layers

EJB

i haven't really dug into layers yet. i have merged two routes. i can't add signals or switch machines to the new added on. any ideas how to get the new added route to accept the new items?

Does playing signals on a blank work okay?

If it doesn't we need to do surgery in Content Manager to fix that.

My first theory would be that the layer (or layers) have been locked. You would need to check their status in the layer tool and, if they are locked (with a closed padlock symbol), then unlock them.

My second theory is that the active layer (the selected or highlighted layer in the layer tool) is higher up the list than the layer containing the track. Track objects must be in the same or a lower layer than the track.

Both of the above situations should produce a warning message on the screen. If not then something else is wrong.

There is an extensive Trainz Wiki reference to using layers at http://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/index.php/How_to_Use_Layers

jcitron. the signals and switch machines work on the route one. the route two is the one i need to re-signal and add switch machines.
thank you
ernest
pware i I will check the to see what i can do. the route was taken off the downloads so it might be locked like you say i will look thank you

That's good. Now take a look at pware's links and I think that'll be helpful there. You may have to do some bulk assets move from one layer to another to get this sorted out.

i found the layers tag on the side in surveyor. i unlocked and now have the switches and signals underway.
thank you for the help
ernest
learn something in spite of being a old guy.

Back