of Sutherland No. 6233 (a re-skin) in TS2019 - not a shiny bit to be seen!

    Sorry, slightly off topic!
    And very nicely done too Rob. I have a collection of Auran's 2.9 and 3.1 Duchesses in TANE and very good they look too. The last thing I would want is for them to be turned into shiny jelly locomotives via an 'update'.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •