Trainz 2019 packages - Regional vs Platinum

Ok thanks all... so last question - if I decided I didn't mind the Duchesses being wobbly jelly texture, can I get them separately if I buy the UK Content pack, or not?
And if I already own the LMS DUchess and Coronation Scot packs, can I import them into 2019?

I do have some GPLocomotives models and really like them but the shade of LMS maroon he uses comes up more like dark pink, especially compared to the colour of MK1 stock or LMS coaches.

Last edited:
I have TRS19 Platinum and I thought I could make a database of only the regional content I wanted for a particular project. I failed in that attempt because I found that many items are shared between different DLC routes that are provided with the Platinum version so for example a bridge could be part of a UK route but used by the author of a North American route. In this case if I install the North American route then it has missing dependencay "unknown because the asset is part of a DLC route I do not have installed. The only way to get that asset is install the route.
I tried two databases, one with all the doner routes installed and one with only the selected routes. The restrictions on moving / copying built in and payware assets means that you cannot even move them between databases in the same installation of TRS19 P.
I fear that this would also apply to regional versions of TRS19 and this concept of shared assets would make route selection and error free installation very difficult so I for one am putting up with all the unwanted clutter and resorting to pick lists rather than having a small database that helps with smooth running and faster open and save times.

Ok thanks all... so last question - if I decided I didn't mind the Duchesses being wobbly jelly texture, can I get them separately if I buy the UK Content pack, or not?
And if I already own the LMS DUchess and Coronation Scot packs, can I import them into 2019?

I do have some GPLocomotives models and really like them but the shade of LMS maroon he uses comes up more like dark pink, especially compared to the colour of MK1 stock or LMS coaches.

Any payware DLC from N3V you own should be downloadable in TRS19. Do not import as that does not work with payware and just breaks it.

And that's my only complaint against GP Locos and also the reason why almost all of my engines from GP Locos are black or lined black except for the experimental BR blue Duchess.

I have TRS19 Platinum and I thought I could make a database of only the regional content I wanted for a particular project. I failed in that attempt because I found that many items are shared between different DLC routes that are provided with the Platinum version so for example a bridge could be part of a UK route but used by the author of a North American route. In this case if I install the North American route then it has missing dependencay "unknown because the asset is part of a DLC route I do not have installed. The only way to get that asset is install the route.
I tried two databases, one with all the doner routes installed and one with only the selected routes. The restrictions on moving / copying built in and payware assets means that you cannot even move them between databases in the same installation of TRS19 P.
I fear that this would also apply to regional versions of TRS19 and this concept of shared assets would make route selection and error free installation very difficult so I for one am putting up with all the unwanted clutter and resorting to pick lists rather than having a small database that helps with smooth running and faster open and save times.

And that is exactly the problem with the Payware system that N3V uses.

Any payware DLC from N3V you own should be downloadable in TRS19. Do not import as that does not work with payware and just breaks it.

I have the T:ANE Duchess & Coronation stuff but it came as an executable (.exe) file. How do I run it to install the content into TRS19 rather than into T:ANE, I wonder?

As you say, attempts to CDP the T:ANE Duchess stuff then import the CDPs into TRS19 (after disabling the jellied TRS19 versions) doesn't work, with various faults resulting even after the various missing bits are found and also CDP'd then imported.

Another moan at N3V whilst I'm here: the paid-for content list in the TRS19 Platinum I bought has the LMS Coronation included (the same, I assumed, as that I bought for T:ANE). The description in TRS19 says it contains the red & black versions as well as the blue. In fact, the TRS19 content contains and downloads only the blue version. Where is the rest, Tony lad, eh, eh?

I have added this latest TRS19 glitch to the only other serious glitch I seem to suffer, which is a CTD at various random moments in Driver - although they increase markedly when in lineside view.

Will we need to wait the customary 2 years before TRS19 behaves itself, via the series of 4 service patches? By then there will be TRS21 or 22 to buy and be frustrated by. Gaw!

Lataxe

That's odd as all Duchess versions were downloaded here, probably a case of use the Content Store, uninstall it, run a database repair and then install it again, I had to do that with a couple of things that had missing bits.

I'm not at all impressed by PBR shiny jelly coat that seems to be the default for any engines now being made for TS2019. With the Duchesses you're better off buying the ones sold by GP Locomotives since they look reasonably nice in TS2019 with no stupid over shiny paint work.

I agree, TS2019 locos can be very shiny. In the case of the N3V Duchesses I managed to clone them (prior to the introduction of TS12 if I remember correctly but certainly before they were subject to DLC/DRM) and, with a few tweaks, I've managed to get them working in T:ANE and TS2019:

TNmHJ6E.jpg

Auran/N3V BR Duchess of Sutherland No. 46233 and LMS Black Duchess of Sutherland No. 6233 (a re-skin) in TS2019 - not a shiny bit to be seen!

Sorry, slightly off topic!

Last edited:
To get back to the OP's question, you are better off buying the full version instead of a regional one if you intend to download 3rd party routes. They usually have a few at least assets from another region than the one you have. This comes up again and again on the forum.

I agree, TS2019 locos can be very shiny. In the case of the N3V Duchesses I managed to clone them (prior to the introduction of TS12 if I remember correctly but certainly before they were subject to DLC/DRM) and, with a few tweaks, I've managed to get them working in T:ANE and TS2019:

(picture snipped)

Auran/N3V BR Duchess of Sutherland No. 46233 and LMS Black Duchess of Sutherland No. 6233 (a re-skin) in TS2019 - not a shiny bit to be seen!

Sorry, slightly off topic!

And very nicely done too Rob. I have a collection of Auran's 2.9 and 3.1 Duchesses in TANE and very good they look too. The last thing I would want is for them to be turned into shiny jelly locomotives via an 'update'.

And very nicely done too Rob. I have a collection of Auran's 2.9 and 3.1 Duchesses in TANE and very good they look too. The last thing I would want is for them to be turned into shiny jelly locomotives via an 'update'.

Thanks KotangaGirl. I do think that what Tony Hilliam thinks we want and what we really want are two very different things!

Rob.

That's odd as all Duchess versions were downloaded here, probably a case of use the Content Store, uninstall it, run a database repair and then install it again, I had to do that with a couple of things that had missing bits.

Happily, your suggestion worked. Delete the Duchess from the Content list, do an extended DB repair then reload the Duchess. Thank you very much.

One issue remains, however: These consists show as faulty because of (it says) missing dependencies:

<kuid2:217537:123:2> LMS Duchess pre-war Heavy / Installed, missing dependencies, Payware
<kuid2:217537:124:3> LMS Duchess pre-war Medium / Installed, missing dependencies, Payware

In fact, no dependencies are missing, although two of the five have not had their initial kuids updated in the config file to the kuid2 version :1 kuids. But surely the config file should pick up the kuid2s anyway. ....?

Nothing is "open for edit" or otherwise an obvious cause.

Anyone else have this? The two consists show in the consist list within Surveyor but are in red type and can't be placed on the route. Nor can the consist config files be edited to include the kuid2s as it's all payware.

Lataxe

[FONT=&quot]Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Heaven help me I weakened and purchased TS2019 Platinum in the sale.
[/FONT]

Annie, I don't believe what I just read!
It will be interesting to see what you think of it.

Me? I weakened and bought a new LG IPS monitor in one of the Black Friday sales, so I am skint!
It's a huge 32inch one so that I can see my route-building mistakes easier :hehe:

Last edited:
Curiosity got the better of me Graham. After seeing so many posts about all the problems people were having with the Platinum version I thought I'd take a look at it myself. And yes I know that sounds daft, but it didn't cost that much at sale price and who knows it might even work properly.

I'm still keeping my classic tinware version though so I'm not completely silly.

That monitor sounds good and should be very useful for route building.

Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio, contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium.

Heaven help me I weakened and purchased TS2019 Platinum in the sale.

Hopefully your TRS2019 Platinum experience will be good but you will probably need the divine intervention you ask for in your prayer! :D

Rob.

More than likely Rob, but you never know. It's annoying that plain old classic TRS19 in my avatar track got bumped off and replaced with TRS19-Platinum though since I have both and I intend to keep it that way.

Please keep us none TRS2019 Platinum plebs up to speed with your quest for the 'Holy Grail' !

Rob.

I shall do that Rob. I haven't downloaded it yet as I had to do some moving about of files on my hard drives to make room for it.

So my question to this group is this:
I bought Platinum Edition and North American Edition. Both were on sale; and NAE was really cheap. Which one should I install first to try things out? Is NAE an older build number?
Thanks!
Ron

Back