.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41

Thread: Trainz 2019 packages - Regional vs Platinum

  1. #1

    Default Trainz 2019 packages - Regional vs Platinum

    Hi,
    I'm considering finally investing in Trainz2019 as i'm hoping to upgrade my laptop in the next few months. Black Friday sales seem like a good opporutnity!

    I'm slightly confused about the options though. I can afford to go for the Platinum bundle at it's current sale price, but I'm really only interested in UK content so was considering just gettting the UK regional edition. Other than 'international' content in terms of routes and rolling stock, what else is included in the platinum bundle?

    And just to be absolutely sure - this $34.99 is a one-off payment, not monthly, right? I don't want a subscription model.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexl102 View Post
    Hi,
    I'm considering finally investing in Trainz2019 as i'm hoping to upgrade my laptop in the next few months. Black Friday sales seem like a good opporutnity!

    I'm slightly confused about the options though. I can afford to go for the Platinum bundle at it's current sale price, but I'm really only interested in UK content so was considering just gettting the UK regional edition. Other than 'international' content in terms of routes and rolling stock, what else is included in the platinum bundle?

    And just to be absolutely sure - this $34.99 is a one-off payment, not monthly, right? I don't want a subscription model.
    With this version you will receive all the add-ons and you will not have to look for additional content in the future.
    In addition, the installation of all additional product occurs at your request, whatever you want and download at a good speed at any time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    3,383
     

    Default

    The Platinum Bundle is for TANE, It is just TANE SP4 with some DLC included in the bundle. TRS19 Platinum is the newest version of TRS19 that isn't a subscription based product.

    TRS19 UK will either be at SP1 when you download it or will update once installed. SP2 is in development and will likely drop just before they go on the super long and extended Christmas break that Aussies enjoy.

    I have both the TRS19 North American Edition which I love and TRS19 Platinum which does have some newer features but to me is still a bit buggy. I don't know if those bugs will be fixed in any update.

    William

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wreeder View Post
    The Platinum Bundle is for TANE, It is just TANE SP4 with some DLC included in the bundle. TRS19 Platinum is the newest version of TRS19 that isn't a subscription based product.

    TRS19 UK will either be at SP1 when you download it or will update once installed. SP2 is in development and will likely drop just before they go on the super long and extended Christmas break that Aussies enjoy.

    I have both the TRS19 North American Edition which I love and TRS19 Platinum which does have some newer features but to me is still a bit buggy. I don't know if those bugs will be fixed in any update.

    William
    This page seems to suggest that you get more with the Platinum edition of 2019 than the normal: https://store.trainzportal.com/pages...-2019#purchase

    I've noticed that the platinum package includes the LMS Duchess Pack upgraded for 2019; presume that isn't included in the regional pack?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Australia, Victoria, Churchill
    Posts
    2,109
     

    Default

    I would go for Platinum, the unified driver/surveyor is worth the extra on its own. The UK version is the original TRS19 with less routes and assets to use and the new 'content store' is far easier to use than the old in game downloader. Then there's the new camera modes, drone, walk and in-car.
    cheers
    Graeme

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,908
     

    Default

    It depends what you want. I have the Uk Edition at SP1 and no international or US clutter to take up space and get in the way. The new updated Duchess models have new meshes and all the PBR texturing bells and whistles, but to my mind they just look weird like they are coated with hyper-shiny jelly. I've tried the unified driver/surveyor system, but wasn't that impressed with it and if you're not careful you can end up with the work that you've done going missing into the wrong layers or being lost altogether. As you might have guessed I have a simple is best approach when it comes to Trainz and I just want it to function properly without being buggy or destroying the hard work that I've done.
    Last edited by KotangaGirl; November 26th, 2020 at 08:00 AM.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United Kingdom, Cheshire
    Posts
    1,924
     

    Default

    I will confirm what KotangaGirl says about the Dutchess, it's fine in TANE but in TRS19 it's a load of over polished useless cr@p! More suitable for Sodor than UK use.
    Who wants a depot full of working locos that are too shiney? not me. The blue one looks like it has a coat of Hammerite paint and all of the tenders vanish after 500ft viewing distance!
    I tried the unified driver/surveyer in Plus subscription, not suitable for me, I ditched Plus subscription and went back to TRS19 basic. (although my build shows as 106618 still).
    Graham,
    Enthusiast but not expert.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crewe, Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    16,637
     

    Default

    The Duchess's look like they have just come out of the paint shop in TRS19 because they have been converted to PBR, obviously by someone who has never seen one in the flesh and as they can't be edited not a lot anyone can do about it.
    Malc


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    United States of America, Alabama, Birmingham
    Posts
    3,383
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexl102 View Post
    This page seems to suggest that you get more with the Platinum edition of 2019 than the normal: https://store.trainzportal.com/pages...-2019#purchase

    I've noticed that the platinum package includes the LMS Duchess Pack upgraded for 2019; presume that isn't included in the regional pack?
    Basically you get all the content from all three regional editions plus those locos listed at the top.

    William

  10. #10

    Default Older CP rolling stock

    Where can I find older CPR CAnadian rolling engines like was available in the original Trains?



    I have both the TRS19 North American Edition which I love and TRS19 Platinum which does have some newer features but to me is still a bit buggy. I don't know if those bugs will be fixed in any update.

    William[/QUOTE]

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,908
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clam1952 View Post
    The Duchess's look like they have just come out of the paint shop in TRS19 because they have been converted to PBR, obviously by someone who has never seen one in the flesh and as they can't be edited not a lot anyone can do about it.
    I'm not at all impressed by PBR shiny jelly coat that seems to be the default for any engines now being made for TS2019. With the Duchesses you're better off buying the ones sold by GP Locomotives since they look reasonably nice in TS2019 with no stupid over shiny paint work.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    United States of America, California
    Posts
    113
     

    Default

    I'm not liking shiny rolling stock and locos either. They are immediately removed and sidelined.
    Dave

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Qld
    Posts
    6,405
     

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    I'm not at all impressed by PBR shiny jelly coat that seems to be the default for any engines now being made for TS2019.
    Actually, TRS19 introduces new materials that make it possible to have any range of shininess or not. The problem is older content that doesn't specify how shiny (or not) the material should be.

    Stuff being made specifically for TRS19 should appear far better than old content in the older engine.
    Tony Hilliam

    Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

    Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,908
     

    Default

    And a good few legacy engines in TS2019 look better than some of the made for TS2019 engines Tony. Done well by someone who knows what they they are doing the PBR materials can look very good indeed, but I get the feeling that some creators haven't got a clue. The new Duchesses are awful, - there's no other word for it. They have a rubbery plastic appearance that is nothing like a real steam locomotive.
    With most old engines as far back as TS2004 shininess settings in their mesh materials can be readily adjusted and I have yet to find one where I can't do something with it to improve its appearance.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Australia, Qld
    Posts
    6,405
     

    Default

    Isn't the point that the engine and materials now support any amount of shininess? Preservation locos tend to be very shiny.

    Here's a couple of shots to compare: (sorry large images)

    Shiny (Credit: By This image is copyright. You may use it for any purpose, including commercially, but all uses outside Wikimedia projects must be attributed as follows:© Simon Robinson, 2006, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=5894894)




    Not shiny


    What I think you're really after is different skins so you can select your preferred option.

    I'd say our version is not shiny enough. Fwiw, I like Brendan's update as is:
    Last edited by Tony_Hilliam; November 27th, 2020 at 01:27 AM.
    Tony Hilliam

    Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

    Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •